PDA

View Full Version : pilot face

tsofia
12-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Hi please can some one help me to change the face of pilot?
How to do? I know in mission but in a Pilot profile I want change with my picture is possible?
Thanks a lot!!!!
Thomas

-HH-Quazi
12-16-2004, 07:11 AM
I have a squad mate that puts our heads on the piots bodies for us. He is very good at it. I will direct him to this thread today. He works nights so it may be late this afternoon or early evening before he will be able to post. You may get an answer before that. But I will ask him to check it out when he stirs around m8. Actually, it's pretty awesome. He even puts our squadron emblem on the back of the pilots flight jacket.

WTE_Ibis
12-17-2004, 02:34 AM
Now that I would like to learn.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pilotpimpf
12-18-2004, 03:59 AM
bump

if anyone can explain how to do this I would be very interested to.
when done will the face also show when playing off line, as most of my flying is done that way.

S.

P.P.

Extreme_One
12-18-2004, 04:15 AM
Open one of the existing pilot bitmaps in your favourite image editor and replace the bottom left quarter with an image (resized to fit) of your own face.

Save the bitmap with your chosen filename (256 colours) and voila!

How hard was that?

pilotpimpf
12-18-2004, 04:46 AM
thanks simon, you make it sound so simple.
after all this effort will the face then show up offline??
will infranveiw do the alterations or would i need to buy something like photoshop.
As an illiterate on these matters can anyone point me to a "tutorial" on this , I have tried searches on this forum with no sucess.

cheers PP

-HH-Quazi
12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
I am going to email my sqad m8 now and ask him to take the time to help here. He is off for the next four days and I am sure he won't mind. He doesn't get in this forum much. Spends most of his free time mission building. BTW, if you haven't tried it, he has a P-38 campaign, in two parts, on Aifwarfare's site. The m8 is a writer also and the briefs are somewhat of a short story and each mission is really tied into each other. They are awesome campaigns, only 15 missions in the first one and 20 missions in pt.2 If you like the P-38, you'll enjoy these. Anyway, look for his post sometime today.

fabianfred
12-18-2004, 07:07 AM
i've only used photoshop for this..

open one of the existing pilots in ps. .....choose one with the colour flight suit you prefer.... change from indexed colour to RGB.... cut your own face in a square with the bottom touching the chin and the top across the forehead...move it into the place where the old face is (creating a layer).... touch up with colour any parts of the suit you want... I like a bit more yellow on my bouyancy life vest... i added a small snoopy patch to my sleeve... combine the layers... switch back to indexed colour.... save as BMP...256 colours... 8 bit give it a name and save in the pilots folder

-HH-Quazi
12-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Check your Private Topics or PM's tsofia.