PDA

View Full Version : A way to get the corporations to WANT to change the law...

John_Stag
12-21-2004, 05:59 AM
For example;

Are there any Native Americans here?

Just wondering if you want to make a few billion sueing the Defense Establishment for the misuse of your cultural trademarks; eg. "Apache"?

Anyone think of any more?

CaptainGelo
12-21-2004, 06:01 AM
americans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

John_Stag
12-21-2004, 06:03 AM
British, mate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm just in a "Kick the B*ggers Back" kind of mood.

Amanda_Hugnkiss
12-21-2004, 06:17 AM
LOL...that would be an interresting case. Considering that "Apache" isn't a cultural trademark but a Nation within the Native American people. It would be like some Brit suing the company that made "british" racing green paint. Or the lame attempt of Harley Davidson trying to patent the sound of their engines. That law suit wasn't successful either. But the ultimate outcome of this fubar will be interresting reading all the same.

John_Stag
12-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Actually it IS the name of a Nation within the Native American People. You are correct, and the Corporations have ripped off that name for their own purposes. And are you sure that it isn't a Trademark? it seems to me that it has far more merit as one, than some of the "€œcommon law€ trademarks" claimed by N-G.

Unlike British Racing Green, which is used exclusively by British car manufacturers, What connection do the corporations have with the Native American Nations? If the AH64 was built by that Native American Nation, it would be different, but it isn't. I wonder how many trueblood Apaches work for Boeing?

BTW, if you're not a British car manufacturer, try using BRG on one of your cars and see how quick you end up in court; BMW tried.

Edit; I forgot to mention, it would be a good case to watch, because even if the "Apaches" lost, all the next sim developer/model manufacturer would have to do is to take note of the points that the corporate landsharks used to defend their case, and fire them right back at them when it was his turn.

IL2-chuter
12-21-2004, 12:20 PM
I would guess that the Apaches haven't trademarked their name and don't have a position in the market place . . .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wonder how many trueblood Apaches work for Boeing?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if there are ANY trueblood Apaches left.

Waldo.Pepper
12-21-2004, 01:43 PM
That is brilliant.

I WILL happen within 10 years.

Latico
12-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Culturally, I don't think the Native Americans ever claimed ownership of anything. At best, they attempt to protect burial grounds and areas that they concidered "Sacred Land" from desicration.

cpirrmann
12-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Of course, I don't think the sale of Apache's could be harmed by infringement. I wouldn't want one. They're not as fast as a Bf109 and can't out turn a Zero. Besides it's horrible to see them chopped up after the war. And what about the P-47? Shouldn't Gen. Billy Mitchell's family have gotten royalties for every B-25 built? And what about the P-47? Wasn't it also called the "Jug"? Who's got the copyright on those? I don't care who you are..that's funny right there.. ooops.. Copyright 'Larry the Cableguy'