PDA

View Full Version : ONE wish for TRACK-VIEWING

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Why not let you have the option to see the speed of the enemy as well when replaying a track? Flanker 2.x has this and it´s really for your learning. To better grasp the situation.

Like answering questions like "why could he follow my climb when he first had to catch me with a tight turn?" etc.

Please consider it!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Message Edited on 08/30/0304:29PM by F16_Filur

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Why not let you have the option to see the speed of the enemy as well when replaying a track? Flanker 2.x has this and it´s really for your learning. To better grasp the situation.

Like answering questions like "why could he follow my climb when he first had to catch me with a tight turn?" etc.

Please consider it!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Message Edited on 08/30/0304:29PM by F16_Filur

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 05:44 PM
A panel showing airspeed, altitude, and general damage status would be nice.

Philips CDRW

Posting vacuous messages since 2002

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 03:36 AM
Yes, or at least a speedbar for the enemy in the right corner when you hit ctrl F2, then it would stay as long as you have the focus on that plane (including flyby view etc.). Would be terrific to have both your own and the enemys speedbar at the same time. If real WW2-pilots could have had simulators I´m sure they would have appreciated it.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 08:59 PM
*bump*

this would really add to the learning curve and make the sim even more interesting

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Good idea! And should be doable.

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Can I add another wish or two?

Rewind would be ace!
Developers have said this is impossible though. Defeatists!

Also some toggleable features that do not affect aircraft physics and thus will not cause problems with track playback...
Such as cycling through icon displays the way you can on or offline. Would be very helpful to movie makers if they could switch off the icons, agree?
Also pressing 's' to bring up player list with aircraft and scores, to see how you or your buddies performed.
Default airfield cameras would be a nice option. Online a lot of action occurs above or close to the airfields. External views are nice but look a bit 'generated' as they are fixed to the aircraft in view. This doesn't look natural.
A floating camera in chase-view or cameraman type view (if you know what I mean) would be much better, but I bet would require a bit of programming.
A lot of games these days are giving 'real world' type camera views on replay with sway, shake and zooming into the action.
Toggling the chat box at the top of the screen would be welcome.
As it stands, all we can toggle at the moment (in terms of what you see) is 'inflight messages'.
That is not a lot to offer really.

I have been involved with and have witnessed some very spectacular dogfights online. I have recorded tracks.
I am (and others too) held back by the limitations of track playback. It needs more versatility if we are to create realistic movies of our online ventures.
I know you can set up your own style of mission offline with your own icon settings and your own cameras, but why should we be limited to what the host has set for his online server when playing back the track. I have no problem at all with how the game is hosted, be it with externals on or off or whatever. I only have a problem with the limitations of playing back the recorded track.

Oh, and why can't we have cockpit views of other aircraft in a track. You get all the externals but no cockpit?? Seems strange...

Sorry for rambling

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh BTW...
In response to the original post

Bump!

Message Edited on 09/06/0310:12PM by Scragbat

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Make it for il2 original too.