PDA

View Full Version : Digital video - My gosh it's hard to believe

nearmiss
08-31-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm running an ATI X800 GTO 256 Sapphire card.

I just bought a 22" Westinghouse LCD monitor LCM-22w2 at Best Buy 399US.

Last night it was a little difficult getting all the little kinks worked out on how to run the thing and all.

This morning I bought a DVI-D cable for hooking up the DVI from my VC to the monitor. It's like a friggin new world. The IL2 series at the highest levels is darned awesome.

So far...1 day of messing with it, digital definitely is a huge improvement.

If you can get over the pain of spending the big bucks for the monitor you'll like it. I'm sure there is no difference in the play, just how everything looks.

Course... I like to do a lot of observing from outside views as well. So the reflections off the planes they're flying facing the sunset is pretty awesome viewing.

Be cool

knightflyte
08-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Maybe someday I can upgrade.... (not that I have a bad system)....

I'm kind of looking forward to 'My BoB Machine.' Not only for the obvious release and enjoyment of BoB, but to also play IL2/PF at the highest and smoothest settings I've managed to ever play it at.

Congrats and enjoy the new monitor.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-01-2006, 06:47 AM
I completely understand your enthusiasm. When I upgraded monitors a few months back I also went "digital" with my connection and saw the same difference. I was able to increase my default resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x960. (sure I can run higher res, but I won't sacrifice playability for eye candy...I always look for the happy medium.

Currently, I'm gatheriing parts for my next build and am already well on my way. My goal is to have BoB playable at decent settings and PF maxed out AT ALL TIMES...

Here's what I'm building:

core 2 duo E6700 (in hand)
Dual WD 74GB raptors in raid 0 for boot sector (in hand)
WD 150GB raptor for data and gaming
2GB corsair DDR2/800 low latency
X-Fi Platinum SC
XFX 7950GX2 VC (in hand)
mobo - currently undecided. Waiting for 590 to mature more
PC P&C Silencer 750 PS
CoolerMaster Stacker aluminum case.

TB