PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer query

mgvr38
01-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Appeal for help from a newbie. I'm trying to link up with my bruvver via Ubi.com. He's set up a game, I'm trying to link to it... but I think one or other of our firewalls is blocking the link. I use ahardware firewall in my router, and I've opened up ports 17997 to 18003 as per the FAQ advice. Keith uses ZoneAlarm, and wecan't work out what settings he should have... anyone out there able to advise?

mgvr38
01-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Appeal for help from a newbie. I'm trying to link up with my bruvver via Ubi.com. He's set up a game, I'm trying to link to it... but I think one or other of our firewalls is blocking the link. I use ahardware firewall in my router, and I've opened up ports 17997 to 18003 as per the FAQ advice. Keith uses ZoneAlarm, and wecan't work out what settings he should have... anyone out there able to advise?

Blue_Ninja63
01-01-2006, 01:45 PM
For zone alarm he needs to have his firewall settings at medium for both internet and trusted zones, while he plays multiplayer so you can join him. If his settings are at high he will block you.

Hope this helps,

Blue_Ninja
U-boat Command (Commanding Officer)

Blue_Ninja63
01-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Extra note: for zone alarm make sure in program control he has silent hunter III active and all zones checked.

mgvr38
01-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Blue_Ninja: we've got Zonealarm set up as suggested but still no joy. I can see his game on the lsit, but no ping so can't Join. When we reverse, he sees mine but also no ping.