PDA

View Full Version : Storyline speculation/dream plot.

Fissure_Walker
01-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Mine's a little convoluted, but somehow, Gehn would be freed and would destroy Releeshan, You, Saavedro, and Atrus would follow him to K'Veer. He shoots Atrus, Gehn flees to another age, Saav follows, Atrus tells you to follow, you do.

It turns out Riven isn't completely destroyed, and all there is, is some islands floating above a void in the shape of a planet, that leads into the fissure.

The sky is gone, and you can see space. Gehn kills Saav, somehow you escape and set the rest of the planet on a crash course for the local sun. You trap Gehn, and jump into the void.

As you enter the starry expanse, you see Riven engulfed within the sun behind you. Instead of falling, you float within the stars, you find a linking book to K'veer and see Atrus die.

So...I had some sugar that night...as you can tell...what are some of your ideas?

emjohn45
01-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Story:

Atrus, Catherine and Yeesha are grieving over their loss of Sirrus and Achenar. Yeesha having her necklace back stumbles unto time fissure when linking to Releeshan with her father.

She sees Sirrus and Achenar but they are younger in a time before they turned away from the ways of Atrus. Atrus believes Yeesha because he had heard of such things but had never encountered such before. However,for fear of not returning or dying they do not enter the fissure.

Atrus must now discover a way to enter the fissure, recover his sons and make his way back to Tomanah. Perhaps he can have a second chance with his sons...he must try and he needs our help.

They could then cruise through any of the games they want...Riven, Exile, Revelation and Myst. They would be in the condition they were in before the boys destroyed things and before Gehn screwed things up.

We could see things with a more pristine look. Searching for the boys could take a long time, they could bring in many characters to help along the way.

We could see jungles, water worlds, mountains, temples, forests and cities...searching for his sons.

The end would be a good warm fuzzy making the saying "All's well that ends well" true. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Alkonium
01-30-2005, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fissure_Walker:
Mine's a little convoluted, but somehow, Gehn would be freed and would destroy Releeshan, You, Saavedro, and Atrus would follow him to K'Veer. He shoots Atrus, Gehn flees to another age, Saav follows, Atrus tells you to follow, you do.

It turns out Riven isn't completely destroyed, and all there is, is some islands floating above a void in the shape of a planet, that leads into the fissure.

The sky is gone, and you can see space. Gehn kills Saav, somehow you escape and set the rest of the planet on a crash course for the local sun. You trap Gehn, and jump into the void.

As you enter the starry expanse, you see Riven engulfed within the sun behind you. Instead of falling, you float within the stars, you find a linking book to K'veer and see Atrus die.

So...I had some sugar that night...as you can tell...what are some of _your_ ideas? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why Saavedro? Why would a maniac who stole Releeshahn be trying to save it?

ivanxuereb
01-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Because at the end of Exile he discovered that Narayan wasn't really destroyed and bid the stranger farwell end went on his merry way. What he found afterwards is a complete mystery http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

paxmanchris
03-05-2005, 09:56 PM
what i think the plot is for myst V
I've tryed to guess what myst IV was going to be about. once i saw the game i know i failed to guess right.
truthfuly, the only thing Myst IV did was just tell us that sirius was crazy and aganar was ok, sortof.
so anyways, i think myst V is going to take place somewhere in between Myst IV and URU. jugeing by the pictures given, this game is going to deal with Tomahna, D'ni, and some place called Todelmer(their will probley be more places).

i think that the main focus of the game is going to be on yessha. maybe yessha writes a book that defies the law's of d'ni, and atrus gets mad. yessha fleeds to D'ni.
she sees the destruction for herself. some how she finds about the baro.

somthing like that, or in that nature.

RonDinoso
03-21-2005, 07:19 PM
I must confess that Myst IV is my introduction to the Myst franchise. I plan to go back and purchase the other titles including Uru. I liked IV so much I played the game for the 2nd time. That's how much I enjoyed Myst IV.

My 2nd go round, the puzzles were far less painful than the first time I went through them. But I recall that even though that the puzzles were full of anguish for me, I loved the challenge they gave.

Wouldn't it be nice if the storyline to the next Myst title incorporates alternative storylines and alternative puzzles based on what the gamer does and what he decides to do. More decision-making power for the gamer as seen in the end of IV only offered throughout gameplay. What I would like to see is increased enjoyment for the gamer when he/she replays the game for the 2nd time or even the 3rd time because the game has new puzzles to confound over.

Ron