PDA

View Full Version : Radiator HOTAS

Orfson
02-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Is there a chance to assign a controller axis to the radiator? (FB)
I see I can only use a key (R) to cycle throug each setting. I'd line to use an axis or at leas two buttons (open a bit, close a bit).
Any idea? Thanks

Orfson
02-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Is there a chance to assign a controller axis to the radiator? (FB)
I see I can only use a key (R) to cycle throug each setting. I'd line to use an axis or at leas two buttons (open a bit, close a bit).
Any idea? Thanks

Heavy_Weather
02-19-2005, 10:09 AM
dont think you can slide the radiator open with a rotary or slider, must assign it to a button or key. of course the best way to find out is just try it for yourself and see if you havent already done so. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TX-Gunslinger
02-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Sure, I've had mine mapped for a long time. I use my radiator a lot, either full open or full closed (Full closed at the bottom of a dive, a microsecond before I pull up, and full open at the top of the climb, just before I start the dive).

I have mine mapped on the left-right keys of the hat switch of my throttle.

The left postition is programmed to cycle and the right is programmed to increment the radiator one click per keypress. Why?

Well, not all radiators in Il2 are the same. The FW-190A's are 5 graduations from fully opened to fully closed, while Ta-152's are 6 (have the additional AUTO/CLOSED settings). By the way, in the FW-190D9/Ta series the AUTO/CLOSED setting does not have the same effect as for example, the Bf109 Auto setting. In the FW series, the AUTO/CLOSED is almost useless, and should be considered equivalent to "Closed". The 109's Auto radiator actually works, but is not quite as efficient as manual. So the Auto/Closed for FW's is just like another closed position.

This allows me to depress the button left in the planes I fly the most, and go from fully open to fully closed in a single keypress and vice versa. On planes that I don't fly as much, the single graduation keypress alows me to 'sync' back up.

Of course, depending upon your joystick, you may not be able to program multiple macros into a single keypress.

So the left key depress the first time outputs the pattern:

Rad-Rad-Rad-Rad-Rad (open)

the second depression to the left outputs:

Rad (closed)

then repeats the pattern:

The right keypress of the Hat only ever outputs:

Rad

I've been flying Dora's and Ta almost exclusively for the past few months, but have'nt felt like adjusting the reprogramming (addition of one more 'Rad' command in the cycle to get past the Auto setting) to compenstate. Sort of like my sig http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Hope this helps.