PDA

View Full Version : So, Desmond will probably become the mentor. Yay or Nay? Spoilers all of AC.

RzaRecta357
10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
So, I know I've mentioned this on the board a few times and other people here have probably come to this conclusion also.

Just curious if people agree with it or if people just don't like the idea. The evidence sort of suggests it.

Anyway, in the fall it is revealed that the assassins now have ONE main mentor. Someone that most of the order doesn't even know if he's real or not. He hides from the Templar's so well that you can consider him Morpheus finding Neo. Because you need him to find you in the end.

Daniel Cross searched for ages until the mentor requested him.

Now, Daniel Cross did his thing...which I wrote spoiler warnings so i'm about to say...

He murders the mentor.

So this mentor is different in the fact that he holds all kinds of knowledge. Things only he knows. They choose the next mentor VERY carefully and it seemed Daniel would be the one for a moment until his programming awakened.

Now they're (The makers of the game.) are making a big deal out of blood lines and things of that nature. We know Desmond is special because he's the joining point of all these important bloodlines.

So were going to see something big in AC:R with Ezio probably. Something important that Ezio learned from Altair through the library.

Now with this important thing being passed on from mentor to mentor and then the mentor finally dying before passing it on...Desmond may be the only one to truly find these things out.

I don't know, just something I was thinking about when I read the fall and heard about the seals/library.

I know there are a few holes like in Ezios time there was no MAIN mentor yet. But who knows? They're good writers and might have something planned.

Maybe it'll have something to do with the next Assassin we play as in AC3

Anyway, if you read this far, thanks. Just bored and figured i'd try to start another conversation up.

naran6142
10-11-2011, 09:06 PM
TBH i doubt they will ever declare desmond the mentor of the order, desmond is obviously the key to everything but in my mind that doesn't make him a leader

With the way things are going in the modern setting, electing a new leader is not as important as working together to stop the Templars

Calvarok
10-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
TBH i doubt they will ever declare desmond the mentor of the order, desmond is obviously the key to everything but in my mind that doesn't make him a leader

With the way things are going in the modern setting, electing a new leader is not as important as working together to stop the Templars
They require leadership to do that.

Desmond has been mentored by Two great Assassins, and he's going to learn even more when he reaches the Nexus. I can see him becoming the new Mentor at the end of the game, but during it, he'll probably just be leading the charge to stop the Launch.

Saqaliba
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
I believe you are right. The type of a good leader is those who re-unify the Assassin order. We will see that Altair does this... not just for his own generation but having such forsight as to know that his greatest goal is to make sure the future generations have some means to be able to re-unify when times are tough. This is what the 6 keys are for. They are intended as a pedagogical tool for future assassin's.

Ezio literally rebuilt and unified the Assassin's order in Italy without little next to know knowledge of the past Assassins. Now he will discover what it is to be an Assassin in more than name. He will in turn unite Italia to Constantinople and the surrounding Mediterranean, being one of the first to start the Journey to a world unified order which will extend to USA via the cartographer Piri Reis.

All of this will in turn be extended to Desmond via the animus which was made from the technology of the 6 keys - all stemming from altair's vision of a unified future and strong leadership and also from Ezio to Desmond in his strengthening from his own visions of altair's strength and forsight.

Now, 2012 Assassin's are in a very weak circumstance and the Templars have the upper-hand power-wise, so it makes much sense that Desmond is going to be to the modern Assassin's what Altair and Ezio was to their own generation. Unifiers, great leaders, extenders of the Creed. Visionaries. Mentors.

Desmond will bring that strength to the order and his mind will be stronger from the nexus... we will see him become less the cocky bartender and watch him Mature like his predecessors.

SleezeRocker
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah Desmond will definatley be Il Mentor...of how to mix a Martini :P

LightRey
10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I would not be surprised if he would eventually grow to become The Mentor, but at this point he hasn't really shown any leadership to make anyone even think about making him The Mentor.

CRUDFACE
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I would not be surprised if he would eventually grow to become The Mentor, but at this point he hasn't really shown any leadership to make anyone even think about making him The Mentor.

Yeah, once he shows some of that, maybe. You need more than just amazing parkour killing techniques dripping with awesome sauce.

TBH, I nominate Lucy! for without her, Desmond would've died a bunch of time by now, lol

Rakudaton
10-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Desmond used to be a bartender, right? So perhaps instead of being the mentor he will serve drinks at that hypothetical "private espresso bar" Shaun sarcastically said he was hoping for at Assassin HQ.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I doubt Desmond will become the Mentor at the end of AC3, because of the fact that he is pretty unknown to the Assassins really and doesn't know their inner workings yet.

Some time after AC3 maybe, but I couldn't really see him being in a leadership position at the moment, seeing as he has a lot of ancestors to learn from.

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Not Mentor, i.e not an Official Mentor.
I like the Word Key better, or THE Link.. Perhaps the SAVIOR, but Official Mentor ?? NO

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
It will definetly be interesting to Desmonds memories of The Farm. It'll be great to see a modern day assassin camp, I remember Desmond saying it was similar to Masyaf so it should be great to see what it's like.

lukaszep
10-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Probably, but i doubt we'll ever see that happen in the games, seeing as Desmonds story is supposed to end in AC3, and he barely knows anything about the order at the moment. It took Ezio almost his entire life to reach "mentor" status.

Will_Lucky
10-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I do wonder if a Seal of Altair or a similar device is what they use to pass on the knowledge to one another.

RzaRecta357
10-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Well, they're planning on filling out Desmonds past. So maybe we'll see some leadership qualities there.

Then again, maybe it'll come out when he steps out of the animus and has a new purpose or something.

NewBlade200
10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Des doesn't have any leadership abilities. This could have something to do with having the personality and charisma of a blank sheet of paper with a photo of another piece of paper.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Des doesn't have any leadership abilities. This could have something to do with having the personality and charisma of a blank sheet of paper with a photo of another piece of paper.

guess what. There are real Desmond sequences in ACR and they are gonna fill that piece of paper with stuff!

NewBlade200
10-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

guess what. There are real Desmond sequences in ACR and they are gonna fill that piece of paper with stuff! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Worst case scenario would be if they just continue with Des being the same as he has been for the whole series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif