PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer noobs!

VampyS
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Don't you just hate it when you play with complete noobs online?

The Assassinate game mode used to be fun, challenging. Now, every session has to have two noobs that play only on rooftops with the hidden gun.

Why are they noobs you ask? Simple, they are spotted and they get 100 - 150pts on every kill. That means they should kill at least 20-30 to get a 1 - 3 position, which of course never happens.

They just annoy you.

Suiaq
03-24-2011, 01:34 AM
I know how you feel...

Give them just time to learn the game...

EscoBlades
03-24-2011, 05:17 AM
I can't complain. Playing on the PC against some noobs meant that i got over 10000 points in Assassinate for the first time, haha!

ace3001
03-24-2011, 05:19 AM
I don't see why you're complaining. They have a right to play the game any way they want, as long as they're not cheating. If they don't get points, it's their loss.

shop27C171CB8
03-24-2011, 05:56 AM
I tend to avoid them or sneak up on them.
Best match I had so far was "only" 5500 points but due to the bonus of kills made I got 9100 points.

All good with me, let them run haha!

Saikotek
03-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Since the moment they paid to play the game, they have the same right that you have to play it. So if you don't like, simply abandon the game!
Not everyone is pro on this, so just give them time to learn how to play correctly.

TheLeoCrow
03-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Since I first started playing, i was going for stealth. runners will probably remain runners no matter if they are noobs or not. I try to avoid them if i can but they are still annoying. Especially when they stop me from making a 500 point kill just to get 150 point kills (the 50 is from being a "saviour"

ace3001
03-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Especially when they stop me from making a 500 point kill just to get 150 point kills (the 50 is from being a "saviour" Still means they bested you, and you're just being bitter about it. Baaaawwwww!

shop27C171CB8
03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:Still means they bested you, and you're just being bitter about it. Baaaawwwww! Kolitha Upendra Kuruppu (Ezio Auditore da Firenze)
Works at Il Mentore at The Assassin Order - Studies at SLIIT - Has a relationship with Elizabeth 'Liz' Clarkdale

I lol'd at you. Let others "Baaaawwwww".

DekarXeros
03-24-2011, 10:09 AM
10min a game. 90sec cd.
Max 6gun kills a game, unless they have cd reduction and stuff.

Even then, 8gun kills a game? granted they use it the second the cd pops.

Couldnt care less.

ace3001
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:Still means they bested you, and you're just being bitter about it. Baaaawwwww! Kolitha Upendra Kuruppu (Ezio Auditore da Firenze)
Works at Il Mentore at The Assassin Order - Studies at SLIIT - Has a relationship with Elizabeth 'Liz' Clarkdale

I lol'd at you. Let others "Baaaawwwww". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How is what I put on my FB profile any of your business? I just happen to have an almost unhealthy obsession with Assassin's Creed. Anyway, my reply wasn't directed at YOU.

VampyS
03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I really do hope they will learn how to play.

@Saikotek That is a ignorant statement, that is widely used. Why abandon something when you can try to make it better.

I'm more annoyed cause of their attitude. Some started cursing and swearing just because I told them that the pts reward is very low. Go figure.

Saikotek
03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
It's normal that in the beginning people don't know how to play it correctly (I speak for me that only played 5 or 6 times because of the matchmaking problems), but in the case that you speak, they don't really want to learn and play how it should be, so I agree with you in that point... That must be a very annoying.

I only think that in the case of people who are still learning and adapting to multiplayer, the pro gamers should have a little patience, because it's normal.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Threads like this are usually the precursor to threads like "why are the numbers so low on multiplayer"

if you want low numbers keep slating the new players,and "noob" killing them.

if you want high numbers then help the new players or the so called self proclaimed "pro`s" should leave the game.

seen it happen on so many games,people who think they are somehow better than others for the simple reason they started sooner.

i would rather a populated server of "newbys" than a spartan server with a few "pro`s" anyday.

TheLeoCrow
03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Still means they bested you, and you're just being bitter about it. Baaaawwwww!

Being bitter about it would require me to want to be better than anyone else. I'm definatelly not, nor do i consider my self as a pro, far from it. I just want to have fun, playing a game the way it's supposed to be played. Running around, stressing about killing everyone else, is not fun, it's a chore. And it takes the fun away from everyone else. I understand when a "noob" does it, but when someone who has reached a high level does it, it's stupid!

VampyS
03-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I think I left the wrong impression just now. I do not consider myself a pro or anything close to it.

But I played from the start as it should. You don't have to be a genius to realize that on the rooftops you're highly visible (there is even an ingame tip). This and the gal`s voice when you start a session that says you should not be spotted by other templars should give this guys a hint about the way it's meant to be played.

To me a noob is not the one who just started playing and he's sloppy, but the one so arrogant who won't listen to a well intended advice from a player with a wider experience.

LadyGahan2010
03-24-2011, 09:50 PM
oh, boo-hoo, @OP, you once were a noob too, so do me a favor and suffer.

Ostracized
03-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I actually helped a rusher today.

Hal the match.. he rushed.. rushed me 4 times in 5 minutes. Each time i smacked him in the chops for being stupid.

On the 5th contract... i saw him walking calmly to me. He was obvious about it, but its an improvement,so I gave him an easy kill that gave him like 600 points which was more then his previous 3 kills did combined http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rematch... and he was a lot more stealthy that time.

ace3001
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by VampyS:

But I played from the start as it should. You don't have to be a genius to realize that on the rooftops you're highly visible (there is even an ingame tip). This and the gal`s voice when you start a session that says you should not be spotted by other templars should give this guys a hint about the way it's meant to be played.
Hmmm... I guess you do have quite a valid point here. But speaking from experience (this maybe just me, of course, and I haven't played multiplayer cause of my slow 512k connection), some may feel that it isn't Assassin's Creed without roof running. I feel that way a lot, and I know many friends who do. So it might just be their way of having fun. In which case, what you say sounds like "stop having fun so that I can have fun". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Originally posted by Ostracized:

On the 5th contract... i saw him walking calmly to me. He was obvious about it, but its an improvement,so I gave him an easy kill that gave him like 600 points which was more then his previous 3 kills did combined http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif People like you = Awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mornegroth
03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't understand the word noob.
I mean, there are so many different types of players. There are those who want to play just for the fun of it, if they find that type of approach fun then why wouldn't they do it? There are those who play just for the experience, those who play because they are ******ed gamers and know nothing more than play multiplayer (like some guys I know that bought COD:MW for example just to play online).
I dunno... Why would you call noob a person whose purpose is to enjoy the game?

mmdore
03-25-2011, 12:17 AM
got to agree with you morne, everyone should play the game the way they see fit, ive only played 4 matches cause of issues but ive seen players that gun from rooftops others that guard them, running and oh well they ll soon figure out why arent they leveling and gettng awesome skills quick enough. What i hate is some of the console guys who obviusly have a LOT of months of practice putting videos on youtube and calling pc ppl noobs. Its a new mp experience.

Sinysh
03-25-2011, 02:24 AM
only times i ever really run around on roofs, is if i see i got 3 pursuers and i feel really paranoid, at least that way i can 90% of the times get some stun points

Julveyo
03-25-2011, 03:49 AM
I've prefer Wanted mode. Fun for me.
But, as in result kids are crazy. Running here and there, on the roofs!

Tell me, what is the point to run on roofs?
I'm noob myself, played ACBMP just ~5 hours in total (maybe less). But I see no point in the game to run on roofs where you are on the big map, with just 6 people in game. I don't want to go for them on the roof, I can't cancel my contract, it's so fail. Anyway how they can't see all these messages what to do and what not to do, and how much points they taking?

So from 6 people only 3 people usually understand that they are playing not CoD.
~7K exp for round for normal people, and crazy kids finishing it with 1k-1,5k as in result.

I doubt that there is fun at all in what they are doing.

paziek
03-25-2011, 03:55 AM
If everyone were doing the same playstyle it could get boring. I don't mind roofers and rushers that much - its another obstacle to overcome for me. YOu can always get gun and shoot them down, they should soon leave roofs for good if you keep at it.

Tho I don't play Assassinate, so maybe its different there from Manhunt. Besides, if they kill a lot, then defenders can't get points for hiding (in Manhunt) or stuns, with is not that bad.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-25-2011, 04:05 AM
You have to chuckle at the fact this thread on multplayer is in the general discussion forum talking about "noobs"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Xellence
03-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
You have to chuckle at the fact this thread on multplayer is in the general discussion forum talking about "noobs"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

You are sooo right.

Guys, it is not uncommon to find people who don't play the game as it intended.

When you'll have a high Templar rating, and you'll play Ranked Matches, this will almost completely disappear.
For now - Just ignore it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xmbm
03-25-2011, 06:16 AM
You could play in a competition. If there isn't any, you could always make one. I'd even help you with it.
However, there's nothing wrong with being a noob. I don't think it's right to attack another person, simply because he doesn't know as much about the game as you do. Or do you also think that people 1000 years ago were stupid, because they weren't flying airplanes to go to another continent?

tcsnico
03-25-2011, 09:41 AM
chiiiiil we all have payed $ and we all all noobs sometimes.
Lets it sort it it out some are players that stays some are not bad for them,
me my self I just got the game intresedt in the multiplay, but after this thread not (so).
been playing all the way to this, NOW it feels like the comment's on NOOBS get me over the top.
what do they say shape up: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kuba00002010
03-25-2011, 09:45 AM
GIVE UBISOFT TIME TO LEARN MAKE ONLINE GAMES

DekarXeros
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Running on roofs DOES have a purpose.

You can get the air bonus.
The mid air bonus with gun (easier then on the ground).
The bonus where you kick some people from the wall.
Its great to get away from people, it even has 3 chase breakers!
And you can kill people without having to fear Mute/smoke!

Also, the people complaining about wanted.
You can't call them noob if you dont know how to cancel a contract yourself. Thats pretty sad!

How about trying the Gun out yourself, its amazing for killing roof runners.
They are always in sight, it takes 1 bang and you move on.

Enough reasons not to call running on roofs for noobs.

Heck, the SP has a mission where you are not allowed to touch the ground, and you tell us this game does not support the people on the roof? that its not the way this game is supposed to be played?

Trust me, people in the top 50 solo use roofs all the time, they are amazing if used right.

tcsnico
03-25-2011, 12:43 PM
this
Originally posted by DekarXeros:
Running on roofs DOES have a purpose.

You can get the air bonus.
The mid air bonus with gun (easier then on the ground).
The bonus where you kick some people from the wall.
Its great to get away from people, it even has 3 chase breakers!
And you can kill people without having to fear Mute/smoke!

Also, the people complaining about wanted.
You can't call them noob if you dont know how to cancel a contract yourself. Thats pretty sad!

How about trying the Gun out yourself, its amazing for killing roof runners.
They are always in sight, it takes 1 bang and you move on.

Enough reasons not to call running on roofs for noobs.

Heck, the SP has a mission where you are not allowed to touch the ground, and you tell us this game does not support the people on the roof? that its not the way this game is supposed to be played?

Trust me, people in the top 50 solo use roofs all the time, they are amazing if used right.
this serie is a bout not touching ground this fare the might change that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VampyS
03-25-2011, 08:58 PM
You guys need to open your eyes. Tcsnico, you posted a thorough explanation, but sadly a useless one.

I wasn't talking about the guys who use the roofs as a strategy. I AM TALKING ABOUT THOSE GUYS WHO ALWAYS GET 100PTS per KILL and end up 7TH or 8TH.

I hope I was clear.

Cheers!

soccer06
03-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Luckily, I haven't run into this very much.

lockerxzx
03-26-2011, 04:00 PM
One more thing to add: Gun is for "noobs" only because they are afraid or too lazy to get near to their targets

mmdore
03-26-2011, 04:29 PM
and this keeps going, if someone is having fun gunning let them do it without complaining, some people just dont care about k/d ratio, points winning its a game its supposed to be fun the way you want it to be no strict rules on how to play.
mp is serious business these days geez.

El_Sjietah
03-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mmdore:
and this keeps going, if someone is having fun gunning let them do it without complaining, some people just dont care about k/d ratio, points winning its a game its supposed to be fun the way you want it to be no strict rules on how to play.

Well, to draw a parallel to CoD4:MW. Noobtubes are a severe deterrent to fun gameplay for the majority of people over there. Sure, one person is having the time of his life, but 5 others are just plain annoyed by this. Not a fair balance imo.

Dellers
03-26-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm more off by luckers than "noobs" to be honest...Some people just have their full of luck, and get so many kills they shouldn't have. They're literally just walking into people to kill all the time, while I have to work really hard to even get to the point of the map where there's any enemies. Oh, and some people never seem to show on the map. That's what I call annoying. Noobs are only destroying it for themselves.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

VampyS
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by mmdore:

Are you for real? Um, I mean.. if you don't care about how it's supposed to be and allow everyone to have fun in their own way.. then I wish you'll join only the sessions I'm in. I can make your gaming experience a nightmare and will have fun doing it. From driving you nuts in the actual game, to making weird noises in the mic. Yes, the noobs I'm talking about do this too, besides shooting. After this, come back here and repost your opinion. I don't care about rankings either, but I do care about other players` gaming experience. If 99% of perks and abilities are for STEALTH KILLS that should give everyone a HINT that it's a STEALTH GAME.

Silence911
03-27-2011, 10:06 PM
The thread starter is just being rude.Besides what purpose does this thread serve other than ranting off about noobs.I dont even understand why is anybody even caring about what a conceited self-proclaimed pro thinks.The guy was most obviously assassinated by a noob on rooftops and is giving vent to his frustrations here.I mean no other pro has complained so vehemently about noobs.My advice to Vampy would be to be a sport and forget about it.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-28-2011, 12:15 AM

I can make your gaming experience a nightmare and will have fun doing it. From driving you nuts in the actual game, to making weird noises in the mic..

I think that just about puts an end to this "debate".

OP was killed by a noob a few times and tried doing it back but failed,and is truly bitter and twisted about it.
so comes whining on the forum about others doing to him what he threatens others with.

ps..i am almost tempted to start MP and go "noob" roof run him into insanity http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

mmdore
03-28-2011, 12:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mmdore:

Are you for real? Um, I mean.. if you don't care about how it's supposed to be and allow everyone to have fun in their own way.. then I wish you'll join only the sessions I'm in. I can make your gaming experience a nightmare and will have fun doing it. From driving you nuts in the actual game, to making weird noises in the mic. Yes, the noobs I'm talking about do this too, besides shooting. After this, come back here and repost your opinion. I don't care about rankings either, but I do care about other players` gaming experience. If 99% of perks and abilities are for STEALTH KILLS that should give everyone a HINT that it's a STEALTH GAME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I get your point i play a lot of mp games and w/e the game theres always ppl who have fun their own way (campers, tubers, soloers, even people just blocking teammates for fun.) what can you do about it? nothing mic spam? i would just mute the game or the player on other games, annoy people back w/e. the games supposed to be played stealthy doesnt mean everyones gonna do it and thats the fun of it when you teach them a lesson.

trooper14
03-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
I don't see why you're complaining. They have a right to play the game any way they want, as long as they're not cheating. If they don't get points, it's their loss.

100% agreed

ellumin0us
03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
stop complaining just use a gun and shoot 'em

soccer06
03-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by shop172A4DADB:
stop complaining just use a gun and shoot 'em

That is what I have been doing. Anytime one of my targets starts running on a roof, I use the hidden gun to kill them.

I had this one match where I killed this roof runner 3 or 4 times. After that, he started to play on the ground.

Camilitus
04-01-2011, 06:58 AM
For those still wondering.....

Newb/Newbie- Someone who is clearly new to the game.

Noob- Someone who does something stupid, probably because they are new to the game. Or they are just stupid.

COD MW2 'noobtubes aka grenade launchers- called noob tubes because they were used by griefers (people who play to annoy others), but calling them griefers would cheer them up- so therefore -'noobtube'.

Viezen
04-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I luv roof runners. U can.it's all about choosing the right ability combination and use them at the rightspot...

What? U can't get closer? Kill a NPC forcing the system to give u a new target.

Meleth1977
04-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I haven't played the MP yet, connection issues... But reading this thread doesn't exactly make me want to play MP anytime soon. I'm no newbie to gaming but I've never played MP before, don't really feel like it either. This thread pretty much confirms every predjudice I've had about it...