PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 1946 net problem

samo8krapez
03-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone!

Yesterday me and my friend tried to play 1946 on UBI.com. We went to multiplayer lobbies and selected "IL2: FB ACE - Dogfight" lobby. I hosted the server since there was only one server active and that one was 4.04m. I wanted to host 4.08m but UBI created 4.04m...why? I have the old version still installed, but that should not be a problem, right? However when I hosted the game as a direct IP my friend joined and we played 4.08m with no problem.
Here is another problem to this event. When my friend tried to join anyother server, he couldn`t saying: FB dogfight net not installed? Is there no one who plays 4.08m on UBI.com?

Anyone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

PS.:Is hyperlobby better then UBI?

samo8krapez
03-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone!

Yesterday me and my friend tried to play 1946 on UBI.com. We went to multiplayer lobbies and selected "IL2: FB ACE - Dogfight" lobby. I hosted the server since there was only one server active and that one was 4.04m. I wanted to host 4.08m but UBI created 4.04m...why? I have the old version still installed, but that should not be a problem, right? However when I hosted the game as a direct IP my friend joined and we played 4.08m with no problem.
Here is another problem to this event. When my friend tried to join anyother server, he couldn`t saying: FB dogfight net not installed? Is there no one who plays 4.08m on UBI.com?

Anyone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

PS.:Is hyperlobby better then UBI?

Rudel1965
03-06-2008, 02:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samo8krapez:
Hi everyone!

PS.:Is hyperlobby better then UBI? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.Almost everyone uses Hyperlobby to fly 4.08.
Usually you will see over 1000 people a night on there.You can also use all seeing eye,or even xfire,but Hyperlobby is the standard way for most.

Troll2k
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
As I recall there was an error in the Ace install.It required a rename of 2 registry keys.

It has been a long time.I think it was df to dogfight and coop to cooperative.I think there was a thread in the tech support knowledge base about it.

However the best bet is to use HyperLobby.