PDA

View Full Version : Funny/Annoying thing in the campaign...

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 09:13 AM
My flight's leader was shot down before our formation split up, so being 2 of 4, everyone starts following me.

BUT - I still can't give radio orders! I ended up shooting down 2 109s and a 110 with two wingmen sticking on my tail, refusing to break formation because I hadn't told them to!

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 09:13 AM
My flight's leader was shot down before our formation split up, so being 2 of 4, everyone starts following me.

BUT - I still can't give radio orders! I ended up shooting down 2 109s and a 110 with two wingmen sticking on my tail, refusing to break formation because I hadn't told them to!

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 03:17 PM
they dont even if you tell them too lol

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 08:15 PM
If I remember right, in EAW, the inheritance of command on down the chain was automatic. If your leader got whacked, you would get full command if you were number two. Sadly, this feature is missing from FB.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Another annoying thing: if you are the commander, they still do the thingds the way they want.
If they are attaking an enemy that you want to evoid,and you order them to go back, they will go to the enemy(usualy fighters) and turn back, but they are extremely carefull to make sure tyhey are folowed by the enemy and get shot down!
When they dee enemies, they will atack head-on, (even if you try to get higher and dive in thier six), so they leave you uncovered , very annoying especialy in 109s campaigns.

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.hobby.ro/roarmy/aviatia/greceanu%20tudor/1.jpg
A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>