PDA

View Full Version : Logitech wheel and joystick

tskoda
03-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Hi. I have IL 2 Sturmovik 1946 and Windows Vista 32. My problem is that i wont to use both devices for flying control. Joystick and wheel (its pedals for rudder control). But game doesnt set or recognise pedals as two each one on their own axis. So i can only use one of them which is not acceptable. Anyone else with that kind of troubles? Im realy disapointed because i cant set my controls properly which makes my IL2 sim unusefule. Any answer is welcome.
Tomasek

thefruitbat
03-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Unfortunatley, i can't be of to much help, other to say that the system you want to use, i used to use with no problems, before i got ch pedals, but this was under windows xp.

I did have to go into the control panel and set the pedals to combined single access though in game controllers, properties., and had to use a utility like il2sticks if i wanted to change the curve settings, as the in game menu wouldn't show up the pedal, yet you could select them in the hotas section.

cheers fruitbat

Stiletto-
03-01-2008, 11:04 PM
I as well am using WinXP, not Vista.. But I don't see why that would make a difference.. I myself use a Logitech G25 set of pedals for rudder and an X52 for the rest of the flight controls.. All you have to do is got to assign controls, and go down to the hotas list on the bottom, if you are trying to set the controls under the main input tab where it has the 3 axis's, it will not work here. You simply scroll down the map controls list to the bottom, click on rudder, and then press your pedals and it will asign them to joystick 1 axis x or whatever.. then click on pitch and move your joystick back and forth and it will say joystick 2 axis y or something to this effect, and so on. Two controllers should work, be sure. Unless in Vista's control panel it isn't recognizing properly there. Also be sure to switch the pedals to single axis mode instead of dual used for driving games or your rudders wont work right.

tskoda
03-02-2008, 03:08 AM
O.K. Thank you i have resolved problem. I just needed to push few times both pedals and somehove it detect both of them.