PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Player Hater?



LuckyBoy1
04-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Before I even begin on this one I want to request that the mods shut this thread down if even half a hint comes along that it may be getting out of hand. My intent here is to truly learn and I'm not trying to cause trouble in any way.

Ok, this term "player hater" has come up recently. Someone called me a "player hater" and I asked the guy to explain what a "player hater" is and he would not give me a definition, but only implied that I should already know... ok, well, I'm not all that internet hip I guess because quite honestly, I don't know. Now we got some cat posting over in Community Help calling Coastie a "player hater". Seeings how this term keeps coming up, I surely would like to know what in the wide world of sports it means so I can post better and possible avoid offending someone.

Bamatt
04-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Dont hate the player, hate the game.


Lol, its not internet related at all. The term is usually used to describe someone who is really good with the ladies. But, it can also be used any many other ways, like to describe someone who is pretty good at anything in general. I imagine that you said something to someone who shot you down, and he called you a player hater?

F0_Dark_P
04-29-2005, 09:33 AM
??, was that guy the only one you hear it from?
couse i newer heard it before,

I think he made it up for him self, that guy is just a pompous *** who wanted to play importent for a while, i just hate stuck-up people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

"Player hater" dont exist

look here: http://susning.nu/

ps the site is in swedish

TAGERT.
04-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LuckyBoy1:
Before I even begin on this one I want to request that the mods shut this thread down if even half a hint comes along that it may be getting out of hand. My intent here is to truly learn and I'm not trying to cause trouble in any way.

Ok, this term "player hater" has come up recently. Someone called me a "player hater" and I asked the guy to explain what a "player hater" is and he would not give me a definition, but only implied that I should already know... ok, well, I'm not all that internet hip I guess because quite honestly, I don't know. Now we got some cat posting over in Community Help calling Coastie a "player hater". Seeings how this term keeps coming up, I surely would like to know what in the wide world of sports it means so I can post better and possible avoid offending someone. Dont ace hate

CAPT_COTTON
04-29-2005, 09:55 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

If we became player hater s we would have no real players to shoot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Just a thought http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Owlsphone
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm embarrassed that I even know this but...

A "player" aka "playa" would be a guy who is good with the ladies, usually not committed to anyone, but plays the field...hence the name player.

A "player hater" would be a guy who is bitter because the player gets all the girls.

A common response from the player towards the player hater would be, as Bamatt said, "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

Basically, when used in context to the other thread, calling you a player hater just made him sound dumber.

[End white guy rant on urban vocabulary]

BSS_Goat
04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Owlsphone:
I'm embarrassed that I even know this but...[QUOTE]

I'm embarrassed that I even know someone that knows this...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Monty_Thrud
04-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Ther be alot 'o strange folk on this 'ere t'internet thinga-me-bob...be sure...jus' tell'em to 'ave a nice day...and y'all come back again now ..ya hear! ..that'll show 'em http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Worf101
04-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Owlsphone:
I'm embarrassed that I even know this but...

A "player" aka "playa" would be a guy who is good with the ladies, usually not committed to anyone, but plays the field...hence the name player.

A "player hater" would be a guy who is bitter because the player gets all the girls.

A common response from the player towards the player hater would be, as Bamatt said, "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

Basically, when used in context to the other thread, calling you a player hater just made him sound dumber.

[End white guy rant on urban vocabulary]
You got it right... for the most part. I can also be used to descibe any envious person. The hatin' isn't always about women, it could be about wealth, status, cars, systems... anything.

Da "now aren't you glad you asked?" Worfster

LStarosta
04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Yep, player hater is someone who is jealous of someone else.

The aviation world has its own variant, the Ace Hater. Many of these people try to bring me down because I am an Ace. The most important thing to do in this situation is to accept all insults as complements in disguise. The insultee actually envies my piloting skills (therefore also my lady-skills, beach volleyball skills, flexing while checking my watch skills, foreign relation skills etc etc). Whenever an Ace Hater calls me a cheater, or a n00b or any other degrading insult, I keep my chest high and thank him for making my day. It's really flattering.

Monty_Thrud
04-29-2005, 01:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifDUDE!...hate to break this to you...UM!...but he's talking about online ...not offline/single player...and i wouldn't let people know you talk to the AI...mm-Kay! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LuckyBoy1
04-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Hhhhhmmm, so far, from what people are saying, this is one of those younger type persons phrases that is being used incorrectly, so I should just disregard the comment... ok, I'm good at that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

steve_v
04-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LuckyBoy1:
Hhhhhmmm, so far, from what people are saying, this is one of those younger type persons phrases that is being used incorrectly, so I should just disregard the comment... ok, I'm good at that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif Spoken like a true parent. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Jumoschwanz
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I lived in Detroit in the late nineties, and at that time in that town the Player Haters were the chicks in bars that would not give a guy who was obviously a Player, any attention. They knew the guy was just out to get in their pants and they were looking for something more.

The song went:

"Player Haters in the house,

if you see them point them out"

S!

Jumoschwanz

NorrisMcWhirter
04-29-2005, 06:34 PM
That sounds like my old workmate, Poshwank Pete.

Norris

-HH-Quazi
04-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Well LB, after re-reading that thread, it seems the guy called Coastie a player hater because he Coastie told him a the card he is running is not capable of running totally maxed out in all settings, including the conf settings. Actually Coastie said that at this time no card is capable of running this way in Perfect Landscape and keep decent fr's. Now I really don't know how the term "player hater" can be derived from that. I thought the m8 was trolling, wanting to start a flame about "my card is better than your card" deal. It didn't go in that direction and I am glad. There is some good information relayed in that thread.