PDA

View Full Version : Question about Joy to Key (plus short intr)

Lodewijk23
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time. There is a lot of information to be found, brilliant! I bought Il2:1946 1,5 year ago. I think it's a brilliant simulator. However, at first I had to get used to it. It wan't easy and somehow the viewing/panning was something I had some trouble with. I even let it go for some time. But on this forum I read something about a program called 'Joy to Key'. Thanks a lot! This brought me back with even more enthousiasm! Recently I bought the 'fires from above'and 'wings over jungles' campaign from pluswave. A really nice way to get yourself in a immersive/realistic/believable singleplayer. I'm enjoying it.

Now one question about 'Joy to Key'. How do you save your profiles? I can save it but the next time I start my computer I see no changes. There is however a wordpad with the name of my profile (with zeros behind every line). Should I do something with it? I use it only to program my panning and zooming.

Any answer would be great! Thanks!

Wiwa

Woke_Up_Dead
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Joy to Key is great, I use it too. I don't remember having to ever save my profiles though. All I do is assign the keys I want, close the utility, and it saves automatically. I think I used to lose profiles whenever the computer would freeze and I would have to crl-alt-delete it, so I'm guessing that Joy to Key should save automatically whenever you close it properly.

Waldo.Pepper
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I think this smells of Vista.

Lodewijk23
03-26-2009, 02:25 AM
Might smell like Vista but it ain't. Just Xp here...

Hmm strange, I have to configure everytime I want to fly (startup my computer). Maybe I didn't install it correctly?

I consider this to be a small inconvienience. I would love to have it fixed though. Thanks for the reply's. If there's anyone with a solution, I'dd love to here it!

Wiwa

Sokol__1
03-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Lodewijk23

I test with JoytoKey 3.7.9 under WinXp and dont have problems.

See in JoytoKey.ini if your profile is selected in Filename.

[DirectInput]
AnalogDeadZone=1000
AnalogSaturation=10000
[LastStatus]
AllowMultipleRunning=0
StartIconified=0
WindowPositionTop=126
WindowPositionLeft=178
ListColumnWidthButton=195
ListColumnWidthKeyboard=200
ListColumnWidthAuto=42
FileName=FileName=IL2 Sturmovik<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

BTW - Wy dont use NewView instead? Is more flexible.

Sokol1

Waldo.Pepper
03-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I used to use j2k for brakes on some analog pedals, and I have never seen this behavior before. So that is why I thought it was write protection issue with Vista.

What is the directory path where you installed it? Another suggestion would be to re-download another copy and try the other copy.
Or else you could install the copy you have in a different directory. A short directory path C:\j2k for example.

Maybe reinstall it. Don't just copy the existing install to whatever new location you decide upon. Curious.

Lodewijk23
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey guys!

I (you) solved the problem! I did two things.

1. I copied the install to my desktop.
2. I checked the ini file and filled in the name of my profile ((before that teher was the default profile):

[DirectInput]
AnalogDeadZone=1000
AnalogSaturation=10000
[LastStatus]
AllowMultipleRunning=0
StartIconified=0
WindowPositionTop=126
WindowPositionLeft=178
ListColumnWidthButton=195
ListColumnWidthKeyboard=200
ListColumnWidthAuto=42
FileName=FileName=Il 2 1946<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I guess it was the latter which was most important. Strange that it isn't mentioned anywere else. But it was mentioned here, thanks!

Really thanks for your efforts.

Wiwa