PDA

View Full Version : Will Revelations be using the Online Pass System?

BTHRZero
08-14-2011, 03:07 AM
as title states will the game have an online pass?

Dralight
08-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Don't think so, Brotherhood doesn't require an online pass to play so i doubt Revelations will either. I could be wrong however, but nothing's been mentioned about an online pass as of yet.

davo1270
08-14-2011, 03:57 AM
yes it will, from now on all major ubisoft games with multiplayer will, they are fallowing EA's footsteps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Dralight
08-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by davo1270:
yes it will, from now on all major ubisoft games with multiplayer will, they are fallowing EA's footsteps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Oh right, guess i must have missed that haha, my bad.

BTHRZero
08-14-2011, 04:22 AM
I hate Online Passes =/ this is going to make me re-think my pre-order for the animus edition from the ubisoft store now.

reini03
08-14-2011, 04:33 AM
We discussed the Uplay pass here earlier and I think someone said that they wouldn't use it for AC Revelations. Can't confirm anything though.

thedeadman_47
08-14-2011, 06:52 PM
it's very likely they will as most game developers are starting to use it to prevent or decrease renting and secound hand selling so some prevent multiplayer and some prevent in-game content(singler-player)and some provide more content through free dlc and some do all or two out of three

donngold
08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
As much as i hate online passes i understand why theyre being used http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

PrAyLuDe1
08-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Doesn't bother me, because I'll have a brand new copy.

SpitfireSpud
08-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by BTHRZero:
I hate Online Passes =/ this is going to make me re-think my preorder for the animus edition from the ubisoft store now.

why? the online pass is only really aimed at people who buy it pre-owned, the same with other games that has an Online Pass system...

Ureh
08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by halolma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTHRZero:
I hate Online Passes =/ this is going to make me re-think my preorder for the animus edition from the ubisoft store now.

why? the online pass is only really aimed at people who buy it pre-owned, the same with other games that has an Online Pass system... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe BTHRZero doesn't always buy all their games new? Sometimes people rather rent and buy pre-owned for a couple reasons. This alone would be enough for them to dislike the online system even if they aren't missing out on what it has to offer now (they'll miss out later if they continue buying preowned or renting other games).

SpitfireSpud
08-15-2011, 09:00 AM
my point was that he clearly stated he would not pre-order it... that means he is getting it brand new... NO?

Mr_Shade
08-15-2011, 09:24 AM
There is no official statements as to if ACR will carry the uPlay Passport.

Expect news closer to release, however if you are buying it new, which I hope most people will be, it should not affect you too much.

In the UK, trade in value of games with such passes, is only 3 or 5 lower than other games without them - and some have the same value - so you should not worry too much about losing trade in value.

If you want to wait and end up buying the game second hand, then you need to factor in the extra cost - should you want to play online.

However - like I say.. no official statement has been made, one way or the other..

Ureh
08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
@halolma:
I think his/her post can be interpreted in two ways: he/she already preordered it but might cancel it because they dislike online passes or he/she was thinking about preordering but might decide against it because they dislike online passes.

Either way, it sounds like they don't like online passes probably because the majority of the games they buy are preowned, therefore he/she is against the idea of withholding content just because a copy of the game is preowned or rented.

Your reply to their post seems to have only one meaning if I'm not mistaken: You assumed that they already preordered and you were trying to persuade them not to re-think/cancel it. You assumed that since they preordered a new copy they shouldn't have to worry about the online pass system.

Then I replied after you and I explained that they might cancel their preorder simply because they're against the idea of online passes. Maybe I'm wrong and they hate the online pass system for another reason.

But that's how I see it anyway. Now, about your recent post:

Originally posted by halolma:
my point was that he clearly stated he would not pre-order it... that means he is getting it brand new... NO?

I'm assuming this is what you mean: BTHRZero clearly said he/she will NOT preorder ACR, so that automatically means he/she is getting a new copy.

I don't think they clearly said that they will not preorder. BTHRZero says they will re-think their preorder because of the possibility of an online pass system. Even if they choose not to preorder, it doesn't mean that they'll absolutely get ACR brand new on a later date (for all we know they might decide to get it used in protest to the online system).

My english is poor, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding both of you.

HIBEE12
08-15-2011, 06:00 PM
tbh, i don't mind as i've pre-ordered it. i can't see ubisoft using it now if they didnt for brotherhood (the time when lots of other games had the online pass) however they may do, nothng will be confirmed until its closer to november 15