PDA

View Full Version : Might & Magic Heroes VI Release Date Confirmed! [UPDATED]

kleaneasy
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM
As some of you are already aware there has been a change to the games scheduled release date.

I can confirm the release date is now 13th October 2011

Might & Magic Heroes Collector’s Edition (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/6411046419)

Nxss
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Welllll, that sucks! I never thought it would be that long til the release. I suppose it is back to Battlefield and Heroes 5 for the next few months. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

NachoAdept
03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
@ Nxss ---- You do have the Beta to look forward too assuming you pre-ordered. So it won't be as long as June. Think the happy thoughts.

R,
Nacho

DaventryGnome
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Any news on whether the U.S. will be getting a physical collector's edition?

dchalfont
03-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Awesome. Like everyone else I want it sooner, but a polished bug free game is more important than anything else.

I'd rather wait for it to be perfect. at least it's not august or something. Often games get pushed back and pushed back. It's good to know it's far enough to be polished but not so far it's depressing.

SilasBannook
03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
I ordered the Delux edition and was excited about getting the Beta key. I expected I would be able to join the on-line beta and play that until the game was released in June. Unfortunately, no beta key was issued with my order. Color me silly but am I off in thinking I should have gotten a beta key with that order? Would appreciate anyone giving me the clue I am missing. Customer Support told me the beta key is on pre-order status along with the game. I am hoping that means I will still get it soon but I am fearful that is not the case. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

-------------------------------------

Caught in other posts that the beta key will of value sometime before game release at a date ubisoft hasn't announced yet. Poor marketing. They should have posted that in the invoice and mentioned it to their customer support team who I suspect is getting lots of questions about it.

Still hopefully we will get to play sometime soon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

DaNumbah10
03-19-2011, 12:26 AM
yay!!! now I can play a whole week before my gf comes back from her 6month study in Spain!!!

ah well...better late then never eh?!

harrygoodworth
03-19-2011, 01:53 AM
I don't suppose there is a date for us in Australia? Or do we go by one of the already mentioned times?

Cheers

dchalfont
03-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by harrygoodworth:
I don't suppose there is a date for us in Australia? Or do we go by one of the already mentioned times?

Cheers

Official release dates are usually after the U.S for us, but because we are ahead of the U.S in timezones, we usually get the game 1 or 2 days before. Just don't buy from steam, they'll have you waiting 5 days to unlock the game even though retail stores are already selling it :S

Kartabon
03-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Finally we got the release dates! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It's a nice time to release it btw, the time by which I will have finished my exams :P Thanks kleaneasy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And for the people asking themselves about the beta keys, they will prolly send them when the beta will start http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Don't worry guys :P

bullseye105
03-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Yeap we got release dates but why u not finish this game before u wont release this ?
On this time this game have only beta progres for me, 4 castle, 4 resource, long time i think it was joking but its true :/
In Heroes III u have much more, like 9 caste and 7 resource, u made game for children or ony for people who likes graphic ?
Go to hell where is yours place if u wont sell game like this and u say u wont make continuation HOMM III.

Nxss
03-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by NachoAdept:
@ Nxss ---- You do have the Beta to look forward too assuming you pre-ordered. So it won't be as long as June. Think the happy thoughts.

R,
Nacho

Oh, I pre-ordered two of them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif However, I am old and I have no patience!

SJoval
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM
So all this time waiting for spring and the release date is the first day of summer. Cruel.

CosminDTS2
03-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Aw man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and i was getting my hopes up for May,Oh well,i will be waiting then.We still love you Ubi <3

argifontes
03-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Finally we have a date to look forward to thanks ubi.

Nalafein
03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Getting dates is usually worse for the mind, becuase then you start counting days and nights.. :P

Any news concerning the "beta"?

ZombiePenguin15
03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Awesome can't wait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif when will it be coming to Australia??? <3 <3 <3

echo758
03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
On amazon they have it scheduled to come out on may 10. Is that just a type-o or what

Nalafein
03-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by echo758:
On amazon they have it scheduled to come out on may 10. Is that just a type-o or what

Previously before they changed some dates around, may 11th was the date on steam for the beta. last time i checked it says 27th. Hopefully sooner, but i dont expect it.

Augustiel
04-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Will the collector's edition be available in asia? Specifically Singapore.

EBugle
04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
There's no option for pre-ordering and getting a box? This is incredibly distressing as I like collecting game boxes far more than I like pre-order in-game exclusive items (which I probably won't use on principle).

So no collector's edition for me, and no box for me. Sigh...

markobrien
04-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Well this sucks balls. I electronically pre ordered under the promise of a March release. Big mistake. Last mistake I will make here. I feel lied to already.

znork
04-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by markobrien:
Well this sucks balls. I electronically pre ordered under the promise of a March release. Big mistake. Last mistake I will make here. I feel lied to already.

Who promised this? And games a are regluary delayed. h5 was deleyed even after the offical date was confirmed.

But june is the first promised realse date. Erwan said in septmber last year they where aiming for 1 q 2011. then it was moved to spring 2011. And june has been chosen.

sanctuary.gr
04-15-2011, 11:33 PM
i am sorry to as this again but will heroes 6 come at june.
i went to a store yesterday and asked them when they will bring it.
they told me at september and that this is the day it will come out.
the man was not looking trustworthy since he did not even check his pc yet he made me wonder.
he was working for public stores.

Dark-Whisperer
04-20-2011, 04:43 AM
Might and magic : Heroes VI's release date got pushed down to the 8th september.

http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/f...241070229#2241070229 (http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7501009903/m/7881072778?r=2241070229#2241070229)

translation:

Hello all,

Sad news for the fans today: the release of the game is postponed to September 8 this year.

We want more time to the development team to complete the game
If you were expecting a good game, you'll have a very good game
If you are expecting a very good game, you'll have an excellent game
If you are expecting a great game, you'll have a masterpiece.

znork
04-20-2011, 04:48 AM
That is indded grate news. this will make the game so muche bether. You all should be exstreamly happy.

decebalusu
04-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Ok, I dont see a good news here, but a long term for fans. Its not my job to give a release date, then change it for 2 more month just for the sake of pre-orders and more cash.
Its just a manipulation of loads of fans and their joy for the franchise.
Now, ubi should clean this calculated sin, with a BETA release today!

Nxss
04-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Well this certainly sucks! Was expecting the beta today and instead, we get a delay of about two months! lol! I am not sure if I want to laugh or cry. I'm thinking the latter though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

kleaneasy
04-20-2011, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by decebalusu:
Ok, I dont see a good news here, but a long term for fans. Its not my job to give a release date, then change it for 2 more month just for the sake of pre-orders and more cash.
Its just a manipulation of loads of fans and their joy for the franchise.
Now, ubi should clean this calculated sin, with a BETA release today!

I’m sorry you feel this way but can assure you any decision to postpone the release will not have been taken lightly, and it most certainly will not have been for the financial reasons you propose. The new release period will give the development team the opportunity to refine the game as a result of the beta and will ultimately be to everyone’s benefit.

znork
04-20-2011, 06:12 AM
So why is this grate news? many of you ask. Ms made som grate points, and there are more.

Noramly published push for the game to be realsed to soon. wiche leades to half fhinished buggy games. Withe this dealy they have but qualtey of heroes top and center.

Withe the debate about towns screens and town windows they have time to work on it.

There will be time to have a real beta, where the beta testers feedback can be incorperated in to the game.

So all inn all this is the best news i have heard since the the news of heros 6 beeing made.

Ewigan
04-20-2011, 06:16 AM
ok, i do not like the release date being pushed back, but i get why. and the main reason, as i get it, is: real effect of the beta.

so my question is naturally: when will we get the beta?

skrym3
04-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by znork:
So why is this grate news? many of you ask. Ms made som grate points, and there are more.

Noramly published push for the game to be realsed to soon. wiche leades to half fhinished buggy games. Withe this dealy they have but qualtey of heroes top and center.

Withe the debate about towns screens and town windows they have time to work on it.

There will be time to have a real beta, where the beta testers feedback can be incorperated in to the game.

So all inn all this is the best news i have heard since the the news of heros 6 beeing made.

You won't get in the beta, you will get into the demo. They aren't inviting you to beta test they baited us and are only going to let us play RC1. Which is bull****. That's not beta testing that's testing a ****en demo. We'll get our invites 1 month before release when the game is basically finished.

znork
04-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by skrym3:
You won't get in the beta, you will get into the demo. They aren't inviting you to beta test they baited us and are only going to let us play RC1. Which is bull****. That's not beta testing that's testing a ****en demo. We'll get our invites 1 month before release when the game is basically finished.

But becuse of this dealay i hope the players who pre ordered the game can be part of a real beta. Wich i think is good.

skrym3
04-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by skrym3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:

You won't get in the beta, you will get into the demo. They aren't inviting you to beta test they baited us and are only going to let us play RC1. Which is bull****. That's not beta testing that's testing a ****en demo. We'll get our invites 1 month before release when the game is basically finished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

White knite fan boys are annoying. Accept the facts. They money ****ed us.

Ewigan
04-20-2011, 06:48 AM
as long as no official says something about the beta, both arguments are valid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shiroyasha_Ivor
04-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I agree that the delay is a good thing but i still crave the beta. Also Znork do you mind editting with correct spelling please. Thanks.

6 is my lucky number make it good guys !!!

Tomego
04-20-2011, 07:31 AM
So we won't get into a beta? WTF? That is the only reason I preordered. Sounds like a switch and bait on me. That is illegal.

Dreamwright
04-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Yes you will get into the beta if you preordered.

Destruction3402
04-20-2011, 08:35 AM
I must admit I feel a bit cheated about the beta release-date (I was told beta would start today April 20th).

I hope they have really good reasons for pushing the release date to September.

Vashandra
04-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Okay, so now they have pushed release back to September. Delaying games is the new practice in the market now, everyone is doing it. This doesn't bother me so much as it better be worth it when they do release it. There are a few games, wont cite examples right now, that were delayed and still were total bugged up wastes.

My biggest grief is that they announce a collectors edition, that is not available to everyone. If you are going to glamorize a product across your WHOLE community/fan base, kindly make it available to same customer base. Americans and several other countries can't even order it. I know i got excited when I saw the photos and the video for it which swiftly changed to anger when I realized its not available in the states. What kind of marketing ploy is this? I hate teasers!!

znork
04-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Destruction3402:
I must admit I feel a bit cheated about the beta release-date (I was told beta would start today April 20th).

A more polished game. Is that not the best reason on can have?

Ro.Floro
04-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Good job...I really needed this. Thank you very much, Ubisoft. Serious.

kuato27
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm all for releasing games when they're ready and pushing back a release date for these reasons is fine. I'll be thrilled to play the game when it is released.

However, baiting people into pre-ordering and paying for the game with an earlier promised date is doing a great disservice to your loyal fans. If your release date is not rock solid, you shouldn't be promoting the pre-order to try and get us to pay early.

Vashandra
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
A more polished game would be excellent, their marketing practices leave little to be desired at this point though.

Dark-Whisperer
04-20-2011, 11:49 AM
For me thats best possible news I could think of, with exception of full screen town screens.
Only thing that bothers me is drought of news for next 6 months if current trend continues. With this kind of public relations policy we will be bored to death in months to come.

r0cksteadyw00t
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
It sucks but if your taking the extra time PLEASE make sure multiplayer co-op works properly. Its the only reason I will be buying the game and we used to get so sick of the memory leaks in the larger maps. Make sure the appropriate load bearing has been done.
Looking forward to it guys.

player790
04-20-2011, 05:43 PM
I appreciate that ubi is trying to perfect the game (along with other marketing strategies blah blah of course ;p)..but honestly..i think it's pretty dumb to postpone the release date to September. Many players are students, and in many parts of the world (US, Canada, China etc), students have their summer vacation from June to Sept.

Naleyth
04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Hello,

I would like to express some of the concerns me and my friends have regarding the recent postponement of the release date.

While it is not uncommon (and in fact often systematic) for most games to have their final release date pushed back, sometimes even a couple of times, we feel that it is very different when pre-ordering is involved.
Pre-ordering was made available a little over one month ago, with an expected release for summer 2011. However, one of the biggest incentives for pre-ordering (or so we feel) was the possibility to play in the upcoming closed beta. In fact, the beta had been described as coming "really soon" from the official website. This led us to believe that in pre-purchasing, we would be able to play the game within a couple months (at most, and depending on how you want to interpret 'really soon'...).

What particularly strikes us as unacceptable is that the release date was pushed back so much (about 3 months), and so close to the announcement of the initial release date, and the beginning of pre-ordering. Are we truly expected to believe that 1 month ago when pre-ordering was made available, Ubisoft had NO idea that they were going to push back the release date an entire 3 months? I am no game designer, but it seems very suspicious to announce a product available for pre-ordering, and only a couple weeks later announce that 3 entire months are actually needed... In short, we feel that Ubisoft has purposefully decided to announce an early release date, with a false promise of a beta coming "really soon", just to get a cash flow in through undeserved pre-orders.

This holds true if the beta is also pushed back 3 months. It would mean that the entire game was not ready, and it was fraudulent of Ubisoft to allow pre-purchasing under false incentives. If however the beta is ready to come out soon, and the decision to push back the final release date stems from a desire for a real constructive and balancing beta, then these actions would be understandable.

Thus the question: is the beta also pushed back 3 months, and would it be possible to have at least a window of time for the expected opening of the beta?

Sincerely,
Me, my friends, and probably a good part of the Might and Magic community.

cloudsoverca
04-20-2011, 06:47 PM
A lot of gamers gripe about Blizzard's policy of not announcing a release date. The phrase "it will come out when it's ready" is widely known in our community. I have always hated this policy because I am never sure when to expect a game to come out. That is, until they do announce a release date and the game is released on that day. But I no longer hate this policy due to what has happened here. I don't care that I am not playing the beta right now (I'd like to, but since there was no official date I can't really complain), but I am genuinely upset that the game has now been delayed by an extra 3 months. How can they set a release date (relatively recently, I might add) and be off by 3 months? This is amateur, ubi.

A lot of the posts are in favor of a more polished game, as am I, but the game should be polished enough when RELEASING THE RELEASE DATE STATEMENT to actually be released when stated.

Don't get your hopes up for a September release either, I predict another push back. They are realistically shooting for the holiday season, guaranteed.

DirtyBishop
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
excellent, their marketing practices leave little to be desired at this point though.

There was not an official beta release date. If you can prove it, please show me someone official who has posted a definite day/month/year.

thepyro_13
04-21-2011, 01:38 AM
Buahaha.

Steam only just updated their release date to the correct June date. And now it's wrong again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

mcgslo
04-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Bahh ... I will play games like Battlefield 3, SW:Old republic and Heroes 6 and now they will probably be released on the same week...

....i am not very happy since i wanted to play this during smmer, but what can you do... better wait than release console-like-crap-of-the-game like any other games.

I hate BETAs since you get not finished product and it can fast gets boring to the stage where you just dont want that game when its released...

...see you in August then i have to unhype myself from Heroes 6 ...

~McG

Vashandra
04-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by DirtyBishop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">excellent, their marketing practices leave little to be desired at this point though.

There was not an official beta release date. If you can prove it, please show me someone official who has posted a definite day/month/year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be mindful of exactly who you are quoting, I've made no comments about any beta release date. The collectors edition box set they are offering on the other hand..... is another matter entirely. Poor marketing to show off a product, that as of right now, is only available to a limited portion of Europe

XQuesath
04-21-2011, 05:45 AM
If they throw in a random map generator it might be worth the wait. If they simply pushed the date just to get what was allready announced (feature-wise) done, then it's lame all the way.

It is simply bad management. I bet that the devs or whoever works on the game, said that June is a "too early" date... and I bet that some (not so smart) manager "felt" that it can be done based on a "wet dream".... whatever happened, they should throw in some goodies for the pooor ppl that pre-ordered it... funny how they got screwd http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)))))))

I sooo miss 3do and nwc....

Jinny-chan
04-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by kuato27:

However, baiting people into pre-ordering and paying for the game with an earlier promised date is doing a great disservice to your loyal fans. If your release date is not rock solid, you shouldn't be promoting the pre-order to try and get us to pay early.

You preorder, they get money early - they can continue make game because now money is no longer problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Vashandra
04-21-2011, 06:04 AM
As far as pre-ordering, I have always been under the impression you don't actually get charged until the game ships, at least that is the policy every other place I have ever ordered from, perhaps Ubi is different

Cap292
04-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Ubi's policy is the same, they won't actually charge you until the game is shipped to you. I understand why people are upset that the release date was pushed back. However, there is no reason to use the fact that you pre orderd the game because they announced their would be a beta or that the release date would be earlier to complain.

Vashandra
04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Cap292:
Ubi's policy is the same, they won't actually charge you until the game is shipped to you. I understand why people are upset that the release date was pushed back. However, there is no reason to use the fact that you pre orderd the game because they announced their would be a beta or that the release date would be earlier to complain.

Totally agree with you Cap, I know I have at least 3+ games that I have had on pre-order for 2+ yrs now (Because they kept getting pushed back)

jcbryant1
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Freak... Are you sure this time? Seriously I have been feeding off of every nibble they have throne at me since I got wind of Heroes 6 early 2010. With the first release date already past and then the unofficial second one of may 10th then the 3rd one sometime in june. Come on quit playing games with our heads!!!! Just wait and see when August rolls around. "JUST CONFIRMED HEROES 6 WILL BE RELEASED SUMMER OF 2012"

jcbryant1
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Vashandra:
As far as pre-ordering, I have always been under the impression you don't actually get charged until the game ships, at least that is the policy every other place I have ever ordered from, perhaps Ubi is different

Steam already charged me for it!!

sanctuary.gr
04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
i start to believe that ubisoft fears that this heroes which has similarities with heroes 4 (heroes 4 had only a few units and this has in reality only three tiers),but also many new ones that there is a chance that funs might not like.
that is why,it is possible not sell as much as they hope so and leave consumers disappointed.
so they make as much effort as possible to reduce the risk and that is why game delayed again.
i will just stop looking heroes 6 cause i am tired.
i am afraid that it might be just as when i first played dragon ages origins (really good game)and then the expasion awaking (worst expansion ever).
i know it is another type of game and other companies but you get the point.

jcbryant1
04-21-2011, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Destruction3402:

A more polished game. Is that not the best reason on can have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is if it's true! This is bull crap Here we are aproximatly 2 months away from the day of the release date they should have had the game packaged and on the way to distributer's in 2 weeks. Oh wait never mind since it's only being released digitally they dont have to worry about sending a product to distributers my bad.

Ok, Ok, any other company that makes and distributes a retail product version would have to of had the game ready by now to send to warehouses for distribution.

Digital versions are such a rip off consumers get no physical merchandise whcich means that the company is banking on all the money they save in the cost of packaging and distribution and still charging the same amount for their product... and not to mention they can change the release date 2 months prior to the release date

Pitsu
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Dark-Whisperer:
With this kind of public relations policy we will be bored to death in months to come.

HVI: This game has been developed in close relationship with the game numerous fans. Particularly high impact have the fans had to to the necropolis faction.

PS. stay tuned to our great competition for finding an icon for zombie. Submit your passport picture today! If you are a <STRIKE>lackey</STRIKE> insider your picture may be selected for a zombie specializing hero! Participation is totally free for first 3 entries!

jcbryant1
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
As some of you are already aware there has been a change to the games scheduled release date.

I can confirm the release date is now 8th September 2011

Might & Magic Heroes Collector’s Edition (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/6411046419)

Haha haha your 17 days late for April fools! or is it celebrated on April 18th where your from? Or all month long perhaps? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

RottaranOwain
04-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by jcbryant1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Destruction3402:

A more polished game. Is that not the best reason on can have? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is if it's true! This is bull crap Here we are aproximatly 2 months away from the day of the release date they should have had the game packaged and on the way to distributer's in 2 weeks. Oh wait never mind since it's only being released digitally they dont have to worry about sending a product to distributers my bad.

Ok, Ok, any other company that makes and distributes a retail product version would have to of had the game ready by now to send to warehouses for distribution.

Digital versions are such a rip off consumers get no physical merchandise whcich means that the company is banking on all the money they save in the cost of packaging and distribution and still charging the same amount for their product... and not to mention they can change the release date 2 months prior to the release date </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's going to be on Steam no? Steam usually has amazing winter sales. If they match last years holiday sale, you can pick it up for $10. That's no rip-off in my books.

oldschoolchicke
04-22-2011, 10:10 AM

Somehow,given the length of time they pushed it back, it's more than just "polish". Most were expecting a beta, and instead it was delayed by 3 months. I'm betting some part of the game is either far from finished, or semi-broken and it's a race to get it fixed. Let's hope it's a good fix!

srendrag80
04-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I totaly agree I feel slighted by this since I have already been charged by steam for a game that I belived would release in june and the only reason I pre orderd was in the hopes of joining in on the beta. ubi whats up why no response at all at least throw us a freakin bone here so we know what the deal is.

znork
04-22-2011, 12:55 PM
First off all it easter so i would not expect anyting until after its over.

The cd(comunety developer) the person who is in charge withe contact between fans and the dev team just quit so we are waiting for a new person to take over.

Im shure ms kensay is working hard to get us som news.

belgarath21
04-22-2011, 03:27 PM
My deepest apologies to Alderbranch,

Since the thread I posted my comment on is now closed (for good reason). I wanted to sum it up here since I am genuinely interested in feedback.

I was disappointed by the delay in the release date, though I have not preordered and am not concerned about beta testing. I was also disappointed to hear about the digital-only release in the US. (I am typing this message from a public library computer since I don't typically have internet at home).

I trust that the addtional development time will result in a stellar product and I look forward to seeing it. I would however like to make a comment about the dangers of overthinking a game. I've seen several games over the years (Master of Orion 3 for example) in which the game was delayed for a long time and the end result was a mess. I care a great deal about the HOMM franchise in particular and the entire turn-based strategy genre in general. I think the maxim to not make the perfect the enemy of the good applies doubly in game development. (Just for the record, I am merely a game player and have no past or present professional involvement of any kind in the gaming industry).

My congratulations to Ubisoft and Black Hole for suceeding in perpetuating the great Might and Magic franchise.

shop2B2DDF2DF
04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by RottaranOwain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jcbryant1:

Digital versions are such a rip off consumers get no physical merchandise whcich means that the company is banking on all the money they save in the cost of packaging and distribution and still charging the same amount for their product... and not to mention they can change the release date 2 months prior to the release date </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's going to be on Steam no? Steam usually has amazing winter sales. If they match last years holiday sale, you can pick it up for $10. That's no rip-off in my books. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holiday sales are for games you buy digitally a year or longer after it has been released. I'm disapointed by the extra three months wait to get this product what makes you think I would want to wait for another year and a half or so for a sale.

Digital is still a bum deal for the consumer and a major money saver & maker for the company so long as they charge the same for both physical and digital products.

shop2B2DDF2DF
04-23-2011, 02:08 PM

The cd(comunety developer) the person who is in charge withe contact between fans and the dev team just quit so we are waiting for a new person to take over.

Im shure ms kensay is working hard to get us som news.

I can see why he would want to quit look at all the mess he has had to deal with and sooth over up until this point.

znork
04-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by shop2B2DDF2DF:
I can see why he would want to quit look at all the mess he has had to deal with and sooth over up until this point. she got a new and bether paying job.

Marzhin93
04-25-2011, 04:42 PM
she got a new and bether paying job.

Not true, Xhane left for personal reasons. The Might & Magic team will miss her.
Anyway, her replacement should arrive soonish, and communication will get better.

This.
As posted in the other topic we're working on an official statement that will hopefully clarify the reasons of the delay and when the Beta is coming.

znork
04-25-2011, 07:00 PM
well she was moving abroad as she said in the farwell post in the offtopic thread. So i only hope it would be a bether paying job. But you are correct marzhin we will miss her.

G-O-P-O
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok, so, there's some stuff I need to say after reading all of your posts so far. First thing: digital copies of the game are not ripoffs, some people such as myself don't really care about posters and boxes and actually, I pre-ordered on Steam just for that reason, because I do not want to own stuff that have no use, and for the obvious reason, which is the main argument for my first point in this post, it costs £25 less. Yes, to all of you who want a pretty box with a poster and all of the other stuff, the exact same game (Collector's Edition / Deluxe Edition) costs almost twice the money I paid for it, which is £35. So if you think you're being ripped off with digital content, think again. Oh, and by the way, a little thing to think about: If you're not at home but desperately want to play some MMH6 at your friend's place or wherever... what do you do? (Hint: You can't do that with the physical copy of the game, but with the digital one, just download Steam, log in, download the game and play.).

Ok, enough about that. Second order of business is the release date. Let me put the problem this way: If everybody started to walk naked on the streets, would that make it socially acceptable? What I mean to say is that we don't have to settle with postpones just because everybody is doing it. If you don't know for sure when your game is coming out, don't mention a release date just as Valve did with DotA 2, don't just get everybody's hopes up and then just say "Sorry, our bad.". Moreover, the reason seems a bit ridiculous to me "We want to ensure that the quality of the game will go beyond your expectations!". From my experience in the gaming industry, studios don't just add new major content to the game in the last 3 months of development. From where I stand, it just seems like the QA or Dev departments are facing some kind of problems which prevents them from meeting the deadline, it's not like the game is already finished but they wanna be extra sure there's nothing wrong with it, there are patches for that. Remember Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines? That game had a fatal bug in one level which prevented the player from advancing with the game but after a while the patch came out, they fixed the bug and VTMB is still one of the greatest games of all time. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that there are no bug free games, there are just games with bugs that the QA department didn't find so the whole "We want to make sure the game comes out perfect." stuff might look good on the site but I for one am really waiting for someone to clarify with the HOMM community the real reasons for the delay. And that would be number two on the list, here's number three:

I'm gonna make this short since I've written quite a lot so far, so here goes: Seriously? Only five factions? Even that piece of s#%t HOMM4 had six. I hope that after they release MMH6 they start working on some expansions because, and I believe I'm not the only one, I really miss Dungeon and Fortress.

Ok, so that's it, you can start flaming and trolling now.

jcbryant1
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EmbryoEx:
Ok, so, there's some stuff I need to say after reading all of your posts so far. First thing: digital copies of the game are not ripoffs, some people such as myself don't really care about posters and boxes and actually, I pre-ordered on Steam just for that reason, because I do not want to own stuff that have no use, and for the obvious reason, which is the main argument for my first point in this post, it costs £25 less. Yes, to all of you who want a pretty box with a poster and all of the other stuff, the exact same game (Collector's Edition / Deluxe Edition) costs almost twice the money I paid for it, which is £35. So if you think you're being ripped off with digital content, think again. Oh, and by the way, a little thing to think about: If you're not at home but desperately want to play some MMH6 at your friend's place or wherever... what do you do? (Hint: You can't do that with the physical copy of the game, but with the digital one, just download Steam, log in, download the game and play.[QUOTE]

I dont know where your getting your digital copies for cheaper than physical ones but it's not on steam. Maybe you get that option where ever your from but not in America we pay the same price for a digital copy as a physical one at least on steam. New digital games all cost the same as physical versions HoMM6, Crysis 2, Portal 2 DA2 etc etc.

This is where I have an issue not that I am being ripped of for not getting all the fancy posters and box. It is the plain fact that the company the (game producers) are making/saving tons of money off of digital users because they dont have to produce and distribute products for those users. Yet those users are getting the exact same in game content minus the additional physical features as the physical version. Do you have any idea how much money they are saving themselves by not making physical versions? You said you have experience in the gaming industry so I'll bet that you have an inkingling. But here are a few facts to consider.
1. physical products cost lots of money such as CD/DVD, manual, fancy posters and boxs, maps, comics, etc.
2. Distribution costs lots of money; such as warehouse storage and operating costs, vehicle fuel and maintainance, assembly line workers and maintainance, boxes to ship product, product labels, truck driver sallary, damaged product due to distribution

Who then is getting the profits of the 35%-60% mark-ups? Steam, the producer?

Who still has to pay the same price?

We do!

As for playing a game at a friends house and downloading steam to play it. Is your friends computer always going to be as cool as yours enough to play it? Maybe since great minds think alike right...but maybe not. Steam (digital) games are only as good as the computer that can play them. The same as physical copies.

G-O-P-O
05-03-2011, 05:46 AM
I had no idea that in the US the physical and digital versions cost the same, here it's just £34.99 for the digital and £59.99 for the physical, but... how do you know they cost the same, because from what I know they aren't going to release any physical versions in the US? From what I looked up on Google while writing this I can see that the download price for the normal edition is $49.99 and for the deluxe edition is $54.99 which would roughly be £30 and respectively £33 so you're basically paying for your deluxe edition almost £2 less then what I paid for it. After looking up all of this stuff I no longer agree with you because the digital version of the game basically appears the have the same price in the US and in Europe so your argument just became null, your only problem is that they don't retail physical version to the US, but if they would have, it would have been pricier, my guess around $40 more so it would seem that nobody is actually saving any money on boxes, shipping and all of the other stuff you just mentioned. I hope you get to read this because after I wrote all of this I realized that this is a huge addition to my previous argument.

Ok, that's that, but I still gotta say that I definitely don't agree with your last statement regarding the portability of the game. Those are just speculations, just as i could speculate the following thing: If the syntagm "Those who are alike stick together." is true, which most of the time it is, that would mean that your friends are more likely to be from the same social category as you are which means that they are likely to have, basically, almost the the same social environment that you do, which means that they are likely to have almost the same resources that you do, which means that they are very likely to have a computer that is pretty much as good as yours... but I wouldn't like to speculate.

PS: Great minds don't think alike, they complete each other.

shop2B2DDF2DF
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by EmbryoEx:
I had no idea that in the US the physical and digital versions cost the same, here it's just £34.99 for the digital and £59.99 for the physical, but... how do you know they cost the same, because from what I know they aren't going to release any physical versions in the US? From what I looked up on Google while writing this I can see that the download price for the normal edition is $49.99 and for the deluxe edition is $54.99 which would roughly be £30 and respectively £33 so you're basically paying for your deluxe edition almost £2 less then what I paid for it. After looking up all of this stuff I no longer agree with you because the digital version of the game basically appears the have the same price in the US and in Europe so your argument just became null, your only problem is that they don't retail physical version to the US, but if they would have, it would have been pricier, my guess around $40 more so it would seem that nobody is actually saving any money on boxes, shipping and all of the other stuff you just mentioned. I hope you get to read this because after I wrote all of this I realized that this is a huge addition to my previous argument.

Ok, that's that, but I still gotta say that I definitely don't agree with your last statement regarding the portability of the game. Those are just speculations, just as i could speculate the following thing: If the syntagm "Those who are alike stick together." is true, which most of the time it is, that would mean that your friends are more likely to be from the same social category as you are which means that they are likely to have, basically, almost the the same social environment that you do, which means that they are likely to have almost the same resources that you do, which means that they are very likely to have a computer that is pretty much as good as yours... but I wouldn't like to speculate.

PS: Great minds don't think alike, they complete each other.

First. Did you ever agree with me in the first place?
Second. Im not reffering to just Heroes of Might and Magic 6. Any new game released in the states digital or retail we pay the same price and it isnt right in my eyes because none of the savings get passed on to the consumer.
Third. I am glad that in your country someone sees the point of my argument and charges you less for a digital copy than for a physical copy. There you proved my point for me in your first line.

As for not releasing the HoMM6 in retail (physical) version in the US your 100% correct.

Which is another item that ticks me off. Ubisoft goes through all this effort advertising a collectors edition bundle and we cant even get it here in the states. We can't even get the option for a regular boxed retail edition. Some people just like the assurance of a physical copy. And the great feeling of not having to connect to the internet every time to play it.

You see what happened to Playstation Network afterall. With a retail version I dont have to worry about my personal information being stolen and I know I will always have access to the game. Thank goodness I never bought anything off of their site who knows if I would have gotten all of it back.

My argument didnt become null because you argued from a hypethetical standpoint that if they released it here in the US via retail then it would be pricier...by the looks of things they will not do that so we will never know will we? Your guess is $40 more which would place the retail version around $80-$90 I dont think so nobody would buy a game for that unless it has something really special inside like a collocters set or something. Arguably the price would be between $49.99 and $59.99 for a regular edition of the game thats is the standard price for a new PC game, most of the time the lessor (unless your company is Blizzard entertainment.) Which, my point being and the whole purpose of my argument is the same price that I pay for a digital version on Steam.

These days they make portable hard drives too that I could install a game on, then all I need is my CD/DVD to play at a friends house if I am a law abidding person that is, if not then I dont even need the CD.

P.S nice point on your end quote, I agree.

sling.
06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Somebody know how to get beta key if I make preorder in Steam?
Beta starts tomorrow and there is now any updates on this as I know.

karin003
06-27-2011, 09:01 AM
You will receive more information tomorrow. It's a whole lot of information about the beta on the main page.