PDA

View Full Version : How to sink a U.S. carrier



TwoTall2
02-07-2005, 03:16 AM
I am trying to find the best tactic to use to sink a U.S. carrier, like the Lexington.

Using Japanese aircraft 1941-43

TwoTall2
02-07-2005, 03:16 AM
I am trying to find the best tactic to use to sink a U.S. carrier, like the Lexington.

Using Japanese aircraft 1941-43

JG53Frankyboy
02-07-2005, 03:35 AM
you need as minimum bomb hits with a weight of 2000kg in total ore 6 Typ91 torpedos

Zneg1
02-07-2005, 03:37 AM
The ones I found effective are TOP DECK attacks only. COming in from the sides is almost ineffective but the deck is vulnerable. You have to dive almost vertically from high up and use the airbrake on the VAL to slow your speed down and roll and bank to aim. It would need several hits before you can see any CV 'listing'. Too bad we do not have yet the Kate or the Jill since they carry 800pound torpedoes.

TwoTall2
02-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Thanx Guys,

I will give it a bash tonight.....(no pun inteneded)

Tooz_69GIAP
02-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Guaranteed to kill a carrier of any class:

Skip bombing with the He-111H-6 armed with 2xSC2000 on 3-4 second delay.

Highest probablity of survival:

Attack from below 50m, and line up bow to stern, that way fewer AAA guns can be trained on you, so you have a higher chance of getting in there, and getting out.

TwoTall2
02-07-2005, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Using Japanese aircraft 1941-43 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The He-111H-6 would be great, but the japs never used 'em

VMF223_Smitty
02-07-2005, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TwoTall2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Using Japanese aircraft 1941-43 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The He-111H-6 would be great, but the japs never used 'em <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Who ?

Obi_Kwiet
02-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Here we go again... This is so stupid. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ijnpilot
02-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I found that the Coral Sea mission set to target carrier in the QMB is nigh impossible. I've run my flight of Vals with my mates on Ace, and 3 flights of Kates with torpedos on Ace. It took every single last bomb on the deck and torpedo to sink the carrier.

You think after 12 topedos the carrier would sink..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

SlickStick
02-07-2005, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
Guaranteed to kill a carrier of any class:

Skip bombing with the He-111H-6 armed with 2xSC2000 on 3-4 second delay.

Highest probablity of survival:

Attack from below 50m, and line up bow to stern, that way fewer AAA guns can be trained on you, so you have a higher chance of getting in there, and getting out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought that to skip bomb, you needed to use zero fuse or they just hit the water and sink?!?

Maybe this is something that has been corrected, but I've always used zero fuse to skip bomb since reading about it here, back in the day.

Tvrdi
02-07-2005, 10:34 AM
u cant do much in japanese planes...no torp plane...Val is early war dive bomber with small bombs....

Latico
02-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Skip bombing requires coming in low and fast. If you don't want to blow yourself out of the sky, you better use a delay on the bombs. I use a 1 sec delay on 1000 pounders and approach ships at nearly on the deck, release and pull up, just clearing the superstructures and mask. That's with the SBD.

Slick750
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
The who?....... the JAPS... Kinda like saying the U.S. instead of "United states of America"...or "the Brits" ....instead of british.

My boss is a Jap/// and when people ask "are you chineese" he replies ..."no I'm a jap."

You ****ing fluffers are pathetic.

J_Weaver
02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Time delay now works in skip bombing. I use a 3 or 4 sec delay. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
02-07-2005, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
Guaranteed to kill a carrier of any class:

Skip bombing with the He-111H-6 armed with 2xSC2000 on 3-4 second delay.

Highest probablity of survival:

Attack from below 50m, and line up bow to stern, that way fewer AAA guns can be trained on you, so you have a higher chance of getting in there, and getting out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought that to skip bomb, you needed to use zero fuse or they just hit the water and sink?!?

Maybe this is something that has been corrected, but I've always used zero fuse to skip bomb since reading about it here, back in the day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
They fixed that in 3.02 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I now use a 3 second delay to excellent effect.

SlickStick
02-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the 411.

Now, when I slightly miscalculate the timing, I won't get blown to bits by my own bombs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SKULLS_Exec01
02-07-2005, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
Thanks for the 411.

Now, when I slightly miscalculate the timing, I won't get blown to bits by my own bombs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN Brother!!! ~S~

Treetop64
02-07-2005, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick750:
The who?....... the JAPS... Kinda like saying the U.S. instead of "United states of America"...or "the Brits" ....instead of british. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't much care either way. However, why is OK to call the British "Brits", the Germans "Krauts", the Americans "Yanks", but it's not OK to call the Japanese "Japs"? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

fordfan25
02-07-2005, 04:41 PM
i think thay call it a double standerd.

Mjollnir111675
02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
It just makes me wonder what these oh so sensitive ppl do when they watch a tv show or read a book and the WORD comes up?
Do they turn off the tv's, drop the books and go rushing to their basements?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
The issue has become much more than a shortened version of a word.
Now the other versions which everybody knows, I could completely understand as they are not a shortened or abbreviated version they are just straight derogatory.
But the whole 3 letter issue needs to be relaxed!!!

HEY 1-C: PIMP OUR TOR******S!! All Nations, All Stations!!

STRIDER_EB
02-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Does the bomb delay work with dive bombing ships also? I've been using a delay of zero and have been nailing myself in the pullout.

SKULLS_Exec01
02-07-2005, 05:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treetop64:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick750:
The who?....... the JAPS... Kinda like saying the U.S. instead of "United states of America"...or "the Brits" ....instead of british. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't much care either way. However, why is OK to call the British "Brits", the Germans "Krauts", the Americans "Yanks", but it's not OK to call the Japanese "Japs"? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEP, I could not agree more - its taking this political correctness to the EXTRAME and one step to far! IMO I bet this gets locked soon...

JG53Frankyboy
02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STRIDER_EB:
Does the bomb delay work with dive bombing ships also? I've been using a delay of zero and have been nailing myself in the pullout. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sure, if you dive ore skipbomb, you can use delay till its max setting of 10sec at shippattacks

beepboop
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick750:
The who?....... the JAPS... Kinda like saying the U.S. instead of "United states of America"...or "the Brits" ....instead of british. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree with you more. No time for these politically correct *******es who are just looking for an excuse to be offended.

Yog_Shoggoth
02-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Saying 'jap' is offencive? The hell?
For game ballence issues alone they need an addon, a single corsair can down a jap corsair but there ain't much that can take one out for the Japs.

Siwarrior
02-07-2005, 09:04 PM
what is skip bombing?

SlickStick
02-07-2005, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Siwarrior:
what is skip bombing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a low-altitude bombing tactic used to "skip" the bombs across water or hard surfaces like runways towards targets.

To do this, set a delay on the bomb fuses in the Arming section, according to approximately how far you want to skip them, get some speed behind you, head towards your target and from low-altitude and almost level, you let the bombs go and they "skip" towards the target. Hopefully, hitting the target after the fuse has run out.

Siwarrior
02-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok thanks,
ill give it a go in a A-20

AFJ_Locust
02-08-2005, 12:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
Guaranteed to kill a carrier of any class:

Skip bombing with the He-111H-6 armed with 2xSC2000 on 3-4 second delay.

Highest probablity of survival:

Attack from below 50m, and line up bow to stern, that way fewer AAA guns can be trained on you, so you have a higher chance of getting in there, and getting out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought that to skip bomb, you needed to use zero fuse or they just hit the water and sink?!?

Maybe this is something that has been corrected, but I've always used zero fuse to skip bomb since reading about it here, back in the day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oleg made it so that you can now set a delay, It works well

VF51_Flatspin
02-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Siwarrior, make sure you're going faster than about 400 Kph or 220 KIAS, as close to the water as possible (I usually drop at around 50ft), and flying level for a few seconds before drop - gets it to skip properly.

And don't worry about setting the fuse so it will explode when it gets there: I've had a 10 second fuse (miskeyed it, wanted a 1 sec) and still sunk a ship.

Iwatapt
02-08-2005, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick750:
The who?....... the JAPS... Kinda like saying the U.S. instead of "United states of America"...or "the Brits" ....instead of british.

My boss is a Jap/// and when people ask "are you chineese" he replies ..."no I'm a jap."

You ****ing fluffers are pathetic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bless you child, how right you are.

That's the same kind of PC thinking that has the Siegfried Line with a TNT fuse down its neck, and the swastika a "Heaven Forbid" sight for many who can't even get into their heads that maybe it has more to it than nazi Germany.

VF51_Flatspin
02-08-2005, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iwatapt:
. . .the swastika a "Heaven Forbid" sight for many who can't even get into their heads that maybe it has more to it than nazi Germany. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yah, considering that it's an ancient symbol appearing in nearly all cultures, usually signifying well being. More or less a lucky charm.

Wasn't their an English Football Team that used to wear it prominently on their jerseys??

eddiemac0
02-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I thought that "Jap" didn't become derogatory until after the war, because Americans wouldn't buy "Jap" products. Ad campaigns use to make use of the phrase. They remained "the enemy" much longer than the Germans. When my dad was growing up playing war, they never fought "Nazis" like all of my friends and I used to--- they fought "Japs." Fighting communists was to close to home, what with the fear of nuclear war and all.

But if you want to sink a U.S. carrier, you'll have to take some tips from those who did it best: load up a bunch of late war zeroes with bombs and kamikaze the sucker; its the only way to get sure results... QMB isn't so good for that though... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

VF51_Flatspin
02-09-2005, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eddiemac0:
load up a bunch of late war zeroes with bombs and kamikaze the sucker <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they mostly used early war planes, but other than that the theory is sound. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pentallion
02-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, if you were using a BRIT plane to sink a carrier, oh, um, guess I offended the BRITS, nevermind.
Maybe if your pilot was a SWEDE, oops, ticked off the SWEDES, sorry.
What if it wasn't a US carrier? How about you try to sink an AUSSIE carrier. Oh dang! Now the AUSSIES are mad at me.
Maybe you should start off with some of these good FINN planes, like the ones with the blue good luck symbols on them. Oh, oh, I did it again, didn't I?
Well, I wouldn't suggest flying one of those P-11's the POLES flew cuz that thing, ummm, I'm really getting a lot of people irate aren't I?
Maybe the DANES would know, well, nevermind.
Come to think of it, maybe this isn't a question you should ask a YANK. I'm sure the JAPS would better know how their brave forefathers used to go about sinking YANK carriers.
If they aren't too touchy about the subject.

Atomic_Marten
02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Using Ki-115 or B5N2 with heavy bomb or torpedo loadout. But unfortunately other than D3A dive bomber, we do not have anything else flyable on Japanese side for decent bomb runs (when Betty comes flyable in future, then we are goin' to talk again about this bussiness http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

VMF223_Smitty
02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
All these comments about PC when I asked "The Who?" Actually I was referring to one of my favorite bands from the 70's.

I was under the impression from other posts that we weren't allowed to use the "J" word on the forum. Always edited and such.

If the times have changed, great. I won't have to watch my spelling and be in fear of offending anyone. You bunch of JewNaziJapAussieBritFinnRuskiePorchMonkeyChinkGrea ser*******YankFrogPollockHunkyCanuck's

If I missed anyone, sorry.

I met a little elf man once
Down where the lillies grow
I asked him why he was so short
For they are short you know.

He turned to me and with a grin
He looked me through and through
"I'm no more short for me", said he
"Then you are tall for you."


What's in a name ?

hold up the mirror to life the theatre shall you see/ and though to bury parents' strife no faerie shall ye meet/ for upon a misty ground walks Hamlet's father's ghost/ around they are quite cunning singing hey, nonny nonny/

Pith off or I shall taunt you a second time.

BSS_Goat
02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VMF223_Smitty:
If I missed anyone, sorry.


Think that about covers 'em, good job. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
02-09-2005, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STRIDER_EB:
Does the bomb delay work with dive bombing ships also? I've been using a delay of zero and have been nailing myself in the pullout. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Release your bomb sooner. I've read somewhere that German Stuka pilots released their bombs at about 600m (+/- 1800ft). This way, you have enough time to pull-up. engaging autopilot just after bombrelease also works wonders and will let you be able to see if the bombs actually hit by pushing F7/CTRL+F2/F2

Platypus_1.JaVA
02-09-2005, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:

I always thought that to skip bomb, you needed to use zero fuse or they just hit the water and sink?!?

Maybe this is something that has been corrected, but I've always used zero fuse to skip bomb since reading about it here, back in the day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, it is fixed. However, pulling up just before releasing the (zero delay) bombs will get you clear of the blast also. The bombs will still skip and explode but, you will be able to fly away. I was putting together a small tutorial for this, just before Oleg fixed it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VMF223_Smitty
02-09-2005, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSS_Goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VMF223_Smitty:
If I missed anyone, sorry.


Think that about covers 'em, good job. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Tailgator
02-09-2005, 06:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSS_Goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VMF223_Smitty:
If I missed anyone, sorry.


Think that about covers 'em, good job. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah he left us rednecks out

VF51_Flatspin
02-09-2005, 07:56 PM
What the heck is a "Hunky"?

Nevermind, I don't want to know.

Toasted_Toad
02-09-2005, 08:21 PM
G'day All,

Proud to be an Aussie!!!

This is not a putdown, it's who we are.

Go Mark Webber....

VMF223_Smitty
02-09-2005, 11:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF51_Flatspin:
What the heck is a "Hunky"?

Nevermind, I don't want to know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


You must be informed. Hunky = Hungarian

ImpStarDuece
02-10-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm an Aussie, woking with some Kiwi's, Brits, Scots, Yanks and Kanucks in Japan. None of us would EVER consider using the word to describe anyone in our country of residence. It would be offensive to our hosts, simple as that. While it may not provoke the same sort of reaction as, say, using particular words starting with 'n' around a bunch of African-Americans, it still has racial and negative implications.

Whats different about it from Aussie, Brit, Scot ect is the way the word is used. Its not shortend as a term of endearment, thats for sure. Its puerly contextual.No-one commonly uses the word 'Bosche' anymore to describe the Germans for precisely that reason.

Apart from that its pure laziness. Afterall, its a mere 5 more keystrokes to avoid the whole issue. I cringe ever so slightly if i see the word online. And that is the only place i ever see it. My library of WW2 non-fiction goes back a long way and even books written in the 1950's consistently use the word Japanese only shortening it when used in a DIRECT QUOTE.

Big deal if its PC or not, its still an offensive term to some people. To me it just shows a lack of empathy and a refusal to believe that some people ARE offended by it.


Oh, and IBTL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VMF223_Smitty
02-10-2005, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
I'm an Aussie, woking with some Kiwi's, Brits, Scots, Yanks and Kanucks in Japan. None of us would EVER consider using the word to describe anyone in our country of residence. It would be offensive to our hosts, simple as that. While it may not provoke the same sort of reaction as, say, using particular words starting with 'n' around a bunch of African-Americans, it still has racial and negative implications.

Whats different about it from Aussie, Brit, Scot ect is the way the word is used. Its not shortend as a term of endearment, thats for sure. Its puerly contextual.No-one commonly uses the word 'Bosche' anymore to describe the Germans for precisely that reason.

Apart from that its pure laziness. Afterall, its a mere 5 more keystrokes to avoid the whole issue. I cringe ever so slightly if i see the word online. And that is the only place i ever see it. My library of WW2 non-fiction goes back a long way and even books written in the 1950's consistently use the word Japanese only shortening it when used in a DIRECT QUOTE.

Big deal if its PC or not, its still an offensive term to some people. To me it just shows a lack of empathy and a refusal to believe that some people ARE offended by it.


Oh, and IBTL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks ImpStarDuece

I hope that you read between the lines on my comments. Unfortunately the ability to show empathy and believe that people could remotely be offended by the word "Jap" is sadly lacking to a high degree as shown by the posts.

I have several Japanese friends, polled them, and they all said they do not like the abbreviation of their nationality as a name, mainly because of the connotations and history.

PC is on one end of the spectrum and then you have it's opposite. Usually happens as a backlash to anything that goes to extreme.

Thanks for your well-balance and moderation.

Smitty

ku101-Shrike
02-10-2005, 08:28 AM
im English, not a Scot or a Brit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
just ask a Scot if hes British, he'll say no, im scottish, so why should the English be British? look for a flag in Scotland, you wont see a union jack anywhere.

besides, i have ancestry of kraut and sheepshagger (welsh) background. so nobody takes me seriously.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Pentallion
02-10-2005, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
I'm an Aussie, woking with some Kiwi's, Brits, Scots, Yanks and Kanucks in Japan. None of us would EVER consider using the word to describe anyone in our country of residence. It would be offensive to our hosts, simple as that. While it may not provoke the same sort of reaction as, say, using particular words starting with 'n' around a bunch of African-Americans, it still has racial and negative implications.

Whats different about it from Aussie, Brit, Scot ect is the way the word is used. Its not shortend as a term of endearment, thats for sure. Its puerly contextual.No-one commonly uses the word 'Bosche' anymore to describe the Germans for precisely that reason.

Apart from that its pure laziness. Afterall, its a mere 5 more keystrokes to avoid the whole issue. I cringe ever so slightly if i see the word online. And that is the only place i ever see it. My library of WW2 non-fiction goes back a long way and even books written in the 1950's consistently use the word Japanese only shortening it when used in a DIRECT QUOTE.

Big deal if its PC or not, its still an offensive term to some people. To me it just shows a lack of empathy and a refusal to believe that some people ARE offended by it.


Oh, and IBTL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, seems like an over reaction to me. Like a good comedian once said in reference to his wife, "If I say something and it could be a bad thing or a good thing, I meant the good thing."

I'm sure people can take offense where none was given, but that's a cultural miscommunication. Now that it has been cleared up that no offense is intended, it is RUDE to keep harping on it.

It is obviously clear that on this forum no offense is intended. Get over it.

VMF223_Smitty
02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
[QOUTE]It is obviously clear that on this forum no offense is intended. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is not always whether offense is intended or if it isn't intended.
I can tell someone "Your new baby is ugly", and qualify it by saying, "but its OK because all new babies are ugly."
That doesn't make it sting any less (for some).
I guess its more a matter of walking a mile in the other guys shoes.
It certainly gets old having to worry about whether you have "offended" or not. Some people don't really care.

As the old saw goes: You can please some of the people some of the time.... blah, blah, blah.

Capt._Tenneal
02-10-2005, 12:42 PM
How to sink a U.S. carrier(topic title)

Give it to the PF development team. It's sunk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (sorry couldn't resist)

jagdmailer
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
_How to sink a U.S. carrier_(topic title)

Give it to the PF development team. It's sunk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (sorry couldn't resist) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How to sink a U.S. carrier ?

Put Ilya in charge ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Jagd

EmKen
02-11-2005, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ku101-Shrike:
im English, not a Scot or a Brit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
just ask a Scot if hes British, he'll say no, im scottish, so why should the English be British? look for a flag in Scotland, you wont see a union jack anywhere.

Go to Govan, Brigton or anywhere near Ibrox in Glasgow when Rangers are playing and you'll see more Union flags than you'll see anywhere in the United Kingdom outside Northern Ireland!! National identity is a funny old thing, and casual use of terms can quite easily cause offence.

Emken

HotelBushranger
02-12-2005, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>besides, i have ancestry of kraut and sheepshagger (welsh) background. so nobody takes me seriously. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Baahahahaha!


But aren't sheepshaggers the Kiwis?

On a serious note though, its sad we've lost the ANZAC spirit with us Aussies and the Kiwis. Nowadays, all I see is Kiwi jokes. We're no longer one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif