PDA

View Full Version : screenshots?

xylem_1
12-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi; I wonder if someone could give me a hand here--

I have PF, stand-alone.

I can find no way to take screenshots. There is no folder to store them, and when I can find one on the clipboard (WinXP) it is in .clp format which nothing seems able to open.

In IL2 I was able to take screenshots, which were stored in .jpg, and use them for wallpaper. What happened to that function.

Will a screenshot function be added?

Is there some freeware utility that anyone knows about that will transfer screenshots to jpg and store them?

Thanks for your help.

xylem_1
12-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi; I wonder if someone could give me a hand here--

I have PF, stand-alone.

I can find no way to take screenshots. There is no folder to store them, and when I can find one on the clipboard (WinXP) it is in .clp format which nothing seems able to open.

In IL2 I was able to take screenshots, which were stored in .jpg, and use them for wallpaper. What happened to that function.

Will a screenshot function be added?

Is there some freeware utility that anyone knows about that will transfer screenshots to jpg and store them?

Thanks for your help.

xylem_1
12-04-2004, 08:50 AM
OK, I jsut discovered that I can open the last screenshot on the clipboard using Paint > edit > paste > save as jpg.

Now the questions becomes, why are screenshots not saved somewhere in PF? As you know the clipboard (now clipbook?) only saves the latest shot and deletes each previous one. How can this be overcome?

Thanks again....

Tater-SW-
12-04-2004, 08:51 AM
You use the "Print Screen" key, and it places them in the root PF folder with the name "grab000X.tga" where X is the serial number (0, 1, 2, etc). You can open them with anything that opens TGA files.

tater

Tater-SW-
12-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Oh, and it replaces them each session, so if you want to keep it, move it, or next time you fire up the game, you'll overwrite it!

tater

xylem_1
12-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Yep, right you are Tater !

I found I can open them, and change format, with Photoshop. Seems like a somewhat cumbersome method, though. I thought IL2 was simpler somehow....

Thanks much for your help.

xylem

Jaws2002
12-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Get the IL2 Manager from C6 web site. This great software will automatically convert all screen shots from TGA into JPEG.

Il-2 Manager 5.0 Final2 (http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=2198)

Spinnetti
12-04-2004, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xylem_1:
OK, I jsut discovered that I can open the last screenshot on the clipboard using Paint &gt; edit &gt; paste &gt; save as jpg.

Now the questions becomes, why are screenshots not saved somewhere in PF? As you know the clipboard (now clipbook?) only saves the latest shot and deletes each previous one. How can this be overcome?

Thanks again.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use 'FRAPS' as well, which you assign a key, and it can save directly to jpg...

Pics are simply in the iL2 root as others mentioned..

xylem_1
12-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Excellent, guys. Thanks.