PDA

View Full Version : Five things wrong. Fix them. Thank you.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:20 AM
1) the Order of Glory is not awarded in the offline VVS campaign.

2) there should be a medal for Victory Over Fascist Germany at campaign finale.

3) there should be a chance to return to base across enemy lines.

4) enemy ground units never cross into friendly territory - strange considering this happens in most wars. and vice versa.

5) La7 divespeed is inaccurately low. Kurt Tank says so.

source for last statement.
http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=002897
argue this last one if you want. personally i don't dive that fast with the La7 anyway.

addendum to the first - instead there is a second Order of the Red Banner.

finally, love the game, just hoping the above can be done at some point to improve it from it's current state of 95% perfection. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:20 AM
1) the Order of Glory is not awarded in the offline VVS campaign.

2) there should be a medal for Victory Over Fascist Germany at campaign finale.

3) there should be a chance to return to base across enemy lines.

4) enemy ground units never cross into friendly territory - strange considering this happens in most wars. and vice versa.

5) La7 divespeed is inaccurately low. Kurt Tank says so.

source for last statement.
http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=002897
argue this last one if you want. personally i don't dive that fast with the La7 anyway.

addendum to the first - instead there is a second Order of the Red Banner.

finally, love the game, just hoping the above can be done at some point to improve it from it's current state of 95% perfection. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Excerpted from that site linked above if you're not inclined to click on it

<begin quotation>
The text below is a passage from Kurt Tank-Focke Wulf's Designer and Test Pilot, Wolfgang Wagner, ISBN 0-7643-0644-8:

<scanned text image>
"With a half roll, he flips the machine onto its back and dives earthward. 3300rpm is the maximum allowed, and Tank keeps a watchful eye on the rpm gauge. The airspeed indicator registers 450km/h, quickly building up in the dive to 500km/h. At 7000 meters the plane pushes 600km/h, while at 6000 meters it hits 700km/h; this translates to 955km/h true airspeed. Yet again, Tank finds himself approaching the sound barrier in a dive. But the machine remains unaffected - no flutter, no vibration, nothing flying off. Slowly and carefully he begins the pullout. The needle on the g-meter shows 7 "g" (italicised in original) after pullout. The values are nearly the same as for the Fw 190A-7 he had test flown in a dive earlier.
<end citation from other link in other forum>

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:40 AM
A noble list.

"diplomacy is saying 'good doggie' until you can find a really BIG rock."

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 10:08 AM
cascadingstyle wrote:
- 3) there should be a chance to return to base across
- enemy lines.

In offline campaigns? I think some of the online
campaigns like VEF, etc, allow for return to base
of personas across enemy lines, I think.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 10:18 AM
A very good list! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately bug #3 has already been posted. Please stand by as EURO_Snoopy locks this thread.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 10:33 AM
That's a big immersion minus. In the old IL-2: Sturmovik (non-dynamic) campaign I noticed a lot of ground fighting going on. I haven't encountered this in IL-2: Forgotten Battles.

blackTIE

cascadingstyle wrote:
- 4) enemy ground units never cross into friendly
- territory - strange considering this happens in most
- wars. and vice versa.

Hunter82
08-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Suggestions are fine,discussion is fine, the text header is a little harsh.

Bashing a mod for enforcing the guidelines is poor form IMO. The user has a legit question/comment though the header as said before is a little harsh. The comments you made basically trying to cause a stir are what would get this locked if the trend continued......keep your comments on others to yourself /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Ever wondered why Oleg posts at some other forums more often then here? One only has to look around for the answers /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Baloban wrote:
- A very good list! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
- Unfortunately bug #3 has already been posted.
- Please stand by as EURO_Snoopy locks this thread.
-
-

=======================================
Ubisoft IL2/Lock On Moderator
ATI Catalyst Driver Beta Tester
Hunter82 wrote:"I did not have technical relations with that question"
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>
=======================================

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Clarification.
re: the title.
Harshness not intended.
Rather, brevity.

You see, usually i tend to speak in a manner such as this and while it is amazingly pompous my personal friends have been accustomed to the intricate syntax with which i am wont to communicate. Moreover while there are occasionally valid points that i may have to transmit they are often not discernible given the rather unwieldly signal to noise ratio with which i tend to barrage others so unfortunate as to be within earshot. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Unaccustomed as i am to being laconic, i now take this opportunity to clarify to those who may have construed it otherwise that the tone intended is business-like and efficient rather than my usual meandering and byzantine prose.

That having been done i will remind all concerned i did say thank you. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:24 PM
So where does it say he was flying a La?
He was probably testing a newer version of FW.