PDA

View Full Version : starboard propeller not turning after reload campaign!

Jason111
04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Anyone else seeing this? (In external view starboard propeller is motionless, but no functional effect)

In single missions before campaign load, both propellers turn fine...

Jason111
04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Anyone else seeing this? (In external view starboard propeller is motionless, but no functional effect)

In single missions before campaign load, both propellers turn fine...

KiwiVenge
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
At what point? You mean at the very start of a career mission?
If it is 'in mission' it would likely be because one of your engines is charging the batteries.

axeman3d
04-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Man, I wish this forum had a search feature that worked, I really do.

For the umpteenth time (not your fault dude) the fact is that the prop stops on one engine is because the chief engineer is using the other engine to recharge your batteries. Check out the chief engineer options, you can over-ride him if you need the speed.

Shark....
04-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Yep i experienced that before

I thought my crew might be tired try replacing the engine compartment with fresh crew if that dont fix it its a bug.

malkuth
04-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Shark Read the Above post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Holly-Woods
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shark....:
I thought my crew might be tired try replacing the engine compartment with fresh crew if that dont fix it its a bug. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See axeman3d's post...it's not a bug; it's a fact of U-boot life. When running submerged, the batteries are used to drive the boat. Batteries get drained so the U-boat has to run on diesels. To do that the boat has to surface. When it surfaces, one of the diesels is used to charge the batteries. If the boat gets spotted and needs to run away, you can divert the diesel back to driving the boat and save recharging for another time.

Jason111
04-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah, it would be nice if searches worked!