PDA

View Full Version : Lucy disappears *Very minor spoilers*

LastUnderstood
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
To make things clear, I know she is scripted to leave the hideout at one point and if Desmond wanders outside he can share a brief philosophical conversation with her.

I did complete that conversation, and when I went back into the hideout everything was back to normal.

Now before I finished another memory block I decided to leave the animus again, only when I emerged this time, Lucy was again gone, and Rebecca was back checking one of the servers near the Animus.

Basically I want to know if she (Lucy) is scripted to leave without a trace again, or if I've got myself a bug.

I'm at the very beginning of sequence 7, and I have finished most of the side quests as well as purchased/renovated all of Rome.

So you can guess that I really don't want to restart the campaign.

I also, don't want to finish the game until I figure this out, so if it's at all possible, please try to keep it spoiler free.

Thank You.

ExprtAssassin
11-22-2010, 12:09 AM
I had that same problem but in reverse. I went outside after 6 and wasnt there, and after 7 she was.

BAMB0
11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
No answer. She just disappears in sequence 6 and 7. No one knows where she goes after this.

I tried looking for her everywhere in the town and she didn't appear. But she does come back later. It isn't a glitch, or at least one that will ruin your game. She comes back, just keep playing.

Rennold
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I had the same thing happen in segment 6 and when i went outside and turned on eagle vision there was a red trail leading from the back of the villa to the bottom of the stairs. Anyone know what that is about?

LastUnderstood
11-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, update she did appear a couple chapters later. If this is happening to everyone then it might be subtle foreshadowing. Or you know, still a bug.

Oh and Rennold, I believe that red path is used to help Desmond find his way back to the Sanctuary in case he gets lost while running around town. You know, follow the red hallucination road!

Wind91
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
it's not a bug it's meant to be a subtle hint that you'll realize in the end when your smashing your face on a wall screaming for the next game

RequiemDogma
11-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I think there IS a bug here. I noticed the red path the first time I left the sanctuary AND, when Lucy was scripted to leave, I went outside, and talked to her. Then I came back inside and talked to Shaun, he said something conflicting and then Lucy (Suddenly appearing, sitting on the blue water bottle crates) was talking back, however, aside from when she was part of the conversation, she was not present.

BAMB0
11-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Maybe you were meant to talk to everyone in the Sanctuary first before going outside and talking to Lucy?

Because thats how I had it, I had talked to Shaun first and THEN Lucy disappeared. Which is what prompt me to go looking for her outside and realized she was out just outside the door.

FANIS1993
11-25-2010, 02:11 PM
maybe its not a bug, i read somewhere that in one of her emails there is an email from templars saying to her good work with desmond so if she really is a traitor then she may leaves sometimes

LastUnderstood
11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
My favorite aspect of the series from the get-go has been the "real world" storyline, it's one reason why I was slightly disappointed in ACII (don't get me wrong though, still loved the game.) So I was in for a treat when I learned that I could leave the animus at anytime to chat things up with the other character's in the Sanctuary.

It's why I left the animus more than once every chapter, to see if I could get anymore dialogue with Shaun/Rebecca/Lucy. As well as reading and re-reading everyone's Emails to see if I could find any clues buried in them as there were in the first Assassin's Creed.

So I'm pretty sure I tried talking to everyone before setting out again to try and find Lucy, but that was a couple weeks ago now so I can't be 100% on that.

Either way, Ubi sold me on ACIII with an ending like that, which was their plan all along, little devils.