PDA

View Full Version : Question on Mods & SH3 Gramophone...

Fritz1GD
04-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Gents,

First of all... what mods are there for SH3? I've heard myths from friends that theres a patch that makes SH3 kinda like SOCOM for PS2, where you use your mic to relay commands to your boat crew... Is this fact or fiction? where can I get it?

Second of all... The Gramophone in SH3, can you put your own music files to be played? I'm sick of the one music file on the gramophone. It sucks. I have lots of original authentic WWII music I want to play while I'm a sailin'.

any and all help welcome!
Thanks,
Fritz

Johnny_JG2
04-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Voice commands aren't included in the game, however there IS a program out there that some people use that can be setup to run SHIII on voice. Sorry I can't remember the name of it- hopefully someone will chime in with it.

Put mp3s or .ogg files in your SHIII/data/sounds/gramaphone folder. Make sure your MP3s are the highest bit-rate possible because sometimes the gramaphone will simply not play some music files. .OGG files supposedly work the best with the gramaphone.

Frederf221
04-23-2005, 08:41 PM
VBR Mp3s will fail.
SBR Mp3s will play in the gram.

BladeghostDev
04-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I find some tunes just are not loud enough, 'volume dial? maybe replace the tex with another ,with dials instead of the flat arrows for the jukebox., ah yeah lets go 1943 surround sound THX... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif lol sound placement has always been diffucult in any game development....hey this sim/game can only get better refined always.... great stuff,
I believe I was a U-boat comd in a previous life.... I love this program!

Frederf221
04-23-2005, 09:36 PM
If you want the music to be reletively louder than engines, ect... that's what the volume knobs in sound settings are for.