PDA

View Full Version : IL2-Sturmovik:FB?

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm waiting on Lock on: Modern air Combat but I'm getting quite tired of waiting and waiting. So I was just thinking if I should by IL2-Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles while I'm waiting? I already have the original IL2-Sturmovik and I think the game is great! I only have about 500 euros and I'm going to buy two games later this year so what do you think is it worth my money?

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm waiting on Lock on: Modern air Combat but I'm getting quite tired of waiting and waiting. So I was just thinking if I should by IL2-Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles while I'm waiting? I already have the original IL2-Sturmovik and I think the game is great! I only have about 500 euros and I'm going to buy two games later this year so what do you think is it worth my money?

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 10:03 AM
FB will be worth buying in 3-6 weeks.

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 12:07 PM
yep wait for the patch as you might be disappointed other wise

"Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman. It was my view that no kill was worth the life of a wingman. . . . Pilots in my unit who lost wingmen on this basis were prohibited from leading a [section]. They were made to fly as wingman, instead."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann "Karaya One"

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 01:01 PM
LW_lcarp wrote:
- yep wait for the patch as you might be disappointed
- other wise

come on m8.... its for sure that there are several little bugs in FB or things that should be added/changed at the moment... and were all looking forward to the patch to fix this...
but FB is ABSOLUTLY worth the money...but theres no reason to be disappointed ....FB is just a great game and those small bugs arent a real reason not to buy it in my eyes...

btw: Hi @all... first post on this forum /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 06/30/0312:02PM by Bazoooooka

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Hello Mr.Bazoooka/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Some friendly tips?
0.Read FAQ.
1.Don`t let your alter-ego post here.
2.Don`t whine about whiners(never gonna work).
3.Ignore RayBanJockey`s posts.
4.Don`t look at the post count.
5.Join Luftwhiners,Yankwhiners or VVSwhiners(there are many sub-groups too).
6.If you have any questions about IL2/FB,we`ll answer it.
7.Have fun.

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey Carguy, he allready owns the original Il-2 he says /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You might buy FB but, prepared you are going to be hooked! and don't wanna play LOMAC /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://members.chello.se/ven/ham-pin.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 01:14 PM
how do you know it`ll be better in 3-6 weeks carguy ? Have you tried the leaked one /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ?

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Buy it imediately! Great game, great fun. Everybody is talking about the Patch but I don't think you will be missing it in many months. Its tons of fun already and a lot to learn before you can appreciate most of the details in damage models and flight models. The variety of planes are enormous so you should have a lot to do before the Patch fixes the P40's self-exploding behaviour.

The Patch will probably improve the dynamic campaign (which is enjoyable at the moment) but before you enter into a full "pilot career" there are lots of great mission to train your skills on.

There are very few fatal bugs so the program actually runs very stable. I have never made it crash.

So, forget about the Patch. IL2:FB is already worth a lot, and by experience from IL2, patches will add even more.

Petter

PS. I also look forward to Lock On but jets will be very fast and it is even complicated to maintain visual contact and situational awarenes below 600kmh. So WWII planes probably makes a better flight-sim.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 01:23 PM
LW_lcarp wrote:
- yep wait for the patch as you might be disappointed
- other wise

come on m8.... its for sure that there are several little bugs in FB or things that should be added/changed at the moment... and were all looking forward to the patch to fix this...
but FB is ABSOLUTLY worth the money...but theres no reason to be disappointed ....FB is just a great game and those small bugs arent a real reason not to buy it in my eyes

---

I like the game but it definatly seems like an alpha release with major bugs i dont care if its 3000 lines out of 3million its major ones sound, online netcode, slow game engine performance. Id wait for the patch. The wait makes you dislike the game more everyday unfortunatly.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 02:33 AM
Even as is FB is the best prop thing smokin today....... Get it....you wont be sorry. Dont listen to these guys who have all these "issues" with the sim. The sim is not bad at all...... evren with no patch. It just takes some getting used to. Howeever if you are into IL2 then you are half way there and FB will only make whatever you feel for IL2 that much stronger because it is an AWESOME sim.

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 02:59 AM
basti94 wrote:
- I'm waiting on Lock on: Modern air Combat but I'm
- getting quite tired of waiting and waiting. So I was
- just thinking if I should by IL2-Sturmovik:Forgotten
- Battles while I'm waiting? I already have the
- original IL2-Sturmovik and I think the game is
- great! I only have about 500 euros and I'm going to
- buy two games later this year so what do you think
- is it worth my money?
-
-

I just got it about a week ago and I love it. I read about the patch on this board, but to tell the truth I dont notice anything wrong with game while I'm playing online, I'm to busy having fun. This community is pretty good bunch of guys too, I've gotten some good avice during games, and people dont hassle you because your a noob. Best $40 I've spent in a long time.

btw, I use the name redhook when I play.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 03:04 AM
cross posting ...

FB looks better graphically (even if your machine cannot handle the 1024 skins and perfect settings it still is better)

FB has more toys to play with (more planes, bigger boats, search lights and balloons stuff like that)

FB has some resemblance of real engine management (still missing a few details)

All of which combined kinda makes it hard to go back to IL2 once you have tried Forgotten Battles ....... even though in some ways the final patch of IL2 is the better game

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 06:53 AM
WTE Galway says it all. FB in my opinion was completely worth it. Use FB as your base and you will not be sorry as the new patches come out. Trust it!...

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 07:03 AM
the patch will only change about one tenth of one percent of the game if that. the game wont change with the patch. a couple things will be different though. in other words. people who dont like the game now and are waiting for the patch to make it a game they like are going to be SERIOUSLY disappointed !....this game is perfect now. but the patch will make a few things more fun. like the mk108 and the jug. and some things will be less fun...like hurricanes.