PDA

View Full Version : propeller pitch

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 08:49 PM
can anyone give me some advice how should i use propeller pitch controls and radiator-in some planes there is no difference with 100% and 10% of prop pich.

Macca44

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 08:49 PM
can anyone give me some advice how should i use propeller pitch controls and radiator-in some planes there is no difference with 100% and 10% of prop pich.

Macca44

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
The patch is going to fix prop-pitch in some planes that are only working at 50% so keep that in mind.

To really practice prop-pitch management use a 109 with CEM on. Map pitch up and down to some buttons or use the defaults and start doing dives and climbs. You may need to hit "shift-0" key to allow manual pitch adjustment.

When diving your RPM's start to go high so lower the prop-pitch value until it stays within that particular plane's powerband (see manual). After a while you can tell just by the sound of your engine.

Think of PP as being like a standard car where you need to switch gears to keep the engine from over-revving.

I really hope PP gets completely fixed in the patch so I can get a better feel for all the planes.

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg