PDA

View Full Version : Sturmovik IL2 - Newbie - joystick of hell??? Please help!

boosteroo
12-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi there,
Obvious newbie problems here, but can't find out the solution by searching the archive - maybe you could be kind enough to help.

I've just got Sturmovik IL2, the CD version 1.01g. No patches installed. Prog works fine, so I bought a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick to use it properly. I cannot get the game to see the the stick.

I have followed what advice I could find on the forums, but no luck. I uninstalled the software that came with the stick and just let XP install it. The stick works fine in the test area outside the game.

When I go to the hardware settings in the game, there is no option to select the stick and it will not work. Please could someone advise as this looks like a great flight sim. Should I give up and just get a newer version of the game? I can't understand why the stick won't work.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Booster

Ps I'm asking here as I reckon most of you guys have probably progressed from IL2 and may have had similar problems.

FluffyDucks
12-27-2005, 01:44 PM
In the hardware=> controlls menu scroll down to the hotas section. You will see options for various axis left click on the space to the right of whichever axis you wish to ascribe, then move the actual stick axis. IL2 will automatically set that axis to your chosen action. Hope this helps.

Dan2
12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I've got the same stick. No problems at all. This running Win XP SP2. THe only difference I can see is that you are using the out of the box game, wheras I'm patched up to 1.2. If I remember rightly, you will need to download 1.1 followed by 1.2.

Edit: Patches can be found here:

http://www.il2sturmovik.com/games_elts/updates.php

And yes, first you need to download 1.1 followed by 1.2 to bring yourself up current.
No need to can the game just yet - but I would definately download those patches and then see what happens.

Edit again: You should install your logitech W software also - chances are that will pick up the game and you might be able to launch it through that program. Good luck

dbillo
12-27-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't know about original IL-2 Sturmovik, but Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters have a separate setup program which you can run. In that, there is a Joystick tab where you can check off "Use Joystick". Perhaps that is your problem.

Freelancer-1
12-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Go to:

Start/All Programs/Ubisoft/IL2/Setup

Under the Joystick tab, put a check in the Use Joystick box.