PDA

View Full Version : Disepointed of assassin's creed.

Assasscreedfan
11-15-2007, 12:12 AM
MY 15 year old son, couldnt wait on assassins creed, so he pre-purchased it. And guess what? it's 18+! Yesterday he was crushed, i cant bescribe it. HE LOOKED SO MUCH FORWARD TO THE GAME! So why do the makers of assassins creed give such a high rating? Please, dont only think of your self. I bet there's thousands of disiponted kids all over the world that looked forward to assassins creed. You guy should think of this, we couldt see the rating before yesterday at www.pegi.info (http://www.pegi.info).
I'm using my sons account here.

Last_Assassins
11-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Um... Its your call? Don't act like your poor son can't physically play it because he is under 18... lol..

~Chase

AirRon_2K7
11-15-2007, 12:16 AM
They haven't made it a 18 for their own goddam pleasure y'know... It's made for a reason. And if you want the rating lowered, then the simple answer would be to get the game FOR him.

Unless - and this is VERY likely - you're not actually 'his dad' and are actually 'him'

PEGI works, if they say it's an 18... then live with it, OK?

robatubisoft
11-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I weep for the youth of today, and the future tomorrow. Hey, at least it will be easier to pick out the crooked politicians if this is the best they can do.

Phreaky_McGeek
11-15-2007, 12:20 AM
"I'm using my sons account here" -> one post? Hmm.

If you are the father here, you should have seen it coming, to be honest. Right, so you knew he's been waiting for it for ages, surely you'd notice, or work out through the name "assassins", that the game revolves around killing people in a lovely violent fashion.

MeAltairLol
11-15-2007, 12:25 AM
One post... Hmm, right...

Anyway, no need to be paranoid, if you ARE the father, you should just let him play.

Faylinks
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Assasscreedfan:
MY 15 year old son, couldnt wait on assassins creed, so he pre-purchased it. And guess what? it's 18+! Yesterday he was crushed, i cant bescribe it. HE LOOKED SO MUCH FORWARD TO THE GAME! So why do the makers of assassins creed give such a high rating? Please, dont only think of your self. I bet there's thousands of disiponted kids all over the world that looked forward to assassins creed. You guy should think of this, we couldt see the rating before yesterday at www.pegi.info (http://www.pegi.info).

"dont only think of your self. I bet there's thousands of disiponted kids all over the world that looked forward to assassins creed."

its a mother *ucking game. you will live. and if he is that crushed? let him play it. REALLY not that big of a deal less QQ.

and i will bet my copy of assassins creed(that "thousands of people" are denied of) that your a son whos parents wont let you play, because you are not responsible or trustworthy

stix489
11-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry dude...but your spelling isn't really helping your case of being the "father"...as opposed to being the "son".

abeed0786
11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Its a violent game Thus the high rating lol. IT even has ASSASIN on the name of the game.

You are the father of this child its up to you to decide. I would let my kids play if i had any.

Psychopompador
11-15-2007, 12:35 AM
I hope your son didnt learn sentence structure and spelling from you. LOL

Skilgannon1987
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
ha ha.I agree with most of the people here. Assassins creed is about ASSASSINATION thus is violent, your syntax is horrible, and in the end its your choice....just watch out your son doesn't go around killing modern political figures

Faylinks
11-15-2007, 12:55 AM
case closed really.. i think its more then obvious that he is the son
1) spelling (not that i care about spelling as long as its legible)
2) only one post when its your "sons" account.
3) if you where the father and was sorry for your son that he could not play, and you being the person stoping him, i doubt that you would post this here.

4)"So why do the makers of assassins creed give such a high rating?" the rating is there to help parents of the content, and if it where lower rating, but same game, now its not an issue?

Susak1977
11-15-2007, 01:13 AM
this guy has to be a bigger ****** than his son he couldn't tell this was going to be rated m from the start

XxKillabytexX
11-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Let him play it anyway. The worst he could do is become a homicidal Maniac. Its MA cause theres blood effects.

LordLonewolf777
11-15-2007, 01:59 AM
LoL, Dude, IF u are the FATHER your spelling would be much more accurate, You would have known that UBISOFT DOES NOT rate the GAME! Yes they aimed for the M rating, But its another company all together that rates and puts the 18+ on the front cover of the box.

But I highly doubt this IS the Father. This, I would suspect, is a poor kid whose parents have higher moral aspects than most and denies their son from playing AC because of the 18+ on the cover. They are probably the kind of parents who open a magazine and read all the **** they say about violent games making ppl go on rampages killing everyone(a bit over the top but who cares).
To each his own I suppose.

I'm going to a mid-night release of AC tonight.
YAY, cant wait.

XxKillabytexX
11-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by LordLonewolf777:
LoL, Dude, IF u are the FATHER your spelling would be much more accurate, You would have known that UBISOFT DOES NOT rate the GAME! Yes they aimed for the M rating, But its another company all together that rates and puts the 18+ on the front cover of the box.

But I highly doubt this IS the Father. This, I would suspect, is a poor kid whose parents have higher moral aspects than most and denies their son from playing AC because of the 18+ on the cover. They are probably the kind of parents who open a magazine and read all the **** they say about violent games making ppl go on rampages killing everyone(a bit over the top but who cares).
To each his own I suppose.

I'm going to a mid-night release of AC tonight.
YAY, cant wait.

+1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

trojanfoe
11-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Another wonderful response from this most caring of communities. You really helped him, and I'm sure he won't be back.

Well done guys!

ProneNL
11-15-2007, 03:01 AM
If you ARE the father, buy it FOR him then.

Tin
11-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Ubisoft don't decide the rating..... They dont go like "ooooh tell you what, lets release assassins creed with a 3+ rating", unless they take away game content!
They create the game they want to create, then send it off to PEGI to rate it.

TheECP
11-15-2007, 03:14 AM
It is a rather violent game you know, of course it's going to be rated 18+, but I mean, you could buy it for him...

Raide
11-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Dear Assasscreedfan,

I am sorry that you feel dissapointed with Assassin's Creed receiving a higher rating that you would have liked. By the subject matter contained within Assassin's Creed, it has always been marked as a more mature game and has been rated in accord with that.

From the start of development Assassin's Creed was always about sneaking around, hunting your targets and assassinating them, so it was always bound to have a higher rating that many other games.

The rating system is still very much guidance for parents to choose if games are suitable for those under the listed rating age. Parents should understand that this game is rated higher than most because of the contents within it are only suitable for mature people.

In the end the choice is left with the parents to choose if they wish their children to play Assassin's Creed or not, but the rating for the game is set now and that cannot be changed.

Raide
UK Forum Manager

tevel3
11-15-2007, 03:31 AM
so but it for him...
and if u so worry about the rate of the game u should sit down with him and play him.
anyway it's not that violent, well it is violent but nothing new he didn't see on the tv.
there's stabbing and u can cut some enemis. no body part getting ripped of the guys body and things like that.
just blood mist evry time u're stabbing someone.
u should buy it and play along with him.

biggestbear1024
11-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Dude you can turn off the blood in the options.

avsrule247
11-15-2007, 05:21 AM
That just makes it less gory. It is still M rated.

lukenichols
11-15-2007, 09:21 AM
well stabbing people in the neck
beating information out of them

basically murdering people
what more could you expect

Royal.Mist
11-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Assasscreedfan:

For a parent, you're an idiot. You should never have had children and instead you should be eliminated from the gene pool.

RichieBPM
11-15-2007, 10:06 AM
It's only rated 15 in the UK...