PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo planes available for fs2004?



jdlnorcal
01-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I have just recieved and loaded software addon from Abacus titled WWII Carrier ops. for FS2004 and 2002, It includes the following flyable planes, Grumman TBF-1C Avenger, Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat, Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless, and last but not least Vought F4u-1A Corsair. These are very well done renderings, and I am only left to wonder Why oh Why, do we not have them here in PF? I doubt that any money was paid by Abacus to Grumman for any rights, which leads me to think that this whole excuse has been jive, to start with.
Chaya

John_Stag
01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Really? How very interesting. Again.

KarayaEine
01-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, but you can't shoot anything or have multiple planes aloft in FS9. Sure you can fly 'em but what fun is that unless you can blow something up with it?

Johann

initjust
01-11-2005, 12:21 PM
What do you mean you can't have multiple planes aloft in FS9?

Also, during WWII in the PTO the risk and challenges associated with just finding the enemy and/or returning safely to their carrier was more deadly than engaging in combat was so pilotage was a VERY important aspect of naval aviation in the PTO.

The time pilots spent in combat in the PTO was actually quite small when compared with the time they spent getting to and from the combat area.

actionhank1786
01-11-2005, 01:59 PM
regardless of all this hoopla about flyables in FS2004, we may not see these nice planes, simply due to the fact that many of them don't have resources or even any left in the world, to make a cockpit of. Abacus most likely speculated on the cockpits.
Also they wouldnt have to accurately model fully functioning gunner and bombardier stations.
Oleg won't accept cockpits that aren't up to his standards, and a cockpit made based on how other cockpits of the era were, or how the creator thinks they should be, dont cut the mustard by Oleg.
so until someone stumbles upon the Cave filled with all the resourcesless planes we want, we may have to settle with A-20 Torpedo runs

cwojackson
01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
regardless of all this hoopla about flyables in FS2004, we may not see these nice planes, simply due to the fact that many of them don't have resources or even any left in the world, to make a cockpit of. Abacus most likely speculated on the cockpits.
Also they wouldnt have to accurately model fully functioning gunner and bombardier stations.
Oleg won't accept cockpits that aren't up to his standards, and a cockpit made based on how other cockpits of the era were, or how the creator thinks they should be, dont cut the mustard by Oleg.
so until someone stumbles upon the Cave filled with all the resourcesless planes we want, we may have to settle with A-20 Torpedo runs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, the resources for the Grumman planes listed in the original post is plentiful...along with the aircraft themselves.

ElAurens
01-11-2005, 08:22 PM
There are at least 25 flyable TBF/TBM Avengers on the planet.

aonyn
01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
There is an Avenger, recently restored, about 5 miles from where I live. The owner let me sit in the cockpit.

Latico
01-12-2005, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdlnorcal:
I have just recieved and loaded software addon from Abacus titled WWII Carrier ops. for FS2004 and 2002, It includes the following flyable planes, Grumman TBF-1C Avenger, Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat, Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless, and last but not least Vought F4u-1A Corsair. These are very well done renderings, and I am only left to wonder Why oh Why, do we not have them here in PF? I doubt that any money was paid by Abacus to Grumman for any rights, which leads me to think that this whole excuse has been jive, to start with.
Chaya <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just what makes you so sure that Abacus didn't pay a license fee to the aircraft manufactures? After all you DID have to pay for the add-on.

cwojackson
01-12-2005, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdlnorcal:
I have just recieved and loaded software addon from Abacus titled WWII Carrier ops. for FS2004 and 2002, It includes the following flyable planes, Grumman TBF-1C Avenger, Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat, Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless, and last but not least Vought F4u-1A Corsair. These are very well done renderings, and I am only left to wonder Why oh Why, do we not have them here in PF? I doubt that any money was paid by Abacus to Grumman for any rights, which leads me to think that this whole excuse has been jive, to start with.
Chaya <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just what makes you so sure that Abacus didn't pay a license fee to the aircraft manufactures? After all you DID have to pay for the add-on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good for them having the foresight to take care of the legal stuff in advance.

HotelBushranger
01-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Well, there's still the Beaufighter which has torpedos. Why say A-20 torp runs, do they even hav ethat in their payload? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

m.manson2004
01-12-2005, 12:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
regardless of all this hoopla about flyables in FS2004, we may not see these nice planes, simply due to the fact that many of them don't have resources or even any left in the world, to make a cockpit of. Abacus most likely speculated on the cockpits.
Also they wouldnt have to accurately model fully functioning gunner and bombardier stations.
Oleg won't accept cockpits that aren't up to his standards, and a cockpit made based on how other cockpits of the era were, or how the creator thinks they should be, dont cut the mustard by Oleg.
so until someone stumbles upon the Cave filled with all the resourcesless planes we want, we may have to settle with A-20 Torpedo runs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the most ridiculous reply we have read in ages.you must be elected the king of PF m...s.

manson

actionhank1786
01-12-2005, 01:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m.manson2004:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
regardless of all this hoopla about flyables in FS2004, we may not see these nice planes, simply due to the fact that many of them don't have resources or even any left in the world, to make a cockpit of. Abacus most likely speculated on the cockpits.
Also they wouldnt have to accurately model fully functioning gunner and bombardier stations.
Oleg won't accept cockpits that aren't up to his standards, and a cockpit made based on how other cockpits of the era were, or how the creator thinks they should be, dont cut the mustard by Oleg.
so until someone stumbles upon the Cave filled with all the resourcesless planes we want, we may have to settle with A-20 Torpedo runs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the most ridiculous reply we have read in ages.you must be elected the king of PF m...s.

manson <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how's it rediculous?
most of the planes people are craving dont have the resouces needed.
Ok yes there are flyable TBMs, but it looks like that may be held up due to copyright ****.
As for the others, good luck finding a kate cockpit

JG51Beolke
01-12-2005, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aonyn:
There is an Avenger, recently restored, about 5 miles from where I live. The owner let me sit in the cockpit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, Please, take pictures of the pit and post them on this board. Maybe a talented modeler will start the pit.