PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS POSSIBLY THE ULTIMATE HOME PC ADD ON????



Taylortony
10-09-2006, 04:26 PM
see

www.cyberseat.co.uk (http://www.cyberseat.co.uk)

Three degrees of freedom provide approximately +/-12.5 degrees of pitch and roll and +/-50mm of heave. 1g acceleration makes for a robust gaming experience

http://www.cyberseat.co.uk/images/motionBasedFunModel.jpg

JG52Uther
10-09-2006, 04:31 PM
If it comes with the girl then sign me up!

slappedsilly
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I'd take two! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

x6BL_Brando
10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
"Red Three to Rabbit leader, yellow-nosed b-----d at nine o' clock, closing fast!"

"Roger Red Three, I see 'em - and leave that WAAF alone!"

Sorry TT, I couldn't resist! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/brando6BL/BumperCar.jpg)

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

B.

ruby_monkey
10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
It isn't. She is.

F6_Ace
10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Can you convert it to a 'cybersex seat' ?

Or have they done that already? (Judging by her apparent pleasure....)

Waldo.Pepper
10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
the world's biggest USB device!

That sounds like a challenge! I would love to be able to say that I had built the worlds biggest USB device. Like if I make a USB socket on the outside of a supertanker or something.

It doesn't look like it would be too terribly hard to make a copycat chair like at the link. Hmmm!

partic_3
10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Hmmm. You'd not expect a chick to have such a big smile on her face from playing a computer game...
Ouch! Where'd that effing trident come from!

Feathered_IV
10-09-2006, 06:13 PM
She's faking it. Be sure!

Chuck_Older
10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by partic_3:
Hmmm. You'd not expect a chick to have such a big smile on her face from playing a computer game...


That's from the +/- 50mm of heave. Most dryers only get rated to +/- 20mm.

WB_Outlaw
10-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I especially like that fact that she's only wearing a bathing suit and the rest is body paint.

[edit]
Or is it? I can't tell for sure. It looks like she might also be wearing a leotard or something. Oh well, who cares, she's still awfully cute.

--Outlaw.

fordfan25
10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
bang bang bang bang bang bang ....drink of water..... bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang......

Bearcat99
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
All jokes aside..... this is the part that Oleg needs to see:

An SDK is available for developers to write their own drivers. Outputs are taken from the game's physics engine and transformed into leg positions which are sent out on the USB port at up to 100 position commands per second.

I know something like that would be out of the prioce range of most of us but wow....

triad773
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM
MAN- the base of that thing reminds me of a Dalek!

But that would be very desirable to at least have the option if the SDK was released to facilitate a drive for that contraption. Even if I couldn't afford it, it's nice to dream about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

You never know.

Fork-N-spoon
10-09-2006, 11:00 PM
What's so fantastic about the girl in the photo that people keep going on about? She's not even average and completely lacks any sort of build. Now the chair is a ripper of an idea and only furthers our immersion potential.

CAF96th_Sillyak
10-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Fork-N-spoon:
What's so fantastic about the girl in the photo that people keep going on about? She's not even average and completely lacks any sort of build. Now the chair is a ripper of an idea and only furthers our immersion potential.

I believe its the look on her face

partic_3
10-10-2006, 12:32 AM
And we are computer game dweebs... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

trumper
10-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
All jokes aside..... this is the part that Oleg needs to see:

An SDK is available for developers to write their own drivers. Outputs are taken from the game's physics engine and transformed into leg positions which are sent out on the USB port at up to 100 position commands per second.

I know something like that would be out of the prioce range of most of us but wow....
It should definately be brought to Olegs attention,what is expensive today will be affordable in the future,look at the price and availability of PC stuff today compared with when IL2 first appeared.
Not only that there will be competitors in time for it.

rnzoli
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Taylortony:
see

www.cyberseat.co.uk (http://www.cyberseat.co.uk)

Three degrees of freedom provide approximately +/-12.5 degrees of pitch and roll and +/-50mm of heave. 1g acceleration makes for a robust gaming experience

seems good enough for racing car simulation, seems too little for flight simulation

but that's the way to go, with greated movement range and a closed pit (to avoid visual references in your real surroundings) it will be excellent

imagine when you can trim your plane on the "feelings" alone...

thefruitbat
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Wouldn't it be a major effort to use track ir with that though?

just a thought.

fruitbat

mrsiCkstar
10-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by thefruitbat:
Wouldn't it be a major effort to use track ir with that though?

just a thought.

fruitbat

if you could mount the monitor and the trackIR onto that chair so they would pitch and roll with the seat it wouldn't be a problem

Worf101
10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by triad773:
MAN- the base of that thing reminds me of a Dalek!

But that would be very desirable to at least have the option if the SDK was released to facilitate a drive for that contraption. Even if I couldn't afford it, it's nice to dream about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

You never know.
You stole the words right out of my mouth...

"EXTERMINATE!!! EXTERMINATE!!!!!!"

Couldn't get past that one...

Da Worfster

thefruitbat
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by mrsiCkstar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefruitbat:
Wouldn't it be a major effort to use track ir with that though?

just a thought.

fruitbat

if you could mount the monitor and the trackIR onto that chair so they would pitch and roll with the seat it wouldn't be a problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but again, major effort! Not sure if the monitor would be ness, but definately the track ir would somehow have to be mounted to the chair, and in front somehow.

To be fair, if you were committed enough to buy the chair, i suspect a bit of welding, some ally and a bit of creative thought, it wouldnt be an impossibility!

Makes me think(hope!), that in the not to distant future, if you were willing to pay, you could own a 'simulator', that is likely to be at least on a par, with say what airforces have been training on, say a decade ago?!?, and which they had to pay millions for, lol.

well, one can dream!

fruitbat

llaneilian
10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
With prices STARTING at 12,500 Euro's I'll just carry on dreaming.

Taylortony
10-10-2006, 05:07 PM
then possibly

http://www.mfs.com.au/MFSmotion_based_flight_simulators.htm