PDA

View Full Version : Making movies from il2 tracks

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Maybe its already posted here but cant find it.
How can i make a movie(avi) af an il2 track file.
I know there is a program like fraps. But when i record it. My game is then really slow.
i saw some il2 movies and they looks really good.
How can i make such movies?
Maybe that someone can make a little tutorial?

thanks

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Maybe its already posted here but cant find it.
How can i make a movie(avi) af an il2 track file.
I know there is a program like fraps. But when i record it. My game is then really slow.
i saw some il2 movies and they looks really good.
How can i make such movies?
Maybe that someone can make a little tutorial?

thanks

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Try Hypercam

http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Its so slow when playing the movie. Even the game is slow.

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Then buy more ram

lol J/K

seriously, you may want to consider an upgrade. You wont be the first person who had to buy hardware to make movies.

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Little-Donkey,

To answer your question, I use CAMTASIA, a programs that capture video or pictures of your desktop. The important thing to know is how to do it, here is a simple way of explaining it:

- Run IL2 in a WINDOW 800x600 resolution at 1/2 speed.

- Pause the game and run Camtasia, turn off sound recording, use default video compresor and select a fixed region to record (the IL2 window but without the borders).

- Run the game and start recording, make sure you don't record more the 40 ~ 50 sec of video since the AVI files will be very large (aprox. 450 MB for about less than a minute of footage!).

- Then with Camtasia Producer you re-process each piece of footage that you made but you will re-process it at 150% faster speed.

- After you re-process all of your individual footages then you can use Windows Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere to put the pieces together to make the movie.

...and that is just the visual part, not even counting in the audio and music which I used separate software to put togeather.

Hope this helps.

http://fluxout.homestead.com/files/Thx-32x.jpg

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you"

Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)