PDA

View Full Version : Installing ur own campaigns

mole_boy
08-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Hey everyone. I'm building my first eva campaign. I have installed in My GB folder and followed all the directions but It does'nt show once I load IL-2. Help I want to test this ****eded mission

plumps_
08-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Which directions have you followed? If you followed the manual: It's not complete and there are some errors.

Go to the Mission Builder Forum and search for "info.properties".

Zeus-cat
08-06-2005, 06:41 PM
plumps advice is very good and you should follow it. After you do that, look at one of the campaigns you have downloaded and look at what they have done.

Zeus-cat

mole_boy
08-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Okay I followed your advice and i think im a bit closer now. What format should the info properties. I tried making it in wordpad but it doesn't seem to work.

bird_brain
08-07-2005, 06:39 AM
I don't see a thread in Mission Builders, so here you go. The most common reasons a campaign doesn't show up are

* There is a space or symbol in your campaign folder name. the underscore _ seems to be OK to replace a space.

* You do not have the correct ranks & awards in your GB file. If you have the merged install, that should not be a problem. If you are running just FB, you will need to DL the GB ranks & awards.

* You have a typo in your campaign.ini file. As Zeus-cat & plumps_ said, open the campaign.ini file in another campaign and replace the mission names with yours.

* Your 1st mission name has spaces or symbols which will cause errors.

Check all those and if you still can't get it to run, post back with more info like a copy of your campaign.ini, info.properties & mission names. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif