PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys taking the day off Work/School for beta?

DarkicoN14
09-30-2010, 07:19 PM
im going to try and be "sick" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

sure why not both

bushloc
09-30-2010, 07:45 PM
lol lol lol

tyrce111
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I dont have to.
Here in Australia most of us have mid-semester holidays.
I will have a couple days to play the beta then do 2 large essays in 2 days.

But I will take a day off to get the game when it come out.
I think its on a thursday. I could be wrong.

bushloc
09-30-2010, 10:03 PM
it be on Monday, Oct 4th

EzioAssassin51
09-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bushloc:
it be on Monday, Oct 4th

If you had read his post, he said game!!

(Excuse my rudeness, i'm not in the best mood atm)

Ultimate_Night
09-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bushloc:
it be on Monday, Oct 4th

(Excuse my rudeness, i'm not in the best mood atm) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, the OP said beta.

EzioAssassin51
10-01-2010, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bushloc:
it be on Monday, Oct 4th

(Excuse my rudeness, i'm not in the best mood atm) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, the OP said beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but tyrce said he wasn't sure when the game, as i full game, comes out, and bushloc said it was monday 4th of Oct!

Xanatos2007
10-01-2010, 04:47 AM
I took a day or two off to play AC1 & 2, since it seemed like a better use of my time (God knows I learned a hell of a lot more).

SBRedFlag
10-01-2010, 04:47 AM
I dig, EA51, please don't kill us.

LaCava1
10-01-2010, 05:27 AM
I can't. But I get the 7th and 8th off, and then a weekend. So I got a four day weekend of Brotherhood beta!

EzioAssassin51
10-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
I dig, EA51, please don't kill us.

Fine, I'll think about it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

FrankieSatt
10-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Anyone that would ditch their responsibilites, Work or School, for a video game REALLY needs to get their priorities in order.

I'll leave it at that.

Xanatos2007
10-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Let's see... conforming to society and attending a school that spends all day drilling this ideology into your head instead of teaching you something useful or turning up to a job you hate that does not inspire you creatively whatsoever vs. being able to sit comfortably at home after having a good night's sleep and losing yourself in an imaginary and immersive world where you can relax, express yourself and forget about your day-to-day troubles. Take your pick.

And besides, it's only for 1-2 days. It's not like we're playing WoW or something.

Murcuseo
10-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
Anyone that would ditch their responsibilites, Work or School, for a video game REALLY needs to get their priorities in order.

I'll leave it at that.

You're looking at it from your point of view, taking into account your responsibilities and priorities.

You REALLY need to get some perspective and relax a little, not everything is as you think it is. As we've seen from you in past discussions.

masterfenix2009
10-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

I'll leave it at that.

Really? The way I see it, why would you take all day at boring work when you could be playing a game? Work is just another version of school,but harder. It is just the governments way of keeping us busy,and not paying attention to other things.

BiopulsePS3
10-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
And besides, it's only for 1-2 days. It's not like we're playing WoW or something.

that made me roll on the ground and laugh out loud... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

caswallawn_2k7
10-02-2010, 04:08 PM
see I could understand taking time off for a game release, but for a beta that is a very limited version of the game with next to no game modes and probably any number of bugs stopping you playing the game properly, is it really worth it when you could save those days off for the full game?

GarethNelson
10-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Let's see... conforming to society and attending a school that spends all day drilling this ideology into your head instead of teaching you something useful or turning up to a job you hate that does not inspire you creatively whatsoever vs. being able to sit comfortably at home after having a good night's sleep and losing yourself in an imaginary and immersive world where you can relax, express yourself and forget about your day-to-day troubles. Take your pick.

I can almost agree with you on school (even then, it's a bad idea to skip school - you hardly learn much in a lot of schools and colleges, but you do need the bits of paper to show employers what you do know), but if you skip work to play a game, you should probably be fired for that.

The only exception is where you take an agreed break and use up some leave. But calling in sick when you're not actually sick is outright dishonest, and personally if I was an employer i'd fire anyone who pulled that stunt.

If you dislike your job, then you do have the option of trying to find a different one. Lieing to your employer about being sick is simply dishonest though.

By the way, I personally am unemployed at present and really struggling to find work due to my missing qualifications (sadly had to drop out of university for medical reasons), so it ****es me off slightly to see people who do have work taking it for granted.

Before anyone asks:
The few times I have been able to get short contract roles my pay has been spent on stuff like my PSP and PS3, which is how I can afford them.

NewBlade200
10-02-2010, 06:38 PM
not for the beta, but ill still make it home as fast as possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif , even if its a mile walk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif , and i have a 100 pound school bag on my back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif , and there is no buses at the moment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
the game however is another thing completly.
seeing as i have parents and school, ill execute my master plan.
mix a drink gone bad, some cheese, and cashew nuts (i get sick after those nuts). keep two bottles of that stuff at the ready. the night before moniter which parent will be awake at home while the other is at work, and keep them up until waaaay into the morning (5:00), so he wont be able to stay awake. drink some of the concoction before going into school. in an hour or 2 ill be getting sick on where my french homework will be (i HATE french class). ill give the school my moms work number. by this time my mom will have checked the post for the preiviously pre - ordered acb. she will deliver me home with the game, hand the mail to my dad, he'll fall asleep once shes at work. ill sneak to my room with the game. repeat after the weekend. the second ''attack'' at school will convince them to give me a couple of days off.
to think i do the exact same thing every year. I. am. overkill. incarnate. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

ThePheonix1030
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I didn't think it was that hard to just wait until your day is over and simply play once you arrive home all night.

Then again, I guess I probably have more patience than other people, or I'm just a goodie-two-shoes who's never skipped class for anything other than emergencies.

<sub>(not counting this week)</sub>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

NewBlade200
10-02-2010, 07:24 PM
You mad?!! You must play it the moment you sniff the box! Any wait must be filled with reading the manuel, or reading any pre - order bonus ie: The Codex thing that comes with the Codex Addition! I need to lie down...

blacktiger00
10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I am extremely annoyed at the fact that the beta starts on the first day back from school from the holidays. Usually I would just ask for the day off (only revision crap going on anyway), but I have a test.
Oh well, I can download it during the day so its ready when i get home. Hopefully I have a free last class so i can come home early.

GarethNelson
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
not for the beta, but ill still make it home as fast as possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif , even if its a mile walk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif , and i have a 100 pound school bag on my back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif , and there is no buses at the moment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
the game however is another thing completly.
seeing as i have parents and school, ill execute my master plan.
mix a drink gone bad, some cheese, and cashew nuts (i get sick after those nuts). keep two bottles of that stuff at the ready. the night before moniter which parent will be awake at home while the other is at work, and keep them up until waaaay into the morning (5:00), so he wont be able to stay awake. drink some of the concoction before going into school. in an hour or 2 ill be getting sick on where my french homework will be (i HATE french class). ill give the school my moms work number. by this time my mom will have checked the post for the preiviously pre - ordered acb. she will deliver me home with the game, hand the mail to my dad, he'll fall asleep once shes at work. ill sneak to my room with the game. repeat after the weekend. the second ''attack'' at school will convince them to give me a couple of days off.
to think i do the exact same thing every year. I. am. overkill. incarnate. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

How old are you?

Anyway, if you're serious then that's pretty screwed-up. Is it really worth being physically sick just to play slightly earlier? Really?

Xanatos2007
10-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
The only exception is where you take an agreed break and use up some leave. But calling in sick when you're not actually sick is outright dishonest, and personally if I was an employer i'd fire anyone who pulled that stunt.
There's no room in this world for honesty anymore, as I've made quite clear elsewhere.

If you dislike your job, then you do have the option of trying to find a different one.
You say that like they hand out jobs like candy.

By the way, I personally am unemployed at present and really struggling to find work due to my missing qualifications (sadly had to drop out of university for medical reasons), so it ****es me off slightly to see people who do have work taking it for granted.
Well... I'm unemployed too, if that helps. But I can't blame people for wanting to play videogames instead of going to work - work which, in all probability, they don't enjoy.

Before anyone asks:
The few times I have been able to get short contract roles my pay has been spent on stuff like my PSP and PS3, which is how I can afford them.
You blame people for skipping work/school to play videogames, yet all the money you make from work is spent on the very same thing? I see no contradiction there...

Except replacing time with money: "time is irreplaceable, but money's a good substitute."

EDIT: Not flaming, that's just the way I talk.

DarkicoN14
10-03-2010, 06:40 AM
guys its a game.... and i was only asking no need to go freakin bat sh*t crazy

TokyoDogz
10-03-2010, 07:32 AM
well i dont have school on mondays.. which is awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
so yes ill be playing AC Beta.

Mad_Fox84
10-03-2010, 08:40 AM
I can't believe that anybody would be willing to skip work/school for a game, let alone a beta.
Also I agree with the previous poster. I am also unemployed because of medical reasons and it does p*** me off that people who have a job take it for granted.

DarkicoN14
10-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by MaStA20:
I can't believe that anybody would be willing to skip work/school for a game, let alone a beta.
Also I agree with the previous poster. I am also unemployed because of medical reasons and it does p*** me off that people who have a job take it for granted.

well since im in school doesnt really apply to me much

Mad_Fox84
10-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaStA20:

well since im in school doesnt really apply to me much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
true but surely your education is more important than playing a beta a few hours earlier.

itsamea-mario
10-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Im sure that depends entirely on what his future career choice is, besides one or two days wont make you lose out on a lot, but it is much safer not to, let peeps do as they wish man.

(besides without stupid people, there would be no point being clever.)

Xanatos2007
10-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
(besides without stupid people, there would be no point being clever.)
That's probably the most insightful thing I've heard all day.

GarethNelson
10-03-2010, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarethNelson:
There's no room in this world for honesty anymore, as I've made quite clear elsewhere.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes there is, and most people value it quite a lot. Employers in particular tend to value honesty in their employees.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you dislike your job, then you do have the option of trying to find a different one.
You say that like they hand out jobs like candy.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I say that like it's not your employer's problem if you do not enjoy your job. You can always try to find other work. If you can't, then that's not your employer's fault and doesn't excuse you from your contract with them. I'm fairly sure no employment contracts include a "pretending to be sick to play a video game is alright" clause.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By the way, I personally am unemployed at present and really struggling to find work due to my missing qualifications (sadly had to drop out of university for medical reasons), so it ****es me off slightly to see people who do have work taking it for granted.
Well... I'm unemployed too, if that helps. But I can't blame people for wanting to play videogames instead of going to work - work which, in all probability, they don't enjoy.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't entirely blame people for wanting to do so, but I can criticise for actually doing it. I hate getting up early to take my son to school and would much rather stay at home and have a long lie-in (in fact the aforementioned medical condition is a sleep disorder that makes this like a mini daily hell).

You know what though? I'd be a terrible father to do that. Just like i'd be a terrible employee if I was working and lied to my boss about being sick just to play a game a little bit sooner.
What's wrong with asking for leave if you so desperately want to play on release day?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Before anyone asks:
You blame people for skipping work/school to play videogames, yet all the money you make from work is spent on the very same thing? I see no contradiction there...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not all of it, but large portions of it yes. Difference is I didn't neglect my duties in order to play games - I worked to earn the money and then spent it how I chose. That's massively different from lieing and essentially defrauding your employer.

I should also clarify that personally i'm one of those weird types who enjoys work. I've only ever worked as a programmer though because that's where all my skills lie. So perhaps there's a slight bias in my views.

Still, I say it's rather immature (at least - criminal at worst) to lie to an employer just to play a game a bit sooner.

Brotherhood is looking to be an awesome game, but it's still just a game. Go to work/school/whatever, think about it waiting for you at home and let the excitement build up if you want, but don't fake sickness over a game. It's not worth it.

DarkicoN14
10-03-2010, 11:46 AM
PEOPLE! it was a simple yes or no question if you dont like it dont respond

itsamea-mario
10-03-2010, 12:49 PM
being direct, is not a strong point here im afraid, anyway the answer is No, i mean i might miss a homework by accident, but for me taking the day off to play a game is way to far, besides, i wouldn't be allowed.

Black_Widow9
10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
It's a poll everyone. There are some strong opinions out there but let's keep it within the Forum Rules and respectful. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TangyCakes
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I would, except i have Holidays for another week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif