PDA

View Full Version : PC - Asssassins Creed Brotherhood delay

neveSteN
08-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Should I cancel my pre-order on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collectors Edition?
Rumors and with a bit of common sense will tell me that the PC release will most likely be released 6+ months after the Console releases.

With that question asked, if it really is true that Ubisoft will delay the release of the PC than I find that simply, pathetic.

Possible reasons for a delay:
Marketing -- I would be amazed and very suprised if that is the case.
Pirating -- Not like you can't pirate PS3 / Xbox360 games.

magesupermaster
08-31-2010, 11:48 AM
You could not pirate PS3 games, up until now...

And I think the PC delay would be about 3 months.

Murcuseo
08-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by neveSteN:
Should I cancel my pre-order on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collectors Edition?
Rumors and with a bit of common sense will tell me that the PC release will most likely be released 6+ months after the Console releases.

With that question asked, if it really is true that Ubisoft will delay the release of the PC than I find that simply, pathetic.

Possible reasons for a delay:
Marketing -- I would be amazed and very suprised if that is the case.
Pirating -- Not like you can't pirate PS3 / Xbox360 games.

You find the logic behind it pathetic purely because you're looking at it from a consumers point of view. Do you honestly believe Ubisoft would be doing this for no legitimate reason at all. I can guarantee you their intention won't be to alienate people, it may be a result of their decision but I'm fairly certain that's not the sole purpose behind it.

Personally I don't care when I get the game, I'm not the type to demand things on a here and now, I want it when they have it basis. Of course it would be nice for the PC release to be in line with consoles but that's just not how they're doing it.

Deal with it.

Also, your list of possible reasons for the delay is remarkably short and one sided.

neveSteN
08-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

And I think the PC delay would be about 3 months. I wasn't talking about the PS3 "specifically". I'm sure you got the point I was trying to make.
3 months is still 3 months. That's a long time for a Assassins Creed fan when everybody else is having a great time.

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
You find the logic behind it pathetic purely because you're looking at it from a consumers point of view. Do you honestly believe Ubisoft would be doing this for no legitimate reason at all. I can guarantee you their intention won't be to alienate people, it may be a result of their decision but I'm fairly certain that's not the sole purpose behind it.

Personally I don't care when I get the game, I'm not the type to demand things on a here and now, I want it when they have it basis. Of course it would be nice for the PC release to be in line with consoles but that's just not how they're doing it.

Deal with it.

Also, your list of possible reasons for the delay is remarkably short and one sided. Why wouldn't I be looking at it from a consumers point of view? I am the one buying the game, remember?

Personally I care when a awesome game, one of the best games which will hit 2010/2011 in my opinion, is delayed without a given date.
This just not affects me but the whole PC Gaming Community.
Yes there are still people who spend 500 or so every 3 - 6 months to upgrade their system to play the latest games, unlike those console fanboys.

There are people who download games for free, and the largest community for that is the PC.
Not like it isn't available for PS3/Xbox360 and more platforms however, should customers who purchase a game get punished for that? In my opinion, I find that pathetic yes.

Games will always get cracked, no matter what security you put in/on it.
Deal with it.

JonnyQuickShot
08-31-2010, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

And I think the PC delay would be about 3 months. I wasn't talking about the PS3 "specifically". I'm sure you got the point I was trying to make.
3 months is still 3 months. That's a long time for a Assassins Creed fan when everybody else is having a great time.

Deal with it.

Also, your list of possible reasons for the delay is remarkably short and one sided. Why wouldn't I be looking at it from a consumers point of view? I am the one buying the game, remember?

Personally I care when a awesome game, one of the best games which will hit 2010/2011 in my opinion, is delayed without a given date.
Yes there are still people who spend 500 or so every 3 - 6 months to upgrade their system to play the latest games, unlike those console fanboys.

There are people who download games for free, and the largest community for that is the PC.
Not like it isn't available for PS3/Xbox360 and more platforms however, should customers who purchase a game get punished for that? In my opinion, I find that pathetic yes.

Deal with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't tell if you are trolling or not, but anyway, calm down. (It's this way: V)

FaTaLMeTaL
08-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

And I think the PC delay would be about 3 months.

First i want to say is that i live in the center of Pirating

1-st xbox360 is the second of most pirating games if you haven't seen assassin creed 2 on xbox360 was out before the release date and like before a weak or so when halo reach was released Pirates already played it alredy and no one gived a damn about it they only baned the people who played it online and noting els.

2-nd there is a PS3 hack recently who a small amount of people know

3-th oh you know what from like 2007 when ac1 came out..i was waiting for ac2 and when ac2 came out for PS3 Xbox360 we the PC owners had to wait 6 months i was releaved that when the pirate protection have came out that i wouldnt wait again 6 months or 3 or what ever.

4-th I have been thinking that Ubisoft have benn paying the "crackers" (i dont wana say titles) to not release a crack .

Oh and like neveSteN said..We pc gamers have to pay to customize our PC-s. And again like he said "Games will always get cracked,o matter what security you put in/on it.

Murcuseo
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM

Deal with it.

I care aswell but I know ranting and raving about it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

As for your final statement, I've seen many people say the same thing over the last few months but the fact is, you can't make that claim. Not unless you can somehow see into the future. Just because you haven't come up with a way to stop piracy doesn't mean someone else won't.

Seeing as you've somehow managed to convince yourself that the delay is caused by piracy without having any proof whatsoever I won't butt my head againgst the wall. If someone holds their own opinions in such high regard it's pretty pointless debating with them.

Also, try not to start system/consoles wars. Threads get closed pretty quick when you start slinging statements like that around lol

neveSteN
08-31-2010, 04:35 PM
I care aswell but I know ranting and raving about it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

As for your final statement, I've seen many people say the same thing over the last few months but the fact is, you can't make that claim. Not unless you can somehow see into the future. Just because you haven't come up with a way to stop piracy doesn't mean someone else won't.

Seeing as you've somehow managed to convince yourself that the delay is caused by piracy without having any proof whatsoever I won't butt my head againgst the wall. If someone holds their own opinions in such high regard it's pretty pointless debating with them.

Also, try not to start system/consoles wars. Threads get closed pretty quick when you start slinging statements like that around lol Oh I'm not ranting and/or raving. Just voicing my opinion regarding the delay of the PC version.

No matter how hard companies try to get rid of pirated games, it won't succeed.
There will always be someone being able to find a small exploit which will do just fine.
Not even the National Security Agency (NSA) has a system against hackers / crackers. Those people will ALWAYS find a way in no matter what you do. Same goes with games.

Most likely the delay is caused by porting to PC and security measures. (RDM etc.)
Porting doesn't take 3 - 6 months. Yes I know what I'm talking about as a coder.
Marketing strategy? Not likely. Ubisoft scared due to the release of COD BO or Fallout NV? As said, not likely.
Most delays for PC are caused by piracy and it's security for it. Not like I'm making this up.

I would never start a pc/console war. They wouldn't last long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

bokeef04
08-31-2010, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Also, try not to start system/consoles wars. Threads get closed pretty quick when you start slinging statements like that around lol Oh I'm not ranting and/or raving. Just voicing my opinion regarding the delay of the PC version.

There will always be someone being able to find a small exploit which will do just fine.
Not even the National Security Agency (NSA) has a system against hackers / crackers. Those people will ALWAYS find a way in no matter what you do. Same goes with games.

Most likely the delay is caused by porting to PC and security measures. (RDM etc.)
Porting doesn't take 3 - 6 months. Yes I know what I'm talking about as a coder.
Marketing strategy? Not likely. Ubisoft scared due to the release of COD BO or Fallout NV? As said, not likely.
Most delays for PC are caused by piracy and it's security for it. Not like I'm making this up.

I would never start a pc/console war. They wouldn't last long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i saw in an interview, think it was with Vincent Pontbriand, he was asked about the PC release and he said that the PC version was at the same stage at this point and they weren't releasing a release date yet due to strategy, which could mean they aren't releasing a date yet as it may come out the same as the consoles or they may run into some error towards the end that requires them to delay it

and as a coder you should understand the effects different hardware and software has on a code, meaning something you code on your machine may not work on mine or behave differently due to different hardware, when you make something for the PS3/360 it is the same on every one, but when you try to do something on the PC you have to take into account OS(which version and is it 32 or 64bit), CPU, graphics card, RAM, Direct X version, sound card, other related drivers/software that could interfere with the game

also i find it strange PC people keep saying how they have to keep paying to upgrade their system to play the latest games, i bought my PC like 2 years ago and it cost $1600 for everything then and it still can play the new games, even plays some games a friends PC doesn't and he has a better CPU and graphics card then me

edit: just had a look, 500 euro = 700AUD thats almost half what my PC cost 2 years ago, there is no way i could afford to spend $1400+ just on having the newest and greatest parts for my PC when the ones i have will do fine

rupok2
08-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neveSteN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I would never start a pc/console war. They wouldn't last long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i saw in an interview, think it was with Vincent Pontbriand, he was asked about the PC release and he said that the PC version was at the same stage at this point and they weren't releasing a release date yet due to strategy, which could mean they aren't releasing a date yet as it may come out the same as the consoles or they may run into some error towards the end that requires them to delay it

and as a coder you should understand the effects different hardware and software has on a code, meaning something you code on your machine may not work on mine or behave differently due to different hardware, when you make something for the PS3/360 it is the same on every one, but when you try to do something on the PC you have to take into account OS(which version and is it 32 or 64bit), CPU, graphics card, RAM, Direct X version, sound card, other related drivers/software that could interfere with the game

also i find it strange PC people keep saying how they have to keep paying to upgrade their system to play the latest games, i bought my PC like 2 years ago and it cost $1600 for everything then and it still can play the new games, even plays some games a friends PC doesn't and he has a better CPU and graphics card then me

edit: just had a look, 500 euro = 700AUD thats almost half what my PC cost 2 years ago, there is no way i could afford to spend $1400+ just on having the newest and greatest parts for my PC when the ones i have will do fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you know that it is easier to code for PC than for consoles? Coding is done on the PC, the game is made on the PC first and then made into a console title. Yes I understand that Pc's have different hardware, but PC has much less work due to less optimization, and higher performance ceiling. On consoles you hit the ceiling at some point and have to fix that and that and that, until everything is balanced, if not there are fps issues among other things. On PC if there is performance issues, someone can easily lower the settings or get better hardware, also patching things in pc is much easier.

Assassingeok
08-31-2010, 08:27 PM
I admit im upset from a consumer point about the PC delay. (im a PC gamer)Ubisoft has to be delaying the release for a good reason. Think of it this way why would they delay a release and get money slower maybe even less when it can be released earlier and get money faster maybe more?

rupok2
08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Assassingeok:
I admit im upset from a consumer point about the PC delay. (im a PC gamer)Ubisoft has to be delaying the release for a good reason. Think of it this way why would they delay a release and get money slower maybe even less when it can be released earlier and get money faster maybe more?

LOL they delaying it so that pirating doesn't hurt console sales. No not a good reason, but to make more money. They not doing this for us, its all for their benefit.

phil.llllll
08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by rupok2:
LOL they delaying it so that pirating doesn't hurt console sales. No not a good reason, but to make more money. They not doing this for us, its all for their benefit.

Not a good reason but it's always about their benifit. It's not like there's some altruistic purpose behind their releases.

Yapster11
08-31-2010, 10:59 PM
If you truly do have to spend that much to upgrade your PC so you can play the latest games then you might as well just buy a console. Would cost less than one of your "upgrades" and would be much longer lasting.

This is based off of the assumption that you are telling the truth.

neveSteN
09-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Yapster11:
If you truly do have to spend that much to upgrade your PC so you can play the latest games then you might as well just buy a console. Would cost less than one of your "upgrades" and would be much longer lasting.

This is based off of the assumption that you are telling the truth. Why would I buy a console? I got a gaming rig.
When playing games, hook it up to my RCA 47" and I'm good to go. That will beat any console out there and when not playing games I can actually do something with it instead of letting it eat dust.
I don't see myself playing COD Black Ops with a controller. Auto aim much? lol!

As a coder myself, I tend to enjoy modding games whenever I feel like doing so.
I don't need DLC's for 800 MS Points. (Whatever currency that is they made up for money, sounds like Monopoly)
The whole DLC crap has been blown to pieces with the console players. Proven fact: They will buy ANYTHING what gets released.
DLC: Features kept out of original game to sell in pieces later on. Deathly marketing.

Oh and don't try and compare pc versus console. It will be a painful death.

bokeef04
09-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by rupok2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neveSteN:

edit: just had a look, 500 euro = 700AUD thats almost half what my PC cost 2 years ago, there is no way i could afford to spend $1400+ just on having the newest and greatest parts for my PC when the ones i have will do fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you know that it is easier to code for PC than for consoles? Coding is done on the PC, the game is made on the PC first and then made into a console title. Yes I understand that Pc's have different hardware, but PC has much less work due to less optimization, and higher performance ceiling. On consoles you hit the ceiling at some point and have to fix that and that and that, until everything is balanced, if not there are fps issues among other things. On PC if there is performance issues, someone can easily lower the settings or get better hardware, also patching things in pc is much easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what would you suggest my friend does so he can play the games of his that i can but he can't considering his PC actually has a better CPU and Graphics card then my PC?

rupok2
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:

Did you know that it is easier to code for PC than for consoles? Coding is done on the PC, the game is made on the PC first and then made into a console title. Yes I understand that Pc's have different hardware, but PC has much less work due to less optimization, and higher performance ceiling. On consoles you hit the ceiling at some point and have to fix that and that and that, until everything is balanced, if not there are fps issues among other things. On PC if there is performance issues, someone can easily lower the settings or get better hardware, also patching things in pc is much easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what would you suggest my friend does so he can play the games of his that i can but he can't considering his PC actually has a better CPU and Graphics card then my PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Update his drivers. When graphics cards are too new, they get beta drivers that have a lot of problems. The NVIDIA Fermi 400's series for example have yet to have good drivers that work for everyone. My source is nvidia forums where there are so many topics asking for help because drivers don't work well. Its not always the game developers fault because when they made the game the particular gpu or series wasn't out yet. NVIDIA has to fix that problem not the game developer.

Yapster11
09-01-2010, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yapster11:

This is based off of the assumption that you are telling the truth. Why would I buy a console? I got a gaming rig.
When playing games, hook it up to my RCA 47" and I'm good to go. That will beat any console out there and when not playing games I can actually do something with it instead of letting it eat dust.
I don't see myself playing COD Black Ops with a controller. Auto aim much? lol!

As a coder myself, I tend to enjoy modding games whenever I feel like doing so.
I don't need DLC's for 800 MS Points. (Whatever currency that is they made up for money, sounds like Monopoly)
The whole DLC crap has been blown to pieces with the console players. Proven fact: They will buy ANYTHING what gets released.
DLC: Features kept out of original game to sell in pieces later on. Deathly marketing.

Oh and don't try and compare pc versus console. It will be a painful death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, the only time auto aim does anything is when someone is camping in the bushes and you can't see them.

Secondly, what else could you possibly need such a PC for besides gaming? A regular PC should suit you for your other needs. Really, the only time you would need a PC like that would be for games like WoW that are only on the PC. And i have a PC and my ps3 situated in my room so I can play and if need be do other things like YouTube or whatever.

I'm just telling you a way out if you don't want it don't take it but don't complain.

Mr_Shade
09-01-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't think there is much point in making assumptions about why the PC version is delayed...

It unfortunately is.. so we ALL have to deal with it - I am a PC gamer too..

I can see some of you think it's due to maximising profits, and IF it was that reason, which it may not be, I think that's a decent enough one?

Games do cost money to make, so if they want to recoup some, then it's understandable no?

I don't know the real reason for the delay, so anything else is just speculation.. so I am locking this thread, since the debate is turning into a 'lets go pirate a game' thread..