PDA

View Full Version : Connection question!

fb_black
09-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Can someone tell me is adsl 384/64 connection OK for PF!? I am asking because I have noticed that my ping in some other online games is very high!? Even higher than while I was using ISDN!
I have adsl from yesterday so I could be wrong...

Kuna15
09-07-2005, 05:49 AM
It is enough be sure. You will be able to play good with that connection. Also the power of your PC is what matters when it comes to online play.

fb_black
09-08-2005, 01:35 AM
It seems that we are both from the same region!?
Ili grijeŇ°im!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rnzoli
09-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by fb_black:
I am asking because I have noticed that my ping in some other online games is very high!

Some things you can try.

Set your network speed in IL2 for 28 or 56 kbit/s modem, in order to ensure that your bandwidth will fit the pipe all the way to the game host.

Quit other programs before starting IL2. Automatic virus database updates and patch downloads interfere severely with gameplay.

Excessive ping can occur also when the host (server) connection is overloaded (i.e., the section between the online game host and the Internet). Try the server when less people are on it.

You may also want to test your ADSL modem with some large file download & upload to ensure smooth data transfer. AFAIK ADSL is adaptive, so it can throttle down data transfer rates under electrical interferences, instead of blocking the transfer completely.