PDA

View Full Version : IL2 and PF to play online

dave071
01-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Just seen IL2 FB in a store, after reading the ever-heldful forums it seems the best way to play on-line is to have IL2 and PF in order to get maximum enjoyment online. My question is do I need to have the ace expansion pack as well and will the 3.03 patch only work if I have the expansion or will it install with just FB.

Thanks again

dave071
01-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Just seen IL2 FB in a store, after reading the ever-heldful forums it seems the best way to play on-line is to have IL2 and PF in order to get maximum enjoyment online. My question is do I need to have the ace expansion pack as well and will the 3.03 patch only work if I have the expansion or will it install with just FB.

Thanks again

9th_Bloodfist
01-04-2005, 07:44 AM
nope you have to have aces expansion for it to work, the good news is that you can pick up Forgotten battles and aces expansion in whats called the gold pack. It retails for about $30 and you can find it in most any game retail outlet.

dave071
01-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for that, but not available in the UK.

Ritter_Cuda
01-04-2005, 08:27 AM
contact "EB games" I just bought the gold pack for 23.00 shiped thats 19.99 + shiping from EB games. sorry i lost there web site but a goggle should work
Cuda

Supr
01-04-2005, 09:12 AM
the gold pack includes Fb and AEP, you'll still need to buy PF to install on top of that. And yes, thats the only way to go if you want to play online

dave071
01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
So the packaging on the box is wrong when it says play online at Ubi.com. Isnt that a little misleading or are Ubi intending o put a server up when they decide too.

Troll2k
01-04-2005, 01:44 PM
You can play online with just Pacific Fighters as a standalone install.(Same box.2 installs)Although there are only a few servers running this type of install.

The same holds true for Forgotten Battles.You can play that on line without having AEP(Ace Expansion Pack)or Pacific Fighters.However you will be hard pressed to find but a few servers running that version.

I would say that 95% of the people fly using the merged version.That is Forgotton Battles+AEP+Pacific Fighters+3.03m patch.

Both Hyperlobby and Ubi.com have primarily these types of servers.

However if you are patient and keep looking you can occassionally find a standalone Pacific Fighters server or a Forgotten Battles only server at both locations.

So yes you can fly online with just pacific fighters and yes you can fly online with just Forgotten Battles.It is just there are not too many of these servers around as most have installed the merged version.(they are not compatible)