PDA

View Full Version : Animus Time

davo1270
10-22-2010, 12:35 AM
I was just wondering, how does the Animus interpret time into the real world

like if Altair and Ezio are roaming around Italy and doing missions throughout several days, how does Lucy or Vidic see them?

Are the events that Lucy and Vidic see through the Animus sped up?

DeafAtheist
10-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Quite simply years go by in Ezio or Altair's time in the Animus while Desmond is actually only accessing it for a few hours. The reason for this is time cuts. We don't see every single moment of Ezio's or Altair's lives. We only see the parts that are important for Desmond to experience.

Puppet627
10-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Um, are you asking if the Animus sessions are in real time..?

If so, I think they are.
Of course they can skip certain bits as shown in AC1 but I think the more important memories are in real time, they wouldn't want to miss a single detail.

Twostein
10-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Quite simply years go by in Ezio or Altair's time in the Animus while Desmond is actually only accessing it for a few hours. The reason for this is time cuts. We don't see every single moment of Ezio's or Altair's lives. We only see the parts that are important for Desmond to experience.

plus the amimus can fill in time spaces, so while the real ezio and altair probably spent weeks for the investigation and searching their targets, the animus filles in these spaces, so desmond always know where to go.
at least that's what i think

maybe Inception's 20 times faster dream time also plays a role, but since it's not par of AC, it doesn't really count and is not confirmed