PDA

View Full Version : Iceman, others, Oleg even... FM accuracy vs Aircraft accuracy

M_Gunz
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Iceman you were saying about realism of the FM in general terms, we have simulation that flys
more realistic than others, if I understand correct.

However each plane, if the real one climbs or turns at different rate then can we say that
it really handles as a real one would if the rate is 10% or more different? Perhaps a loaded
Plane X is still similar enough to not loaded Plane X to dismiss the difference or not?

Hope you see what I am getting at, I don't know which way counts more if 10% faster flat turn
really makes so much difference over turn time correct but still does not fly like one at all
in places like:

You are the ONLY one simulating beyond maximum alpha flight behaviour to this level of realism.

When I fly whatever I have they way it is against whatever there is I do find immersion.

I doubt that it was any different in history for the pilots except that by numbers only
the planes were different and climbing faster or slower must mean easier or harder to do
some moves and limits were correspondingly different then so must the feel.

Perhaps "flies realistic" and "flies historic" will meet some day in the same sim. But how
completely important is the second over the first to actual aero pilots?

M_Gunz
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Iceman you were saying about realism of the FM in general terms, we have simulation that flys
more realistic than others, if I understand correct.

However each plane, if the real one climbs or turns at different rate then can we say that
it really handles as a real one would if the rate is 10% or more different? Perhaps a loaded
Plane X is still similar enough to not loaded Plane X to dismiss the difference or not?

Hope you see what I am getting at, I don't know which way counts more if 10% faster flat turn
really makes so much difference over turn time correct but still does not fly like one at all
in places like:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You are the ONLY one simulating beyond maximum alpha flight behaviour to this level of realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I fly whatever I have they way it is against whatever there is I do find immersion.

I doubt that it was any different in history for the pilots except that by numbers only
the planes were different and climbing faster or slower must mean easier or harder to do
some moves and limits were correspondingly different then so must the feel.

Perhaps "flies realistic" and "flies historic" will meet some day in the same sim. But how
completely important is the second over the first to actual aero pilots?