PDA

View Full Version : Chatbox problem

Murilo007
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello, i posted it at Community Help with a lot views and no solving, thats why i am posting here:

" Guys i need a help.

I was flying and went to move and expand the chat box, in an online room.
the chat box became locked in the 9th chatline, i can expand to the left and to the right but cant restore the chatbox to upper position and it avoid me to see the chat in game.......... i tried alot of things, pasting the backupped conf.ini, reinstalling the game and nothing worked to get back to default situation........os is the unfortuned VISTA.

thanks in advance for any help to this issue.

BTW pointing and dragging aroun the chatbox didnt solve the problem."

Wildnoob
10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
with me something similary occuried, but I reinstall the game and the problem was fixed.

sorry for not could help you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

VW-IceFire
10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I think I need to see a picture of this to give some advice on how to fix it. Reinstalling the game seems a bit over the top to fix something like this unless it truly is stuck in a position. Usually thats not the case but...can we see a picture?

MaxMhz
10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Open conf.ini with notepad, and check you have the following:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

[chat]
region=(dx=0.6925,dy=0.071666665,x=0.0,y=0.0)

</pre>
If it's not there or has other values, paste the above in. These are the default chat window dimensions.
make sure to use save and not save as...

[EDIT] Just looked up your posting in the help forum... Make sure Vista really writes the conf.ini - it is very picky to writing ini files under c:/Program Files/

You will need to be logged in as Administrator and have all privileges. Shutting down the blasted UAC altogether could help too - see link in my sig on howto.

Murilo007
10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for support fellas.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x90/lbrmolders/Problema.jpg

Krt_Bong
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
The more I see/hear about problems in Vista, the more I really think Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ.