PDA

View Full Version : Can't install on Mac G4

Nnumber6
10-09-2004, 08:52 PM
I have a PowerMac G4 (Mirrored Doors) purchased 12/02, with a SuperDrive (Pioneer DVR-104, Firmware version A227) that came with it.

I was performing a complete installation with disk 1, got to 42%, and was asked to insert disk 2. I attempted to eject disk 1 with the keyboard eject button, and no ejection. I tried dragging the disk from my desktop to the trash, and no ejection (although the disk icon disappeared from my desktop). I know my computer can recognize disk 2 (because I tried before installing), but I can't even get a chance to put disk 2 in the drive.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? Thanks in advance.

Nnumber6
10-09-2004, 08:52 PM
I have a PowerMac G4 (Mirrored Doors) purchased 12/02, with a SuperDrive (Pioneer DVR-104, Firmware version A227) that came with it.

I was performing a complete installation with disk 1, got to 42%, and was asked to insert disk 2. I attempted to eject disk 1 with the keyboard eject button, and no ejection. I tried dragging the disk from my desktop to the trash, and no ejection (although the disk icon disappeared from my desktop). I know my computer can recognize disk 2 (because I tried before installing), but I can't even get a chance to put disk 2 in the drive.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution? Thanks in advance.

BulaRae
10-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I have a G4 iMac from early 2003 and I had the exact same problem. I just grabbed the folder and trashed it and tried the install again and it worked fine.

Nnumber6
10-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, I had tried several times before posting this topic, with no success. So I tried again after you post, Bula, and it worked. So I don't know what happened. The only thing I did differently this time was to click on the desktop to make Finder active (when prompted for disk 2), and then dragged the DVD icon to the trash, and the drive popped open.
Thanks for renewing my hope, Bula.