PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little confused

DJBare
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
It's normal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I spent most of the game building a full assassination team, but I have to face Cesera alone?, what was the point of building the team?

DJBare
04-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Just as I thought.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Me too..

slamming the T key shouting "dirty lousy deserter bastids,wheres me assassins"

this made me think the end was rushed as hell and things were just cut out to try and make it a lil harder.

phil.llllll
04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I think it should've been possible to call them to hold the massive waves of guards off but really the whole point of the last sequence was a final showdown between him and Ezio and really I wouldn't have had it any other way.

DJBare
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I think it should've been possible to call them to hold the massive waves of guards off but really the whole point of the last sequence was a final showdown between him and Ezio and really I wouldn't have had it any other way. It just seems pointless to me, so far their only use is either contracts or killing some guards while in free play, the contracts seem a waste of time because I can get everything I need from treasure boxes or looting dead body's, it's fun to call them occasionally to wipe out some guards, but gets old fast.

DarthDeva
04-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by DJBare:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I think it should've been possible to call them to hold the massive waves of guards off but really the whole point of the last sequence was a final showdown between him and Ezio and really I wouldn't have had it any other way. It just seems pointless to me, so far their only use is either contracts or killing some guards while in free play, the contracts seem a waste of time because I can get everything I need from treasure boxes or looting dead body's, it's fun to call them occasionally to wipe out some guards, but gets old fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, recruits prove to be useful in certain missions to maintain cover or eliminate multiple enemies quickly with arrow storm.
Also, contracts become a cash cow and help you get a lot of money early in the game.

From the POV of the story, Ezio has always been a lone wolf(more an eagle though) and has a certain grudge against Cesare. He kinda leaves Roma into his assassins' hands as he says to Leonardo that he built the creed to stand on its own even without him. And in the game's timeline it's absolutely the last action Ezio ever does, even after the Da Vinci Disappearance. So it makes sense that Ezio went away leaving the assassins without him to continue their tasks.

I had fun using my guild to take out patrols :P

Also note that the war machines missions, taking place outside Rome, don't let you use the assassins

El_Sjietah
04-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Your assassins are all based in Rome, so whenever you leave Rome, you can't call them in. It's not like you have a band of assassins following wherever you go.

You can't use them on any Leonardo mission either.

Razrback16
04-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah I think they really missed an opportunity to have a really great ending. While I think the battle with Cesare in Viana on the top of the castle was well-done, the lead-up was bad as far as forcing you to use the apple in combat and preventing you from using your assassin recruits. That was a huge whiff by the mission designers. I also hate how they forced all the missions to be played one after the other after the other there at the end, especially since The DaVinci Disappearance rightfully fits in between the time when Cesare is arrested and when you go to kill him.

The rest of the game was pretty awesome though.

DarthDeva
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
Yeah I think they really missed an opportunity to have a really great ending. While I think the battle with Cesare in Viana on the top of the castle was well-done, the lead-up was bad as far as forcing you to use the apple in combat and preventing you from using your assassin recruits. That was a huge whiff by the mission designers. I also hate how they forced all the missions to be played one after the other after the other there at the end, especially since The DaVinci Disappearance rightfully fits in between the time when Cesare is arrested and when you go to kill him.

The rest of the game was pretty awesome though.

Yeah the way it forced you to advance to the last mission wasn't well appreciated. I would have liked to complete da vinci disappearance before the final confrontation.
I had fun using the apple though, but I missed my assassin's when the other allies come fight beside you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I would have loved to see a big battle, my twelve dear recruits - whom I trained from novices to elite assassins - fighting beside me and my allies in front of Roma's gates trying to take Cesare down.