PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed and counter kill

Thorvas
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey there. Recently I bought Assassin's Creed for PC, and I'm at memory block 5. I just killed Sabrand but something bothers me. I know games are supposed to get harder but this is just annoying.

Before, Altair used to counter KILL, but now all he does is counter the attack, and kick or punch the enemy. It's insanely hard to kill guards and I'm spending ages on small battles. Also, he hardly dodges too now. Could anyone illuminate me on this fact?

Angel Fire
12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I feel your pain. I two don't like the counter kill in AC2 - it is making it a pain in the arss to get the 19 guards with out taking any hits. A friend who is good at this game spent 3 hours trying to get this achievement and walked away from the game. Won't pick it up again.

Grandmaster_Z
12-02-2009, 11:31 AM
^thats pathetic that someone would quit over an achievement. lol

younas456
12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
i think it's kinda fun and the moves is cool i dont say it's hard :P

mojsarn
12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
^ that and the fact that he is meaning the first game, thorvas, use the dagger o counter with hidden bladehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ALTAIRXEZIO
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
AC 1 Combat was super easy... Counter Kill was mostly the most effective way to kill someone...

i used to take down armies in AC1 with my short blade without getting hit.......

Im glad they upgraded the combat system and made it harder in AC2.... yet it is still easy... its alot more strategic and there is many other ways you can kill someone then counter

ProjectXigis
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I got the "no-hitter" achievement after about two hours then deciding on my tactics.

As for the original question, I don't think there is a very valid explanation. They just crank up the difficulty on counter kills. The only permanent solution is using the Hidden Blade.

Ratherrin
12-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Gah.

The counter animation brought up by the TC drives me absolutely bonkers crazy mad. What I loved about the original was (first, parkour and then) the sweet combat animations in which Altair handed out some serious justice. The complete flair in his combat style and sweet camera angles made me drool well until AC2 came out.

It makes me so angry that in a game full of countless AWESOME counterkill animations, when you don't kill them there is simply ONE animation. Attack-block-punch-attack-block... okay... counter a second time... did he die this time?... No?... attack-block-punch-atttajweofifjawiefo.

I just found it very frustrating because it makes the fight with armored guards very flat and HOLY BANANA CHIPS does it make the boss battles suck.

Even when Altair didn't kill an enemy he had at least 5-6 animations where he punched or kicked them, and even if they all had similar effects, they were at least different. I mean, when they were developing AC2 if you got five bucks every time they said "variety", you could very well slap Bill Gates in the face with your money clip.

Looking back, I've realized this is quite a whiny rant. Allow me to conclude by saying I LOVED AC2 and I really enjoyed all the new things they brought to the combat system. I just feel like that repeated animation stuck out like a sore thumb.

I think this problem was exacerbated by the fact that in almost all of the combat after the first two hours of play follows a strict formula of having a hundred of the weak guards and two or three of the armored guards. And as soon as you kill anyone all the weak guards (those that you can kill in a fun, flashy manner) are GONE like a lightning bolt and you're just left with the armored guards who you can either repeat that animation over and over again or you can just dodge and mash attack... which is not what made the combat appealing in the first place.

SWJS
12-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Well said Ratherrin. I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

I also agree about the No-Hitter achievement. It is the ONLY acievment I don't have.

And the special moves? Useless. When trying to get the Messer Sandman achievement, by the time Ezio even started to reach for the ground to scoop up some sand, I got hit by 5 different enemies, and then when I tried it again, a brute decided he wanted to play Whack-A-Ezio.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

enz0ablo
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
getting the no hitter achievement is pretty easy
i got it by having a bunch of guards chase me then throwing a smoke bomb and then double assassinating them