PDA

View Full Version : Always seems to be a storm now :(

Silmar
03-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Never able to man the deck anymore, always seems to be a storm even though it seems calm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Hate using more than one torp on a solo merchant. Even tried ramming one..lol...

DocMcCoy
03-19-2005, 06:50 AM
i noticed that too.

My journey lastet 2 Weeks and I always had "15" storm. And no matter where I went, the ****ing storm followed me. That's not very realistic.

Nomble
03-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Yeah, tried to man the flakcannon to take down a small aircraft but they could not man it!

It's not even near the waterline.

Dutch_vn38416
03-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Well the Atlantic has been known for its ****ty weather so what can I tell you, they didn't like it back then either no sense in making the game clear sailing if it wasn't always......

meibaum
03-19-2005, 07:09 AM
had the same problems last night.
constant storm all over north atlantic
couldnt use deck guns or flak guns at all
ran outta torps, had to watch huge cargo ships get away... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

quillan
03-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Started my career on 1 Sept 1939. It's currently 6 Dec 1939. I haven't had one single day yet where the sea was calm enough to use the deck or flak gun.

banzai_alex
03-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey, how long was the time period you were playing in? The whole battle for convoy O.S. 15 or something was plauged by a hurricane. The whole north sea was a boiling cauldron! Maybe it will eventually recede after a few days.

quillan
03-19-2005, 07:21 AM
I was at sea from 1 Sept to 28 Sept on the first patrol, and from 28 Oct to 6 Nov on the second. That makes it 38 consecutive days of rough seas for me.

banzai_alex
03-19-2005, 07:33 AM
O well. I personally dont have the game yet. Ill be getting it through mail today. Sorry. I was just saying. Ever been through a hurricane? Its rough. I was at Ocean City when one hit. We went out onto the beach, the waves were really rough, but there was barely a cloud in the sky, or not for a while. Sand and water were whipping up everywhere. It would sting ur legs. U sure ur not actually in a storm and the waves are high? It doesnt have to be storming for high waves. We had some crystaline days with really high waves. I couldnt go out on my board. Some guy even got arrested for going out. Another guy nearly drowned.

quillan
03-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Hehe. Trust me. I'm 39, and I live in south Louisiana. I know EXACTLY what a hurricane is like.

jeroenrepk
03-19-2005, 07:49 AM
On which part of the atlantic are you hunting?

I have been on the atlantic south of Ireland, and even when the weather is calm the ship moves heavely. Without stabilised (which I do not know if WOII deck guns where) guns there is no way you can hit a target.

I am not saying, allways having a storm is realistic, because it is not. But I am just pointing out that even in fair weather the ocean waves can be huge.

schurem
03-19-2005, 09:00 AM
No its not unrealistic indeed to be unable to man the deck gun in stormy weather. What is unrealistic however, is the fact that the storm never goes away. Also, I'd like it if the point at which the weather precludes deck gun action were lowered a tad more, allowing the gun crew on deck in just a little rougher weather than they can now. I mean, c'mon these are the kriegsmarines toughest leathernecks, they aint no pussies who shy away from a little chop!

Pr0metheus 1962
03-19-2005, 09:10 AM
I just had a mission where the weather was supposedly pretty yet it wouldn't let me man my deck gun. Maybe it's because I'm in a Type II.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-19-2005, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by schurem:
No its not unrealistic indeed to be unable to man the deck gun in stormy weather. What _is_ unrealistic however, is the fact that the storm never goes away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely. The weather doesn't seem to be able to change easily, and as anyone who's ever taken a sea journey knows, weather is very changeable.

SS.DJSatane
03-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Sigh I hope something is done about this, beacuse if we are unable to use deck gun even when there seems to be no real waves or storm never goes away that's VERY DISSAPOINTING. It lowers the fun factor for a game.

malkuth
03-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Maybe you guys should try lowering the Time Compression for a little while, Maybe running at 1024 all the time is not clearing the weather properlly.

Might be something to try.

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 10:45 AM
When you ask the Navigator for a weather report, could he manage to give a forecast as well? I don't know if it was realistic, but a barometer was likely standard equip on any naval vessle.

Another nice thing would be a weather log to track storm trends.

G-like
03-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Has anyone tryed manning the guns before you even pull out of port and travel with them out. I wonder if it is too stormy inside the port????

Worth looking at....

bootysnapper69
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I think you should be able to man any gun at any time at YOUR risk. If you want to throw a crew to man the 88 during the storm, fine, but you would run the risk of losing the crew overboard or they could get injured.

i think this should be an option as well that one could toggle on/off.

i like the weather forecast idea and weather logs.

Dominicrigg
03-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Maybe its due to the fact its winter in game, i said this before we should wait till it gets to summer and then check. The sea is very rough round england in winter, nearly all the time. I got a few days of calm enough to use the deck gun but not many which in nov-dec is realistic.

I save my judgement till summer. Remember firing a cannon on a rolling deck is imposs, its one of the reasons they were taken off, they were mainly only of use in teh caribean, coastal waters or med (i can use mine near keil nearly all the time)

If anyone has got to summer yet their input would be nice.