PDA

View Full Version : Private sandbox mode in MP?

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 06:50 AM
I was thinking that we could have a private, or public sandbox mode...
AI Guards would be patrolling:
Florence,
Venice,
Rome,
Other Cities,
Or diferent districts of the larger cities...

There would be less population because it would just lag up the place IMO.

There should be a map to locate your friends in a private map or randoms in public.

The goal of the game is to muck around, free run with your friends, harrass civilians and slaughhter large groups of guards in group fights...

Each player should start of with about 1 quarter of thier maximum recorces and, depending on the rules (Infinite cash, limited cash)you will have to find shops to buy more supplies...

Each player is invincible depending on the settings(Invincible againsed friends, against public, or both).

I think this mode idea is the perfect way to have fun with your friends.

I hope there is something like this in ACB. http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 07:04 AM
I like most of what you're talking about here. I think that if the players or the person who started the map (if you have to start up the map to meet in) has control over invincibility of players, resources, ect., then that would be GREAT. No time limit, no constant need to go out and find your kill before you get killed.

Yeah, that would be fun and would also work in a logical sense. There won't only be times where you're having to assassinate a contract. I'm sure these people we're playing as had friends and would just have fun moving around town time sometimes.

I agree. I think they should have a mode like this.

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 07:25 AM
I agree with you that the game creator should control the settings and the map.

I would just like to get a group of friends and just free run around the place until we find a chalenging group of guards to stealthily assassinate or brutaly slaughter.
If someone plays for too long and dies there should be a respawn point at a view point or an important building.

Some people would get board before others so if there is a free spot open, and you set the rules to allow public in, someone who selects "public game" will be directed to that server.

I think that viechles should be optianaly enables in some maps.
E.g. venice would have 3 flying machine spawn points.
Rome would have several tank spawn points.

Parachutes should obviously be enabled and put in the shops(1 at a time)

And gondolas should also be put in the maps aswell as horses.

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Yeah. I like that. That sounds pretty cool. It doesn't precisely fit the "Templar assassins in training" bit, but I don't really care enough about that to have it shoot down the possibility of having this type of MP mode.

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 07:48 AM
"Assassins in training"
There, Easily fixed.

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Unfortunately, that's not what the Dev team said... but I like your version better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rene_Led
09-26-2010, 10:23 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Like Red Dead Redemption's Free Roam....but Assassin version....Yes that would be awesome!</span>

zorak112
09-26-2010, 10:41 AM
me wants!

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 10:44 AM
I think it's like GTA4 Online aswell?
I wouldn't know though.

sm312
09-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Dude this would be epic! It would make all my MP friends want to get this game!

You sir get a cookie!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please resize your picture to meet Forum Guidelines.</span>

SlimeDynamiteD
09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Any possability we can stop posting the HUGEOMGWTFBBQ cookie and post small ones?

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 11:05 AM
If this dosent get into the game I will get realy angry...
Thanks for the cookie man! Should past
me a good year.

itsamea-mario
09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
This is funny, i was thinking about this this morning, and considering bringing it up on here, i dont think it's too bad of an idea, although potentially full of flaws.

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 07:38 PM
A short explanation is its the Assassins creed world, But you can have your friends in it...
'Nuff said.

EzioAssassin51
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
You are the first person to make free roam sound good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
A short explanation is its the Assassins creed world, But you can have your friends in it...
'Nuff said.

Indeed. And it does just sound awesome. Maybe they could even work in the sword fight duels to add yet another feature. But that may be too much, as the sword fights may not be a feature they can get right for MP).

tyrce111
09-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Indeed. And it does just sound awesome. Maybe they could even work in the sword fight duels to add yet another feature. But that may be too much, as the sword fights may not be a feature they can get right for MP).

Indeed.
Lag is a massive problem that is sometimes unsolvible, especialy in such a diverce universe as the AC World.
Duels wouldnt work because of the lag and the precise timing it takes to counter, dodge, or disarm.

EA51, Thanks for the comment.
I might start a poll.

(EDIT)
We dont want 20 Ezios running around the place...
We need a customisation interface sortof like HALO.
There have already been comments on this lagging up the place because the server would need to load up every individual.

The customaization would be to choose.
Gender.
Skin.
Hair.
Clothing.
Age.E.g. 17-20, 20-30
Size.E.g. Small, Average, large. (this varies you speed.

Armour.Heavy armour, Light Armour, No armour, Brute armour.
Weapons.Hiddem blades are automaticaly activated, Supplies like throwing knives can be baught, You can pick a primary and secondary weapon.

Theme.Clans could use this and make everyone pick a midnight blue theme witch would colour there clothes and armour in a certain colour scheme E.g. Midnight blue=Dark Blue+Black+Dark Grey.

primerib69
09-27-2010, 12:00 AM
isnt heavy armor the same thing as brute armor

tyrce111
09-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Heavy armour is like steel or iron.
Brute is like 4 layers or iron.

zorak112
09-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Me wants even more!

primerib69
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Heavy armour is like steel or iron.
Brute is like 4 layers or iron.

so how is it possible to even move in that hahahahaha i mean like modern juggernaut suits are manuverable but like....4 layers of armor? thats like asking me to ride 4 longboards stacked on top of each other

tyrce111
09-27-2010, 01:25 AM
The point of that armour is to make them less mobile, slower, incapable of freeruning and basicly have a way higher defence.
Say you had a couple of assassins in your clan, then one big brute to just waddle around destroying everything in his/her path.
He's a front line guy.
But, if this online mode makes it to the game,
The armour is completely optional.

Vanquished Void
09-27-2010, 04:27 AM
The point of that armour is to make them less mobile, slower, incapable of freeruning and basicly have a way higher defence.
Say you had a couple of assassins in your clan, then one big brute to just waddle around destroying everything in his/her path.
He's a front line guy.
But, if this online mode makes it to the game,
The armour is completely optional.

Like rainbow sex Vegas, where if wear more armor u can take more damage but u go slower.

tyrce111
09-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Yes
There are many games with the same thing.
For example...
Call of Duty-if you carry a large weapon it slows you down.

zorak112
09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/An_assassino/8223276511efebd248a192ble7.jpg

Yea... :-D

extrememuffin
09-27-2010, 09:23 AM
i think having tank in free roam would be a VERY bad idea

tyrce111
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Okay, I don't realy see the point of it either, I wouldn't mide if there was a game mode pike this and they didn't include the tank.
Every one has an opinion.
IMO I am contributing way to much to this thread.

Nagol3000
09-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I think it should be like you can created a game join it with you and your Creed and other Creeds or Just players can join, Plus you can fight them...but have it like others said, CUSTOMIZABLE people, what weapons they use, what skin they have, how old they are and so on.

Roakeru
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
good ideas tyrce111...i guess multiplayer like RDR will work perfectly...i would also like to see co-op..imagine introducing new assassins from different countries like Spain(they already confirmed you will get to travel to Spain but probably just a linear mission),France,England,Portugal,Germany,Greece etc,every assassin with specific clothes and moves
...i think 2 player co-op will be enough but i don't know ho would they "justify" the other assassins...maybe this mode will be other events in Ezio's life not present in the memories...and if the major missions from the singleplayer wouldn't be playable at least random missions ,assassinations contracts etc,or even create a new side story just for the co-op..i think this will work great and besides you will want to play the other assassin's as well not just Ezio

Mr_Shade
10-11-2010, 10:18 AM
If this dosent get into the game I will get realy angry...
Thanks for the cookie man! Should past
me a good year. I personally wouldn't...

Not every suggestion can make the game - else it may end up a 'mish mash' rather than a solid game..

Suggestions are just that, suggestions - the Developers have firm ideas on what they want to achieve and are working hard to make it happen..

Nothing wrong with posting ideas.. but please don't start to get upset over them.

tyrce111
10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm just saying that it should be considered to be in the game because as far as I know lots of people pike and want this mode to be in the game and the devs should do the smart thing by going with our idea or one that is almost the same.

Mr_Shade
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I just don't want people to be upset - should that mode not appear in the game..

After all - we have under a month left now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

davo1270
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I just don't want people to be upset - should that mode not appear in the game..

After all - we have under a month left now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

they could make it as a dlc for future release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HoIcon
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
This could be immensely epic

BlademasterO
01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Great Idea, but can we Disable Invincibilty, and Toggle Unlimited / Limit or Disable Abilities, this would be cool too, and you can toggle player sets, too,

GOOD IDEA, : )