PDA

View Full Version : Lookin familiar......

assassinezio7
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
All of dealings ancestors look exactly like him.
I know that they should look like him cuz they are his ancestors
But seriously 1000s of years u would think features would be a little different
I don't know if that is ubisoft tryin to be creative or lazy
But I still love the series.
~~~~ Assassinezio7

chizzy12
01-11-2011, 04:29 PM
They use the same model for each of them..forget his name. just wiki it

Krayus Korianis
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Who is this "dealings" and why have I not seen him before?

ILIKESOUP94
01-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by chizzy12:
They use the same model for each of them..forget his name. just wiki it

His name is Francisco Randez (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Francisco_Randez)

Mr_Stunner
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM
The funny thing is how Ezio's father looks nothing like Altair

Ass4ssin8me
01-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
Who is this "dealings" and why have I not seen him before?

My words taken right out of my mouth. Is dealings our next Assassin? Do we get to play as a SlumLord my the of Mr. Dealings?

Eziolala
01-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Dealings?... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

maglaromuna
01-12-2011, 08:10 AM
christ sakes people, dealings is a word not a name.

mojsarn
01-12-2011, 08:14 AM
The animus is projecting Desmonds ancestor so that they look like him, it was the explanation for it that I read somewhere

bkb34
01-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I would have to imagine that there's a much more significant reason for them all looking the same. They all have even had identical/matching scars, as well and we know that Ezio did actually have the same scar. So I don't think it's just the animus projecting them as Desmond, but that they actually do all look very much alike, if not exactly the same as each other. Also, I recall Minerva and the Codex pages that Altair wrote speaking of "how history repeats itself", so look into that however you'd like...

Abeonis
01-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by maglaromuna:
christ sakes people, dealings is a word not a name.

So why include it in the opening sentence as a name then? There is no-one called "Dealings" in the games, as far as I know at least.

Mr_Stunner
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
AHAHAHA. Desmond is Altair & Ezio with amnesia and the Animus is a lie it only read the subject's memories

itsamea-mario
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by mojsarn:
The animus is projecting Desmonds ancestor so that they look like him, it was the explanation for it that I read somewhere

I don't think that's right. i mean they don't look 'exactly' alike. also changing facial features would sort of not work. a different shape that did not fit with what is supposed to be there would mean that parts of the face would appear not to be there, yet would have physical properties, if you know what i mean?
Also there would be no need, these are memories, they don't need to alter it for compatibility.

And Mr_Stunner, You are an idiot.

Mr_Stunner
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Jeez chill out I was j/k.
But I heard that theory that the ANimus Projects the ancestor's face just like the users. And IMO it would make more sense than the great great great great grandfather would have a similar face to the grandson

Abeonis
01-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Stunner:
But I heard that theory that the ANimus Projects the ancestor's face just like the users. And IMO it would make more sense than the great great great great grandfather would have a similar face to the grandson

Erm, no. It makes perfect sense for a great-great-grandfather to have a similar facial structure to the latest descendant; it's call genetics...

All the Animus does is read genetic memories, it doesn't have the capacity to "project the ancestors face" or whatever rubbish you think it does.

DavisP92
01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
LOL, all the ancestors are meant to look alike. if u want them to have different qualities then just look at ezio. He has different hair and facial hair. other then that, it cool how it is.

Ass4ssin8me
01-13-2011, 04:24 AM
On a serious note, I think its because of the DNA. Since the Animus uses the user's DNA, to project memories it makes them look alike. Or it could be some weird thing, to do, with Desmonds ancestory been chosen to save the, world but isn't important to the story... I don't know.

However Ezio, seems to look somewhat differn't, and we do see how he got his scar.

Mr_Stunner
01-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Stunner:

But their not supposed to be that similar having like 10 generations between them...

Erm, no. It makes perfect sense for a great-great-grandfather to have a similar facial structure to the latest descendant; it's call genetics...

All the Animus does is read genetic memories, it doesn't have the capacity to "project the ancestors face" or whatever rubbish you think it does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr_Stunner
01-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Stunner:

All the Animus does is read genetic memories, it doesn't have the capacity to "project the ancestors face" or whatever rubbish you think it does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But theř aren't supposed to be that similar having like 10 generations between them...
Their DNA must be very different

Abeonis
01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Stunner:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

But theř aren't supposed to be that similar having like 10 generations between them...
Their DNA must be very different </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if the genes responsible for their facial structure were consistently dominant. In that case it is entirely possible for them to look similar to one another.

itsamea-mario
01-13-2011, 02:06 PM
DESTINY!!