PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Thunion
01-31-2011, 09:05 AM
With exception of words "there gonna be repution" ubi hadnt sayed a word about it.right? I mean i really would like to learn more,if i have skiped somthing please notify me.If no then for the gods sake ubi update ur website,1 or 2 month left and website is half complete...

Xenofex_086
01-31-2011, 09:15 AM
You haven't missed anything, we simply have no clue what this reputation thing is just like we have no clue about whatever gameplay-related element you pick. Apparently such information could lead to the collapse of some government (Sarkozy?) and that's why they are keeping it top secret.

Thunion
01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
well the thing i hate is they on website half of information is " coming soon" its ok for some gamers mod whos mod dont have realease date,BUT not for official game company who have theyr game realed in 1 or 2 months.But anyway as i havent missed anything lets make disccusion whow in your oppinion reputation is gonna work.Personnaly i think it maybe somthing like you get reputation either with you own city or with varius groups like necromancers and you hero gets advanced class for it.Or it can be repuation with neutral groups and as you for the advanced classes to.Apart from advanced classes dont have any idea what reputation may give to the game.

wdcryer
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I remember reading something about having choices in campaigns. Maybe the choices you make affect your reputation, and that in turn affects what your goals are on each map. I assume it's more than that, but we don't have much to go on yet.

Thunion
02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Hmm it may be true..But it means then reputation will be companing only...in which i wish to doubt.
I hoped we will get more infor after recent official website maintaince..but there is nothing new at all...

Zanosan
02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I'd like to see reputation tied into in game choices. Like how many times a heroe will surrender or flee in battle. Or how many battles one with Kill to Losses ratio. How many big battles/ quests completed and so on. With these "reputation" attributes, it would then determine, certian skills, leadership bonuses... or even total army size a hero can command http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I mean even a heroe should gain experience from escaping battles. The more a heroe flees the better one should get at it hahaha, just like some RPG games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Thunion
02-03-2011, 03:09 AM
Nice idea Zanosan i think they should make alots of choices to count.Lets say such clasical choice:Fight,Join,Run for creatures.If you Fight when they run you get reputation of Mercless,if you let them run mercful.If they join you agree you get "diplomatical" and so on..Also implement more choices:Like ability to give you army away for money,and so on..

Dergos
02-03-2011, 03:13 AM
something as instead of sir robin, you would become know as sir robin the brave

Bravely Robin ran away, (No!)
Bravely ran away, away. (I didn't!)

When danger reared its ugly head,
he bravely turned his tail and fled. (No!)
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about (I didn't)
And gallantly, he chickened out.

Bravely taking to his feet, (I never did!)
He beat a very brave retreat, (Oh, lie!)
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin. (I never!)

Thunion
02-03-2011, 03:18 AM
I FOUND:Somthing new about rep..i dont know if its tru but it says we have at first 2 clases:mage and warior.Later we get reputation and can be death,life,neutral and later you get advanced class(life mage.Neutral warior etc.) so there will be 6 clases..i found it in russian site
http://heroes.ag.ru/h6/
anyone can confrim/deny it?

The direct translate would be:"and the depending on reputation hero can chose one of alligments(Life death neutral)"

wdcryer
02-03-2011, 09:02 AM
That's a great FAQ, Thunion. Google translate makes me chuckle a bit, though:

If you beat off to his castle in the process of conversion, the conversion will stop.

Thunion
02-03-2011, 09:24 AM
heh thats why my teacher of english hates google tranlator so much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.But well glad you liked it,russian is my native so no problem reading it for me lol.It seems this FAQ is reliable to judging from recouces.So we know that reputation is Life/Death left to learn how to increase it.And i dont sense logic for necropolis to increase rep with Life for example.

Nightmus
02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Life may stand for healing and buffing, Neutral may provide with summoning capabilities and control (mind control, create/destruct obstacles and such) and Death hero may specialize in destruction and debuffs/curses. Life aligned necropolis heroes may animate dead instead of healing.

MMXAlamar
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Sounds like Ubi is working on an improvement of the reputation system introduced in Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven, of course modified for the Heroes series.

In MM6, your reputation starts off at 0 (Average) and can fluctuate from -1500 to 1500 (Despicable to Saintly). The benefits offered by rep in MM6 were slight, though Saintly reputation was required to learn Master Light Magic and a Despicable reputation was required to learn Master Dark Magic.

Other than that, reputation affected who would talk to you without begging, bribery, or threats. It also acted as a measure of your noble and evil deeds, for example, stealing the Candelabra from the Abandoned Temple of Baa gives you negative reputation, while donating to local temples gives you up to Respectable (200) reputation.

I think it is a wonderful idea that Ubi is going to redesign and incorporate the reputation system into Heroes VI. This is the first I've heard of it, but I know it can be developed way more than it was in the M&M RPGs.

Zanosan
02-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh MMXAlamar, I hope BlackHole is not creating a reputation system as you suggested. That would mean only "Propagandistic" characters are will use Light Magic and "Antagonistic" characters are allow to use "Dark Magic". I am hopping HoMM6 is an amoral world where heroes aren't limited to simple "Evil" = certian types of skills and "Good" = certain types of skills.

Devs, Please make this reputation feature intersting!

MMXAlamar
02-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Zanosan:
Oh MMXAlamar, I hope BlackHole is not creating a reputation system as you suggested. That would mean only "Propagandistic" characters are will use Light Magic and "Antagonistic" characters are allow to use "Dark Magic". I am hopping HoMM6 is an amoral world where heroes aren't limited to simple "Evil" = certian types of skills and "Good" = certain types of skills.

Devs, Please make this reputation feature intersting!
Oh no, I'm sure he's not. What I mentioned is an old reputation system introduced in (not Heroes) Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven over 10 years ago.
It was actually a lot of fun to gain and lose reputation and explore the different rep categories. However, regarding Dark and Light Magics in MM6, you could go from good, to evil, to good, to evil as you pleased, gaining mastery level in both Light & Dark. Clerics were multi-alignment and had the power of good and evil to use at your will. This changed when MM7 was released, and you could only choose one path and become a Priest of Light or a Priest of Dark.

I think having both magics make it more fun!

GoranXII
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
i dont know if its tru but it says we have at first 2 clases:mage and warior.Later we get reputation and can be death,life,neutral and later you get advanced class(life mage.Neutral warior etc.) so there will be 6 clases I heard a rumour a while back that sounded like that, but it was pretty vague, so I didn't really know whether to trust it.

Valen-Teen
02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I think that your reputation will change when you'll kill good or bad faction creatures - and be neutral for killing neutrals! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Thunion
02-04-2011, 03:11 AM
I think that your reputation will change when you'll kill good or bad faction creatures - and be neutral for killing neutrals! Razz
It would actualy work but it needs more advanced system and some creatures wouldnt be plain good or plain bad .It would be cool if we would have somthing like lots of swordsman (Thugs) Lots swordsman(Independant army) And lots of swordsman(Wolf(Or any other)Duchy) Respectively they are bad/neutral/good.
However homm never gived to much attention to simple not alligned creatures so i dont think they ging ti do that now.

Zanosan
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
NEWS!!! Some info about reputation system!

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com...3524&ct=tcm:6-231-32 (http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-GB/news/details.aspx?c=tcm:21-13524&ct=tcm:6-231-32)

Quick Points:

1 Heroe's action in game such as choosing to pursue or hold back on fleeing target affect a Heroe's Reputation for Blood or Tears.

2. Blood Or Tears will grant access to different advance classes and abilities.

3. Campaign story will be affected by reputation choice.

4. Not about "Good" Vs "Evil" YAY!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Nxss
02-23-2011, 11:45 AM
I think it is going to work out well. I never did see the point in chasing down a group of people you could beat for no reason. Of course letting them leave bare gave you exp.

The way that they are doing it now really makes a difference. Chase them, blood. Leave them, tears. As this affects how your hero upgrades, it should bring a whole new strategic feel.

As for the good v evil thing, no matter how you put it, it still sounds that is what is going to be like. You can call it fire v water and it is still going to be the same thing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now, release the game!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TarponCrest
02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I think the reputation system will be a great success!!! I like it's RP potential yet still leaves the strategy core of the game very much real.

I think that the stage should be left open for creativity using this system (at least using the map editor) Example I can see this as a way to "earn the use of specific high level spells, feats/abilities/ units etc).

I also wish there will be a way to expand in this class advancement so that a hero can multiclass by reaching the thresh hold of both blood and tear so one can choose the already proposed choices or to multiclass in both with penalties for such feat a sort of hybrid.

If this system is well revived by the strategy only players it could finally put RPG and strategy one step closer to an accepted synergy.

I sure hope some thought is given into giving us players the ability to edit what such system awards when it pertains to the map editor as we create our own campagns and maps.

One other thing my friends and I have been speaking about the how this new reputation system could be enhanced is to have a way for the heroes to mix/breed with units and heroes of any race to produce a unique (random created unit) unique to that heroes "DNA"(advancement) the blood and tear score as well as advanced class advancement determines the success of such with each faction, class, etc. The idea of being able to create unit upgrades unique to what you have created in game sure puts a whole new spin to strategy no one game would ever be the same strategy or rpg nor would any hero ever quite be the same nor command a predictable army in epic levels...

Thanks for making such a great game can't wait to see this possible game of the year released!

Spiralkill
02-23-2011, 10:38 PM
One other thing my friends and I have been speaking about the how this new reputation system could be enhanced is to have a way for the heroes to mix/breed with units and heroes of any race to produce a unique (random created unit) unique to that heroes "DNA"(advancement) the blood and tear score as well as advanced class advancement determines the success of such with each faction, class, etc. The idea of being able to create unit upgrades unique to what you have created in game sure puts a whole new spin to strategy no one game would ever be the same strategy or rpg nor would any hero ever quite be the same nor command a predictable army in epic levels...

I really like this idea will definitely add another dimension to the Blood Vs Tear system. I don't see it coming till 1st (or 2nd) expansion though... think about it they have to create 14 additional units for each faction (basically doubling the amount of units they have right now).

mcgslo
02-24-2011, 12:42 AM
sounds good...

but i fail to see how is this not good vs. evil http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zanosan
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Howdy Mcgslo,

The way I interpret the offical Q&A on Reputation not being "Good" VS "Evil". Is reputation is about character development and personality types.

A villain can be the Tear hero who decided to wait and calculate a next move, possibly letting someone off so to use he/she again in the future but then only to have he/she be the villainís own down fall.

Or a protagonist who shots first and ask questions later, sticks to one's own instincts even if they world thinks such a person is blood thirsty.

I just hope the game will include other ways to manipulate hero reputation other than just simply choosing whether to go after fleeing enemies or letting them go.

Like it the battlefield, if the game could keep track of how often you choose to wait, defend, or act as stats to adjust if a Hero could be blood or tears type.

Also, include choices made in bonus selections, Attack or Defense +2?

The possibilities are there, I really hope the developers and Ubisoft will implement this well. Think outside the box please!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

andthenitends
02-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Nxss:
I never did see the point in chasing down a group of people you could beat for no reason.
For necromancy, easy skeleton archers.

Nxss
02-26-2011, 06:37 PM
OK, you have a point andthenitends. If you are not a Necro though, you get basically nothing. The blood and tears way can make a huge difference and I like it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

H5forem
03-23-2011, 02:30 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/en-GB/images/Reputationtcm2114641.jpg