PDA

View Full Version : need help with il2 online

BBC_Viper_XO
09-28-2007, 10:55 PM
i downloaded the IL2 1946 today.Went thru all the UBI online stuff.I updated to the 4.08v & when i click to go into a room it says

Please note that patch 1.22 for IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles has been released.
- In order to play online you will need patch 1.22 or higher.

- Download the patch by clicking here:
- http://www.il2sturmovik.com/games_elts/fb_updates.php
- or for further information please visit the official IL-2 Sturmovik website.

It also says ::You can't join or create rooms for this reason :
IL2:FB Dogfight not installed.

Did we buy the wrong game or something?Please help as id like to play online....

Skycat_2
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
No, you have found a very old patch. If you are at 4.08 that is the highest version of the game.

The IL-2 series used to have software that could automatically connect you to Ubi's online server. The 1946 game didn't include that software so Hyperlobby has become even more popular for online dogfighting. Just download the free client software. I have outlined the full procedure in my "Updating the 1946 DVD" thread that is linked in my signature. You can also find a direct link to Hyperlobby in my sig.

BBC_Viper_XO
09-29-2007, 12:26 AM
well that link doesnt work!!!The rest of them you have work fine cept that one!!!

Skycat_2
09-29-2007, 12:35 AM
The Newcomer's Guide is a thread at SimHQ forums. SimHQ is highly visited and very important site within this genre. They sometimes close down to do maintenance, and sometimes they are down for technical reasons. Check back later.

Hyperlobby is working right nwo. Download the client (http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2) and install it. The 1946 game is supported by Hyperlobby's Forgotten Battles area.

ViktorViktor
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
It's been several months since my first time online, but your problem may be that you are selecting the wrong room.

YOU NEED TO SELECT THE FORGOTTEN BATTLES ROOM. Not the IL2 room.