PDA

View Full Version : sharing codex content

polo-i-3
11-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Me and my brother got the codex edition for PS3 and we thought it was going to be a download letting it be shared for every user on the PS3 system but unfortantley it wasn't so, so since my brother owns more he redeemed the code first ingame and now I can't so I ask is their a way to let me gain acces to this aswell ause it sucks that I helped pay and now I only get the game instead of extra content thats right there starring me in the face. I thought maybe if my brother signs in to his Uplay account and then if I sign in to his account if the content will be transferred by the Uplay account

any ideas or suggestions

tyrce111
11-22-2010, 02:18 AM
I guess you could log into the same PSN account and try and enter the same code...
As for the Uplay...
Trying it out wont hurt...

polo-i-3
11-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Why is it no one understand what I'm saying when I say "INGAME" it wasn't a psn unlock code and also I have my own PSN account so I couldn't even switch users but if it was a PSN download it would be shared I didn't have to ask this but the Uplay I'm going to try it as soon as my brother actaully remembers his account or atleast uses mine instead

Blackglasswar
11-22-2010, 03:21 AM
i know it sucks but why don't you just create a new game save on your bro's account. There are 3 slots available and the content should be available to you then.

polo-i-3
11-22-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm more concerned about the MP content and me and my bro don't share saves no way no how but the thing that bothers me is say your PS3 (or whatever platform) breaks how would you get that content back wich jsut lets me feels there must be some way to share or atleast transfer the codex content

KingMathers
11-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I also bought the Codex Edition (for Xbox 360, though) but I am in exactly the same situation.

Normally, exclusive content is delivered by giving you a code which (in the case of Xbox 360) you can just redeem in the Dashboard. That means that every user on that console will have acces to it and even if the console breaks or you use another console, you will be able to download it again as long as you keep your profile (which you can also download).

However, ACB content seems to be tied to your Uplay account. That means it can only be used with one account (which really sucks in my opinion).

Concerning getting it back when you use another console, I don't think this would be a problem because your Uplay account it linked to a Xbox Live oder PSN account.

polo-i-3
11-22-2010, 10:48 AM
so what your saying is that maybe the Uplay thing will work cause my brother isn't even loged in to his Uplay account yet and he can play the codex content so if my bro sign in to his Uplay account the content may be assigned to that account then I can just log in to my bros Uplay account on my game and then play it

if this doesn't work I'm going to ubi support to see if they have suggestions

KingMathers
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
I am not really sure on this because I don't have a PS3 but I guess the Uplay integration is pretty much the same.

The thing is that one Uplay account can get linked to inly one PSN and one XBL account as far as I know.

Hence if your brother logs into his Uplay account (or creates a new one) using his PSN account, you will not be able to use his Uplay account (and hence the content) with your PSN account. You will have to create a new Uplay account or use an existing one, but it will be a different one.

So the only way to use the content would be to use your brother's PSN account, which means no trophies etc. for you.

I know this is really stupid and I already contacted Ubisoft Support and asked if there was any solution but they said they could not do anything.

polo-i-3
11-23-2010, 01:44 AM
well I tried the Uplay thing and it didn't work I don't know if I did something wrong or what,but I did contact Ubi support still waiting for an email, but if what your saying is true there is no hope for me

polo-i-3
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
OK so got Ubi support and they told me if I use the same PSn account it willl be ingame or at downloads, but what do they mean downloads like PSN downloads cause I don't see a downloads thing at the game menu