PDA

View Full Version : Was browsing the Il-2 root folder...

Romanator21
10-16-2010, 06:09 PM
...trying to fix a couple lines in the server-messages such as the infamous "X has <span class="ev_code_RED">beed</span> captured by the opposing force..." when I stumbled upon some of these:

{0} sends {1} spinning out of control
{0} hits {1} hard!
{0} spun out!
{0} stalls.
{0} burdens {1} with a body in the gunner seat.
{0} silences {1}''s gunner.
{1} chokes on {0}''s bullet!
{0} scores a headshot on {1}!
{1}''s chest is blown open with {0}''s 30mm shell.
{1}''s chest explodes like an overcooked sausage. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
{1}''s rear end is no more.
{0} sets {1}''s engine on fire.
{0} gives {1}''s "cockpit heater" a new meaning.
{0} scores a direct hit on {1}''s fuel tank.
Nice shot, {0}!

Soo.... Why don't we see these on the servers? Just "So and so has lost a wing, has rendered so and so's controls unusable..." Were they somehow removed from the game?

danjama
10-16-2010, 08:21 PM
I suppose it's due to server settings.

VW-IceFire
10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
I believe some of them are unused or not called by the game code... I've seen these in the .ini files before but I've neer seen them appear.

You can go in and fix the infamous spelling mistakes as well if you'd like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Romanator21
10-17-2010, 12:37 AM
That's what I did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Well, as to why they aren't called by the code seems a mystery to me. I guess they were just too morbid for some of the players (Although I still often see, "X was fried in his plane.." etc)

Tully__
10-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Some of the more graphic ones only get displayed to people with "HighGore" set to 1 in conf.ini.

Romanator21
10-17-2010, 12:16 PM
...If you have the Russian, and not the international version, I assume.

Xiolablu3
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I seem to remember that the original IL2 used to have some funny messages like that when you hit another player, but I dont remember those exact ones you posted there.

I remember something like 'X was turned extra crispy' when someone burned to death.

Romanator21
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
I think it was "toasted" or "roasted" extra crispy and I still see it on servers - it's just as ghoulish as any of those others.

There are also some AI radio transcripts which I don't ever see. Maybe some changes in code over time caused a bug which makes it impossible for these phrases to appear? Apparently there was a patch which caused the rudders of some planes to not work, or to work the opposite direction of the input. It wouldn't be impossible for those texts to disappear as well, right?

Aviar
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Some AI speech was simply accidentally left out by the programmers, as mentioned by Oleg himself on the yellow forum:

"Yes, some are missed and even not used comparing to original first Il-2. With the changes of AI in time some speeches in Il-2 were forgotten by other than original AI programmer. I told him many times, but it wasn't corrected. Just in several cases for the speeches was correction comparing to original complex and some time random AI speech in Il-2."

Aviar

jensenpark
10-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

You can go in and fix the infamous spelling mistakes as well if you'd like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

are you serious?

I've beed using the new pronunciation for years now in everyday life.

Romanator21
10-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Some AI speech was simply accidentally left out by the programmers, as mentioned by Oleg himself on the yellow forum:

"Yes, some are missed and even not used comparing to original first Il-2. With the changes of AI in time some speeches in Il-2 were forgotten by other than original AI programmer. I told him many times, but it wasn't corrected. Just in several cases for the speeches was correction comparing to original complex and some time random AI speech in Il-2."

Thanks Aviar, makes sense.