PDA

View Full Version : With all due respect..who developed the....

Jetenginedr
11-08-2004, 08:28 PM
1) Voices for wingmen...when did Richard Simmons fly in WWII??? ~so glad you can join us!~ ,~Great Shot!~,too-de-loo fellas! eegad!

2)Props? Take a look out the window of a bomber at the prop huds. * warning do not drink while attaching prop assemblies onto engine crankshafts..they may be slightly off kilter*

or

alignment of individual blades onto the P-40 hub,spinner from side view while running engine.Now that'll make a vibration!

or

3)P-40E missing engine cowling "hump" while in cockpit view..all you see is spinner outside forward windscreen.

Even so...this is one heck of a sim..very nice.

Just a few things that made me laugh..no complaints

noshens
11-08-2004, 08:49 PM
propellors in a-20 and b-25 are off center so much too, should produce lots of vibration

Blackdog5555
11-08-2004, 08:59 PM
I agree about the voice. The got a guy with a big husky voice and the Americans get a flaming twink. He sounds about 15. And i hope he has his hands out of his pockets when he is talking about "our little friends" Good Shot , now is is going to H..E.. double hockey sticks. Goodey Goody.

KarmaT0Burn
11-08-2004, 09:21 PM
The US pilots voices bring to mind the people that I might be playing online, not the men that actually flew the planes. I would swear one of the US pilots has a touch of an asian accent. ****!

The new Japanese set is nice and the Brit and Aussie sets are great as well. All of the other sets are fine for that matter.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Maybe I should get to work and put together a replacement set for the US. I have a Kiwi in my squad, he'd be great for voiceovers.

Athosd
11-08-2004, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KarmaT0Burn:
The US pilots voices bring to mind the people that I might be playing online, not the men that actually flew the planes. I would swear one of the US pilots has a touch of an asian accent. ****!

The new Japanese set is nice and the Brit and Aussie sets are great as well. All of the other sets are fine for that matter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do like the Aussie exclaimation if you shoot a friendly. "That's a friendly, you B@stard!!!!"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fennec_P
11-08-2004, 11:05 PM
If I recall correctly, the American voices were done by a 3rd party.

Not real voice actors, and thus nowhere as good as the German, Russian or Japanese voices.

Tater-SW-
11-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Also, when the american planes get deployed in echelon, they say "ek-elon"

tater

killer2359
11-09-2004, 01:19 AM
I think you'll find the "wobbly props" are deliberate in order to create a sense that they are rotating - sort of like the wheels on vehicles in Operation Flashpoint (ie. all are eccentric and rotate off-centre but the sense of rotation is unmistakeable).

sapre
11-09-2004, 02:38 AM
Actually, from an opinion from guy who lived in Japan for 8 years, Japanese voices in PF is piece of cr@p. I was really disappointed with this. it totally lack the immersion and it seems to me that 1C hired a non-Japanese, maybe Korean or Taiwanese who can speak Japanese for the voice.

Alexi_Alx_Anova
11-09-2004, 02:40 AM
The sound engine, let alone the actual samples in the whole IL2 series have always been a joke. For instance, I doubt that any of the guns are actual samples of live fire, just synthesized on someone's casio. And then we had the bioinic hearing of pilots who could hear engines a few kilometers away! The sound engineer at 1C must be Oleg's cousin or some other relation, as he/she wouldn't last a day in other software companies.

Alexi

Athosd
11-09-2004, 06:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexi_Alx_Anova:
The sound engine, let alone the actual samples in the whole IL2 series have always been a joke. For instance, I doubt that any of the guns are actual samples of live fire, just synthesized on someone's casio. And then we had the bioinic hearing of pilots who could hear engines a few kilometers away! The sound engineer at 1C must be Oleg's cousin or some other relation, as he/she wouldn't last a day in other software companies.

Alexi <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sound engine is not fantastic but it is serviceable, and on the whole does quite a good job. Why so vitriolic?

GerritJ9
11-09-2004, 10:20 AM
What PF really needs is a Dutch speech pack!!!!!!!!

Extreme_One
11-09-2004, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GerritJ9:
What PF really needs is a Dutch speech pack!!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patience my young Padawan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am listening to some early stuff right now!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck_Older
11-09-2004, 12:49 PM
It's a known fact that the US armed services only accepted big, husky men with masculine deep voices from the years 1941 to 1945.

It was a bonus if you could sing in unison as well.

Watch any WWII propaganda film from Hollywood for proof

As far as the guy who played Audie Murphy in that film, I can't believe they cast that little guy as Murphy! Everyone knows the real Audie Murphy was 6'2", 230 lbs of fightin' muscle with a voice as low as the Marianas trench

/sarcasm<off>

nickdanger3
11-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Just googled this:
"A brief description of each crewmembers responsibilities will demonstrate the capabilities and power the B-17 posed. The Pilot whose average age was 21 was both the handler of the bomber and the crew. He was in charge of getting the bomber and the crew to the target and returning it home safely."

That's average age. Maybe those teenage sounding voices aren't so off after all....

SeaFireLIV
11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

As far as the guy who played Audie Murphy in that film, I can't believe they cast that little guy as Murphy! Everyone knows the real Audie Murphy was 6'2", 230 lbs of fightin' muscle with a voice as low as the Marianas trench

/sarcasm<off> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a coincidence, yesterday, a m8 of mine was saying how he watched an american film with Audie Murphy actually playing as himself! Now he isn`t a massive American film fan (especially Hollywood ones), but he said this was actually really good! And he never normally watches b/w films either!

I`ll have to watch it one day.

1.JaVA_Hornet
11-09-2004, 01:53 PM
I am fully agreed with the dutchman.

Why not a dutch soundpack??

greetings from
Rotterdam
The Netherlands

DuxCorvan
11-09-2004, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Athosd:
Over the Hills and O'er the Main,
To Flanders, Portugal and Spain,
The Queen commands and we'll obey
Over the Hills and far away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I told you once, I like the music of that song -it was used by John Pepusch in John Gay's 1728 'Beggar's Opera'- but, ¿do you really need to use such an anti-Spanish lyric as your sig? Don't forget that in times of that queen, Portugal and Flanders were part of the Main -the Spanish Main- and that looks like Drake's cry of war... How would you feel if I signed with a song about taking the Isles in name of Philip II? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Athosd
11-09-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Athosd:

As I told you once, I like the music of that song -it was used by John Pepusch in John Gay's 1728 'Beggar's Opera'- but, ¿do you really need to use such an anti-Spanish lyric as your sig? Don't forget that in times of that queen, Portugal and Flanders were part of the Main -the Spanish Main- and that looks like Drake's cry of war... How would you feel if I signed with a song about taking the Isles in name of Philip II? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tune is "Over the hills and far away" - it was the marching song of the 95th Rifles (Light infantry) - who fought to liberate Spain from Napoleon's tyranny.
All good marching tunes have a long history with good and bad associations. However I cannot see it being a bad thing that it also played a part in the defense of reason.

Does it really offend you that much or you just yanking my chain?

Salute

Athos

dragonhart38
11-09-2004, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackdog5555:
I agree about the voice. The got a guy with a big husky voice and the Americans get a flaming twink. He sounds about 15. And i hope he has his hands out of his pockets when he is talking about "our little friends" Good Shot , now is is going to H..E.. double hockey sticks. Goodey Goody. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God awful that voice I must say. Sounds like a real wiener....

KGr.HH-Sunburst
11-09-2004, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Extreme_One:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GerritJ9:
What PF really needs is a Dutch speech pack!!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patience my young Padawan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am listening to some early stuff _right now!!!_ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

a Dutch speechpack and NEI campaign would make PF really complete IMO
maybe one day...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

beepboop
11-09-2004, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

As I told you once, I like the music of that song -it was used by John Pepusch in John Gay's 1728 'Beggar's Opera'- but, ¿do you really need to use such an anti-Spanish lyric as your sig? Don't forget that in times of that queen, Portugal and Flanders were part of the Main -the Spanish Main- and that looks like Drake's cry of war... How would you feel if I signed with a song about taking the Isles in name of Philip II? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of politically correct moron are you? Not to mention grossly ignorant, stupid and snivelling. Even if your presumption of nationalism were correct - which it isn't - your ridiculous hippie "let's not offend anyone ever" views are as risable as they are ill-informed.

The song refers to the Peninsular War, where British troops fought to expel the tyrant Napoleon from Spain. It is not in any way anti-Spanish.

But let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that it was. Big friggen deal. Nations fought wars in the past, and, here's news to you, half of them lost. That gives the victors the right to write the history books and songs. So, if your little piss-ant country got thrashed by the British then occupied by the Frenchies it's hardly surprising that there're songs that refer to it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Captain Hippie.

Athosd
11-09-2004, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by beepboop:
What kind of politically correct moron are you?..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill beepboop, Dux is an okay guy. And he's right about the origin of the song - the Queen refered to in the verse is Elizabeth 1 (though no doubt the tune itself predates the words). The British monarch at the time of the Peninsular War (1808 - 1814) was George III.

It was adopted by the 95th Regiment of Foot (Rifles) as their marching tune. Very apt, I feel, for a regiment that so often fought and died in foriegn fields.
They altered the chorus to include King George instead of "The Queen".

For that reason alone I'll update my sig to the Peninsular War version http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (that association being the reason I chose it).

Cheers

Athos