PDA

View Full Version : cant get level flight

tonedog2005
12-29-2005, 03:49 AM
ive got my joystick buttons configured with left and right buttons rudder (not full rudder) and up and down elevator trim. ive also tried aileron trim but the same thing happens. do some planes not have aileron trims? how do people trim their aircraft?

is it possible do de-sensitize the joystick buttons so that 1 press has a smaller effect?

Waldo.Pepper
12-29-2005, 04:30 AM
do some planes not have aileron trims?

Yes.

how do people trim their aircraft?

You don't!

Is it possible do de-sensitize the joystick buttons so that 1 press has a smaller effect?

Buttons? Not that I am aware of.

Kuna15
12-29-2005, 04:34 AM
I suppose majority of aircraft have aileron trim so you got to be specific.

I don't have trim control mapped on joystick I have it mapped on keyboard. It is also helpfull to have neutral trim position key mapped for all three trim surfaces as it will prve very helpfull sometimes.

You can either tap the trim button or press and hold. Trim however has certain ammount (albeit very small) of delay between your input and in-game reaction (insta-trim and delayed trim -- there has been many discussion over that issue. Some FB version had insta-trim some delayed. 402 has delayed trim).

Tully__
12-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Not all planes have aileron trim, some don't have rudder trim and some don't have any trim adjustment from the cockpit (I-16 has no trim for example).

tonedog2005
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
how do people trim their aircraft?

u dont

explain please. how else do u get level flight if u dont trim? and i dont mean autopilot

Chuck_Older
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by tonedog2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do people trim their aircraft?

u dont

explain please. how else do u get level flight if u dont trim? and i dont mean autopilot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get level flight the way they trained them- by paying attention to your needle and ball instrument, and using rudder, stick, and throttle to keep the needle and ball centered

Tully__
12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Most aircraft that are not equipped with trim on one or more axes are static trimmed to fly level at some throttle setting equivalent to cruise power. If you're lucky, your flight leader will fly at that speed on the way to and home from the target area. If he doesn't, your only choice is to hold the controls to maintain the attitude you want.

MLudner
12-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Practice. It's a matter of just working at it until you get it. Use the FMB to establish training missions where you fly with a leader and try to stay in formation with him. Set up some so that somewhere along the route you will run into a like number of hostiles so that you can practice flying wing in combat.

As said above, some aircraft have no to limited trim, others have full trim. From experience and experimentation you will learn which do and don't. Bf-109's and FW-190's, for example, have only elevator trim, no aileron or rudder. US built aircraft almost always have Aileron, Rudder and Elevator trim tabs.