PDA

View Full Version : Small joystick issue...

Zlians
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Ok, here's how it happened.

PF is my second flight sim. My first was Flight Sim 2004. In both, I have had the problem of right turns (tipping the stick right on the X axis) being weaker and harder to achieve than left turns, even though the plane flies centered when the stick is neutral. I got drivers just now, cleared the calibrations (each time I try to calibrate it myself, I cause more problems that fix)... So I checked that window that shows a little white box and a red +... I moved the stick all the way to the left, and the + went all the way to the left, hitting the edge of the box. When I moved the stick all the way to the right, however, the + didnt even get halfway to the right edge of the box...

any tips? maybe the stick is broken? when I leave it neutral, the + is perfectly centered in the box...

Zlians
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Ok, here's how it happened.

PF is my second flight sim. My first was Flight Sim 2004. In both, I have had the problem of right turns (tipping the stick right on the X axis) being weaker and harder to achieve than left turns, even though the plane flies centered when the stick is neutral. I got drivers just now, cleared the calibrations (each time I try to calibrate it myself, I cause more problems that fix)... So I checked that window that shows a little white box and a red +... I moved the stick all the way to the left, and the + went all the way to the left, hitting the edge of the box. When I moved the stick all the way to the right, however, the + didnt even get halfway to the right edge of the box...

any tips? maybe the stick is broken? when I leave it neutral, the + is perfectly centered in the box...

Zlians
09-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Come on guys, I need this... otherwise I will have to stick with pretending that my plane was made in Chine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

russ.nl
09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Its broken!

Kapt_A
09-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Sounds like your stick is worn out.If you are getting the same results in 2 different games and in your Control Panel/ Game Controllers shows limited movement,Sorry, it be junk.

Firebird_79vRAF
09-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Is it a Sidewinder 2?

Thats my stick of choice and while I love it, it has a very annoying habit of doing this occasionally. To fix mine I just unplug the usb and plug it back in.

han freak solo
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firebird_79vRAF:
Is it a Sidewinder 2?

Thats my stick of choice and while I love it, it has a very annoying habit of doing this occasionally. To fix mine I just unplug the usb and plug it back in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same stick, same experience, same fix.

achtung2004
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I am sorry about your small joystick.....